No Bids ☑️

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Unfortunately Hecky has muddied the waters forever by saying discussions are as good as a bid

For us. We'd done our money by retaining our squad and not cashing in. That was investment for us.

But on the flip side, the Prince has played a blinder:

- He's not invested anything in the squad this window.

- In fact he's reduced the squad by sending back Khadra.

- He's ensured we don't sign anyone by being under embargo and reducing expectation of arrivals to nil

- Allowed a few potential thoughts to get out there that we might lose key men

- Gets to tea time and he rolls out like Vince McMahon, all bets are off, I've turned down 25m+ bids, all aboard the promotion train 🚂 choo choo

The guys a PR legend 🤣

For us. We'd done our money by retaining our squad and not cashing in. That was investment for us.

But on the flip side, the Prince has played a blinder:

- He's not invested anything in the squad this window.

- In fact he's reduced the squad by sending back Khadra.

- He's ensured we don't sign anyone by being under embargo and reducing expectation of arrivals to nil

- Allowed a few potential thoughts to get out there that we might lose key men

- Gets to tea time and he rolls out like Vince McMahon, all bets are off, I've turned down 25m+ bids, all aboard the promotion train 🚂 choo choo

The guys a PR legend 🤣

Ha ha, yes that's a good summary.

We've lost Khadra and replaced him with no one, so normally you'd say it's been a slightly disappointing window.
We'd all now be facing the Rotherham match on a low, in the knowledge that all our rivals have strengthened their squad whilst we've brought no one in.

So it's very clever that most of the fanbase is relieved, with some even on a high, thinking we've had a great transfer window.
To be fair though, when things are going so well, many Blades know there's something around the corner to kick us in the nuts.
Would have gone down in folklore to sell both Berge and N'Diaye on deadline day, like we sold Deane and Fjortoft on deadline day.

We've lost Khadra and replaced him with no one, so normally you'd say it's been a slightly disappointing window.
We'd all now be facing the Rotherham match on a low, in the knowledge that all our rivals have strengthened their squad whilst we've brought no one in.

So it's very clever that most of the fanbase is relieved, with some even on a high, thinking we've had a great transfer window.
To be fair though, when things are going so well, many Blades know there's something around the corner to kick us in the nuts.
Would have gone down in folklore to sell both Berge and N'Diaye on deadline day, like we sold Deane and Fjortoft on deadline day.
To dwell on Khadra I'd think, for me at least would be Hecky overplaying his hand a bit. The lad played a total of 381 minutes. He was hooked every time he started. His departure has merely allowed us to get a better look at Jebbo, who, despite his red card, seems to be coming along nicely.

Khadra stays, do we get to see all of that promise from Jebbison? I'm not so sure.

we lost khadra and didnt sign o brien but it could work in our favour if both help brum and blackburn take points off our rivals neither of those sides will be challenging for automatic promotion

we lost khadra and didnt sign o brien but it could work in our favour if both help brum and blackburn take points off our rivals neither of those sides will be challenging for automatic promotion
Don't think Blackburn signed O'Brien in the end did they?

What I'd say is bringing players in doesn't equate to strengthening the team it can do and it can also upset the applecart kadra leaving opened up the way for jebbison a far more rounded player

Apparently still awaiting confirmation from EFL so it looks as though they tried but potentially got timed-out. I can't decide whether or not I'd prefer it to have gone through - only balance probably yes - he'll strengthen Blackburn but I can't see them catching Utd and he'll also hopefully help them take points off other teams at the top. He also won't be sat on his @rse for the next 4 months in case Utd resurrect their interest in the summer - I see him as quite a natural replacement for Fleck but I'm not sure he's Prem level - he hasn't been given much of a chance at Forest tbf

What haven't we replaced? His goals? His assists? His work-rate? His contribution?

What is it that we've actually lost by getting rid of Khadra that isn't gained by opening the pathway for Jebbo/Osula?

Jebbo's already scored the same amount of goals as Khadra. Khadra didn't contribute assists. If we need someone to eat up minutes and chase the ball for the last 5 mins I reckon Osula can do the job just as good.

If we need someone to mindlessly run the ball out of play we should have kept Burke.

oh right thought he had signed we can get him in the summer anyway if hecky still wants him be a good signing though imo natural fleck replacement if we continue playing 352

Fly in the ointment could be that both of those teams still have to play us as well though?

Fly in the ointment could be that both of those teams still have to play us as well though?
yes suppose so but weve a good points cushion and in all honesty we should already be promoted by the time we go to st andrews on the final day

Back
Top Bottom