My take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

When I want your opinion, I will have a child deliver it for you. :)
Thought Fallowfield was a child.
It’s a Fallowfield Fact Portsmouth he simply ain’t good enough
We all know Fallowfield facts are not facts at all. (UAFA A badge).

A stone wall fact is Billy finished them off in time added on.

Thought Fallowfield was a child.

We all know Fallowfield facts are not facts at all. (UAFA A badge).

A stone wall fact is Billy finished them off in time added on.
Jebbo demonstrated his inexperience getting red carded. Billy is unlikely to let Spurs wind him up. A fact that this fallowfart seems to have ignored or forgotten.
Yes, McBurnie will get minutes, Fallowfield doesn’t understand that McBurnie needs to be saved for the league games. FF is too self involved to see the big picture.

FF is a child, so another child giving him an opinion will be simpler for him to understand it. Poor chap has convinced himself he knows better than everyone else.
I’ll give him someone under10 to make it easier for him.

First half I though McAtee was looking hopeless. As soon as he missed that one on one I would have turned to my bench and said 'get warmed up' to Norwood.

Fortunately he found a bit more in himself in the second half but he missed a fucktonne of opportunities in the first to put us on the front foot.

pommpey
Can't agree. if Ndiaye, who comes with god-like status in this household, had put the brakes on togget onside, McAtee would''ve squared it and its 1-0. He kept checking but Ndiaye was still thundering forward by which time he had to shoot. Some superb slide ruile passing, always involved always trying when some hid last night imho.

Some bullet points:-
Great we won.
Davies 7.5 - well done lad, great penalty save kept us in the tie and looked confident throughout.
Basham, Egan, Osborn 6- adequate.
McAtee 5 -should have made the Goalie work
Amel- 5 good goal , bad giveaway for pen.
JLT-6 a fair game from him.
Coulibally 6- some good touches
Berge-5 slow in possession, lost ball going forward, good goal at finish.
Ndiaye 6 strange game from him , failed to dominate but repeatedly fouled.
Sharp 6 good goal at finish missed other chances.

Norwood 6- great pass for Sharp Goal.

Hecky 6 - too late with subs again and wrong choices to take off.

Referee 1 - Piss artist- should never be allowed near a whistle again.

Wrexham fans 5, respect for size of turnout- keep yr flares for your shit heap.

Some bullet points:-
Great we won.
Davies 7.5 - well done lad, great penalty save kept us in the tie and looked confident throughout.
Basham, Egan, Osborn 6- adequate.
McAtee 5 -should have made the Goalie work
Amel- 5 good goal , bad giveaway for pen.
JLT-6 a fair game from him.
Coulibally 6- some good touches
Ndiaye 6 strange game from him , failed to dominate but repeatedly fouled.
Sharp 6 good goal at finish missed other chances.

Norwood 6- great pass for Sharp Goal.

Hecky 6 - too late with subs again and wrong choices to take off.

Referee 1 - Piss artist- should never be allowed near a whistle again.

Wrexham fans 5, respect for size of turnout- keep yr flares for your shit heap.
Norwood- great pass for Sharp goal? It went straight to their defender who made a right bollocks of controlling it and let it run through to Sharp to score.

Go on then. Explain.

pommpey
Honestly believe he put a proper shift in last night, a constant thorn in their side hence the amount of stick he took from several defenders off the ball and out of the reds eye line. Yes he could have scored more, he should have had a penalty but he played people in, harassed and pressured all night. Took his goal well and gave a captain’s performance. Yes he’s coming to the end but give him m a bit of credit when it’s due. 👍🏻

Like any post match report. Its all about ifs and buts.

If we take the chances in the first half (Anel and McAtee), the game is done by half time.
We didn't. Wrexham got to regroup at HT and thought, hang on, it's still level despite us only touching the ball about 3 times. That gives them a boost and they came out a different team, tails up.

Last night was some of the best counter-attacking I've seen from a United team in a long time. Each time Wrexham got forward, which wasn't very often, 2 touches later and we were running at them very dangerously. McAtee in particular for me carried the ball well. I think the low rating is clouded by the miss. He had a good game, as did Berge (who was ITV M.O.M).

Their first pen was a defo foul, but I think VAR turns it back to a free kick. I likened it to a rugby try - he knew he was being pulled but made every effort of getting to the byline before going down, i.e. he dived to win a pen. Fair enough.

2nd penalty I was absolutely slagging Norwood. However, after seeing the replays on TV now, he was very unlucky. He was just sliding, unchallenged, to scoop the loose ball up. All of a sudden, Mullin gets in behind him and is tripped. Again, a definite foul, buy very unfortunate from Norwoods point of view.

I'm glad we beat them, but the scoreline should have been 3-0 (at least), before their 1st goal.
Overall it was a dominant performance - 32 shots (has that happened before?), but composure infront of goal gave Wrexham hope and ultimately gave us the jitters.

I might start doing my own take. 🤣

To be honest I don't give a monkeys how individuals played, we won and I'm happy for the lads with that.
But I really do hope there isn't a replay in the next round because we have far bigger fish to fry than the FA cup ....

