Nesh

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

raimond

Reaction score
Tactics, systems, balance, confidence, quality aside, can someone please put a fucking challenge in for fuck's sake?? A bit of intent to get the side and us lot in the stands going.

I'm absolutely exempting Bash, and to some extent, Fleck. But out of this squad I'm saying Berge, Norwood, Bogle and others regularly nesh going in for a challenge and Ben Davies doesn't exactly clear anyone out either. Ever.

I honestly don't think it'd take too much to get a few wins if we weren't so fucking passive. Show some bollocks and heart FFS

Tactics, systems, balance, confidence, quality aside, can someone please put a fucking challenge in for fuck's sake?? A bit of intent to get the side and us lot in the stands going.

I'm absolutely exempting Bash, and to some extent, Fleck. But out of this squad I'm saying Berge, Norwood, Bogle and others regularly nesh going in for a challenge and Ben Davies doesn't exactly clear anyone out either. Ever.

I honestly don't think it'd take too much to get a few wins if we weren't so fucking passive. Show some bollocks and heart FFS
Couldn't agree more, we are a really nesh side sadly, but on the other side of things not one player capable of taking on a man successfully or shooting from outside the box. Worrying times.

I said as much when I saw we'd be going back to 3-5-2. If the players feel that reverting to that style will help us get some results then that's fine, but I've never really felt that the formation is the true issue.

It's the lack of battle and desire which is the problem. It was what fucked us against a bang average Blackburn side and it's what fucked us at home in the first half today, against a Coventry side who were nothing special but looked the more likely to score for 45 minutes.

We got a little bit back in the second half today and could've nicked a goal with a bit of luck, but even when we got a bit of desire back, there was a lack of sharpness and confidence which prevented us from stealing the game.

Nesh is indeed the right word. Sums us up perfectly and it shouldn't be occuring on our own patch.

I wasn't cold today. Not bad at all for November.

It is weird that the OP specifically names three players in the aftermath of a game where one was injured, another was suspended, and the third probably didn't want to do the sort of stupid lunges that he wants to see on account of having got an early yellow card for nothing

Need to see it again, but when Hourihane got booked for pulling their player back I did wonder why he didn’t just tackle the bugger. It looked the easier option 🤷‍♂️

Leaders/captains required straight down the spine of the team ...

it's like going back in time to the days of Clough and Adkins.

So obvious for most of us but for the professionals in charge it's like re-inventing the wheel.

It is weird that the OP specifically names three players in the aftermath of a game where one was injured, another was suspended, and the third probably didn't want to do the sort of stupid lunges that he wants to see on account of having got an early yellow card for nothing
The OP named squad members who are regular offenders for not putting a decent challenge in ever, having watched another match in which whole periods of play and attacks progressed without anyone putting a challenge in, in a side almost defined by not doing so.

Best post on S24su ever. Summed us up in one word.

Norwood puts the odd decent tackle in but berge is a complete pussy, I remember a solid but fair challenge against him early in the season possibly against Birmingham and berge looked like he wanted to cry

Norwood puts the odd decent tackle in but berge is a complete pussy, I remember a solid but fair challenge against him early in the season possibly against Birmingham and berge looked like he wanted to cry
Yep. Great quality, but least imposing 6'5" figure ever. Floats like a butterfly, stings like a butterfly

Back
Top Bottom