Naughton Anyone?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Please let the rumours about Naughton be true. He would give Speed plenty of much needed options. He and Calve could be played together overlapping down the right, also meaning that Ward could move into the centre. Gives us proper over at Left back in case Jordan gets injured, proper cover at right back if Calve gets injured.

If its a season loan with a "cheap" buy back at the end of the season then great.

Naughton would be great left back, right back, right mid, left mid

Naughton is in the Spurs '25'. Would seem bizarre to loan him out, especially considering they left Woodgate (yes I know Woodgate has injury problems) out of the 25 to fit him in.

Naughton is in the Spurs '25'. Would seem bizarre to loan him out, especially considering they left Woodgate (yes I know Woodgate has injury problems) out of the 25 to fit him in.

He is also not named as one of their 8 home grown players despite being 22.

Shite! Yes you're right. According to Sky Sports article on Woodgate missing out the squad is as follows

Tottenham squad: Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Sebastian Bassong, David Bentley, Vedran Corluka, Peter Crouch, Carlo Cudicini, Heurelho Gomes, Michael Dawson, Jermain Defoe, William Gallas, Tom Huddlestone, Alan Hutton, Jermaine Jenas, Younes Kaboul, Robbie Keane, Ledley King, Niko Kranjcar, Aaron Lennon, Luka Modric, Kyle Naughton, Jamie O'Hara, Wilson Palacios, Roman Pavlyuchenko, Stipe Pletikosa, Rafael van der Vaart.

Walker is under 21 still so doesn't need to be listed.

With Dawson now crocked I wonder if Woodgate will now be included until Christmas

Erm seems unlikely with him being named in the 25, but who knows, it doesn't mean they use all the 25 so it could be possible for a short term loan, just to get him some competitive games under his belt for the season.

If they were to get rid on a season long loan, would they be able to replace him in that list of 25 with another player, or is that not allowed under the rules?

No. Rule specifically states if a member of the 25 goes out on loan to a football league club they cannot replace in the squad.

i have been told from somewhere that walker was originally recalled (after saying they wouldn't) because we was playing him while he had ligament damage and should have been sidelined to rest. i was told the reason he played was "because he wanted to play" and this is why the agreement where we were suppose to get first choice on some of the good young talent coming out of white hart lane never really happened (due to Tottenham being pissed about a injured prospect playing) and instead of letting the likes of naughton come back to the blades at the end of last season he went to boro.

so if this is true. (which i dont know whether it is or not) the chances of getting naughton are very, very slim!

Back
Top Bottom