Only as good as your last game

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CPB

Reaction score
I thought after we beat Fulham that it was a great result and a good away performance. Scored and restricted them well. Things were "potentially" looking up.

But I also thought that if we don't back this up with positive performances in the coming games (at the time Preston, Hull and Boro) then it's one of those one of performances/matches.
We shouldn't get too excited till we start to see more.

Due to the postponements we've essentially had a winter break.
But we aren't coming back recharged per se because we too have had some covid issues and injuries. PH alluded to not getting as many good training sessions in as we would have liked too.

Wolves last week I expected rust. We actually started that game not too shabby but made some defensive errors of course and missed some chances.

Yesterday we have come up against a side that are probably battling harder than most in the league. I don't see a great deal of quality but they are trying. Tom Lawrence obv. Showed some quality but we also showed some shocking defending too.

It was pretty dire, rusty and everything else yesterday. But we shouldn't overreact too much till we've played these next few.
We have chance to put that right again on Tuesday.... Or confound with a poor performance.
It's over to the management and players to deliver or not.

Christmas is usually a crucial period of fixtures especially if your mid table like we are.
Yet because of the postponements this is almost like our set of Christmas fixtures right now.
I know it's said all the way through the season but the next 5 will deffo show if there is a glimmer of hope for top 6 or not basically...

The only rust is at the Stadium of Shite. Can't accept an argument that professional footballers forget how to play after a few weeks. Imagine if we were all like that after time off work.

Derby fans seem to think they were on fire, according to View From.
We were poor.
Some of the the threads and comments are typical of internet fury.

The only rust is at the Stadium of Shite. Can't accept an argument that professional footballers forget how to play after a few weeks. Imagine if we were all like that after time off work.
But this is the way with footballers. Match practice and fitness it goes hand in hand always has done.

Derby fans seem to think they were on fire, according to View From.
We were poor.
Some of the the threads and comments are typical of internet fury.
Derby are trying hard but they aren't a quality team. I mean they would only be 3 pts ahead of us without deductions so they're not top 6 and they are already pushing hard.

But this is the way with footballers. Match practice and fitness it goes hand in hand always has done.

Derby are trying hard but they aren't a quality team. I mean they would only be 3 pts ahead of us without deductions so they're not top 6 and they are already pushing hard.
Yeah we got beat 2-0 , and were poor. Different people react in different ways. There's some way ott reaction imo.

Back
Top Bottom