Our Billy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Forgive me if this has already been covered, but browsed through most threads and can't find any reference.
We've all been wrapped up in debate over CW leaving that perhaps one issue has been overlooked. Following Billy's post match Leicester interview where it was quite obvious he was shot to pieces at the news of CW leaving, the next we hear is from Hecky saying he injured himself in training and will be out for 'weeks, not days' with no apparent diagnosis of the injury. Especially as the player is the skipper and who has a relatively decent injury record.
It may be me reading too much into this, but I find it rather a coincidence and wonder if the 'weeks' reference means we won't see him in a Blades shirt again.
Whichever, I wish him all the best.

Forgive me if this has already been covered, but browsed through most threads and can't find any reference.
We've all been wrapped up in debate over CW leaving that perhaps one issue has been overlooked. Following Billy's post match Leicester interview where it was quite obvious he was shot to pieces at the news of CW leaving, the next we hear is from Hecky saying he injured himself in training and will be out for 'weeks, not days' with no apparent diagnosis of the injury. Especially as the player is the skipper and who has a relatively decent injury record.
It may be me reading too much into this, but I find it rather a coincidence and wonder if the 'weeks' reference means we won't see him in a Blades shirt again.
....and our longest serving player also out injured ? Yes it has been mentioned already !

I don't know about that and doubt he'd basically refuse to play for his own club, but I think there's a decent chance that he or McGoldrick might look to retire in summer.

I don't know about that and doubt he'd basically refuse to play for his own club, but I think there's a decent chance that he or McGoldrick might look to retire in summer.
Hasn’t he got another year left on his contract?

not sure when didzy’s runs out but if you’re under contract you wouldn’t announce your retirement, unless the club are willing to pay up the remainder

Hasn’t he got another year left on his contract?

not sure when didzy’s runs out but if you’re under contract you wouldn’t announce your retirement, unless the club are willing to pay up the remainder

They both have but I have a little feeling that Billy will not want to play out his last year as a 4th or 5th choice striker in the Championship. Pretty sure we'd agree to cancel either of their contracts.

No, I'm not suggesting he's down tools. Why are some getting their knickers in a twist? All I'm saying is that I know it was reported he was injured, but haven't heard what's wrong with him. Is he not in a right place to concentrate on his football, but was it indeed a physical injury? Some need to go and have lay down; the stress of losing the manager is getting to em for crying out loud.

....and our longest serving player also out injured ? Yes it has been mentioned already !

That was me - and it was very much tongue in cheek.
I don’t for a second believe either would be so unprofessional that they’d feign injury because they aren’t happy Wilder went.

Billy’s been self harming since Chris has left. It is very difficult news as we can all appreciate

No, I'm not suggesting he's down tools. Why are some getting their knickers in a twist? All I'm saying is that I know it was reported he was injured, but haven't heard what's wrong with him. Is he not in a right place to concentrate on his football, but was it indeed a physical injury? Some need to go and have lay down; the stress of losing the manager is getting to em for crying out loud.
So what are you saying Billy is so upset that Wilder has left he can't get his mind right to play? We are talking a manager who for long periods hasn't picked Billy Sharp.

It'll be a sad day when Billy leaves the club. Hopefully he'll still be involved for a long time, in some capacity. But no doubt he can still do the business as a player in the Championship

He Is injured, my bro finished his loft conversion on Friday, showed me some pics and on his twitter the games room, lovely house, lovely bloke. Brother is still a bit of a nob though.

He Is injured, my bro finished his loft conversion on Friday, showed me some pics and on his twitter the games room, lovely house, lovely bloke. Brother is still a bit of a nob though.

I saw those pictures on Twitter. Stunning stuff your brother is turning out, if a little extravagant for my tastes.

There may be some members of our squad who were deeply upset by the news that Chris Wilder was leaving the club .

From my understanding of the relationship between the two of them , I very much doubt that Billy Sharp falls into that category . On that basis and knowing him to be the tough character and true professional that he is , I find the speculation that he may be ‘ not in a right place to concentrate on his football ‘ faintly ludicrous .

👏👏👏👏👏👏 and thank you most sincerely for all your endeavors in the magical trip you have taken us all on in the last few years.
You will both be👏👏👏👏👏👏 most warmly on any future return to the ground, all the best for your futures.
Once a Blade ALWAYS........
If either of you can't get in to see a game contact me through this site, more than sure Mr Foxy is the sole of discretion, and you can borrow mi season ticket. Bon Voyage.😢

They both still be playing this time next season, but not necessarily for us. I’m led to believe that BS has recently had some expensive building work undertaken and it needs paying for.

Whit is running "how to make a living from property after a footballing career is over" courses. Only. 35k for a 3 day course.
Billy has booked the seat next to Wilder.

Back
Top Bottom