Norwood, Berge, Doyle.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Maurice Maurice

Reaction score
When Norwood's sat in the hole, spraying the ball about he's good, we're good. When he gets closed down and has no time, we're poor. Last couple of times Doyle's played that role his energy and all round game has been a different class. Gives us so much more than sitting there trying to dictate the game. Today he was available all the time, played long balls, short balls, ran with it, held it up and was pretty much a 10/10.

Even better today, having Berge in a different role we saw a completely different player. He battled, he ran with the ball, he didn't hide, looked like a fat better player than we've been seeing.

Not saying Norwood shouldn't play again but I hope it's given the gaffer enough to think about shuffling the pack every now and then. The energy alone today was a joy to watch.

Doyle can do what Norwood does. But, Doyle is more athletic, quicker and he can take a man on.

Norwood needs replacing at some point and Berge isn't the one to do so. Doyle is! So gerrim signed naaa!

That 3 that started is now first choice, no question

Doyle is more mobile and forward thinking than Norwood and it makes a big difference. It definitely brings more out of the others, and I don't think it's a coincidence we had 61% of the ball today - far more than usual

Thought for a while Doyle would be a long term Norwood replacement but he's been far too unreliable fitness wise

Glad we're finally seeing him in this position, and it might just make the difference for us. Opponents will also have to adjust against us and there might not be enough time left for them to work it out

This has made me considerably more confident that we can win at least 4 of the 5 home games

Back
Top Bottom