Heck of a night. Still come away from that two parts relieved, one part disappointed and no parts confident. Our big mission was to absolutely smash a predictably determined Wrexham out of sight by half time and spend the next forty five showboating. Never fucking happens like that though, does it?

With an unconventional lineup and Hecky's need to rest players ahead of the upcoming tsunami of likely assassins, we sure made chances in the first half but equally predictably failed to capitalise. And the most frustrating aspect of our game is for us to endlessly play keepball across the backline. Side to side, back again, inside back back across the back, whilst the opposition set themselves and give us no options. They just know we'll burn time up and the crowd will get restless or we'll cough up possession. Going in at 0-0 at half time extends the documentary value but in truth didn't do much for Wrexham because Davies had not much to do. We just patiently and pointlessly played possession football and spunked obvious chances, like McAtee's one-on-one. In that situation (and NDaiye should have held back) you HAVE to get your shot on target. Feint, go the other way, draw the foul from the chasing defender or a stray arm from the keeper. Either way its a red. What you don't do is miss the goal entirely. Unforgivable. Second half we improved slightly but still managed to allow Wrexham ... a fucking non league side ... to harry and press and put us under pressure. Out opening goal was well worked and taken but to give them a spot kick from fuck all - and do the maths ... that ref aint gonna give us the benefit of the doubt even though it was technically a penner - is also unforgivable. See also Norwood's clumsy clumping for the second spot kick. At that moment the episode was in the bag save for Davies who paid back for his errors in the first leg. But it's odd about us isn't it? We have what ... seven or so players who played in the PL out there and a PL loanee, plus a World Cup player or two and still we looked hopeless against the sheer parks footballery of Mullins. Next time out you can forgive Harry Kane dancing rings round our back three and bagging a hat-trick but Mullins, for all his shithousery, epitomised what it takes to be a fucking nuisance up top.

I'm glad we won. Like Billy, they can lick the underside of my fucking bawbag with their massive away crowd that is possibly three times bigger than their normal Saturday home crowd. They can chomp my turds in a fluffy breadcake with Stork on it for all their billy big time Hollywood/Disney bollocks. They came, they got beat. Now fuck off back to that town the other side of Stoke and back to the small time. You've had your say and it amounted to fuck all. We've got business to do. Flare-throwing peasants.

Davies 7/10: Full two points for a pretty quiet performance simply for saving us the humiliation of going down 2-1 from which we wouldn't come back from.
Basham 6/10: Oddly out wide at RWB but although his superpowers are fading, he still put a moderately decent shift in tonight
Anel 5/10: First half he was poor. Took his goal well then practically gave them their penalty.
Egan 7/10: I thought he played well and got himself in places to deny Wrexham (yeah ... non league Wrexham) the chances they were likely to capitalise from
JLT 6/10: Thought he too gave a committed Morganesque performance
Osborn 7/10: A lot better from him. Although still vulnerable I thought he got involved and made telling runs and crosses tonight
Berge 6/10: Again, sometimes when he is on the ball he pushes past players and shows his class. But tonight he is up against non-leaguers. Took his goal really well but robbed a few times and at others he just failed to make his effect work to dominate
Coullibally 6.5/10: Thought he looked promising. Good eye for playmaking and deft footwork, Why the fuck he was hooked is a mystery
McAtee 5/10: Thought he came back into the game second half after a dismal first smattered with errors and fuck ups. Good lay off for Berge's goal
NDaiye 7/10: Again, loads of digging out of the ball and making half chances his own to get us back on the front foot. His skill level and energy is way above the rest of the team
Sharp 5/10: He spent a lot of time trying to muscle in and right at the death, wins the match for us and puts Wrexham to sleep. He does what it says on the label, does Billy.

Norwood 6/10: Added some composure to the midfield but I'd have hooked McAtee and put Coullibally in his place and put Norwood in at CDM. Great cross field ball to Sharp which their defender fucked up to his cost
Lowe 5/10: Not a massive amount for him to comment on. We changed to 4-3-3 then.
Brooks - No mark

HJ&SMcC 6/10: Yeah, we got there and we didn't get humiliatingly dumped out of the competition by a non league side at Bramall Lane after struggling to draw with them at their place. The tale of the tape this season is 'making hard work of it' and we have done this since beating Burnley at Bramall Lane all those long weeks ago. I am not really sure what his ideal side is or what his most effective tactic is. We are on them, fail to score, allow them back into the game and struggle to finish. But we don't get beat, which is somewhat a pyrrhic, bittersweet bonus. Give Spurs the next round, protect the squad and don't let this points gap drop to anything below six points because if by Birmingham away in May we are down to the last game we'll end up in the playoffs and we all know what happens there.

And those rather suspect entities running the club need to get this fucking sale sorted out quickly. We will need at least £120m to finish 17th in the PL next season. This current squad won't make it. Tonight is proof.

pommpey
Harsh to call Brooks a no mark in my opinion, he's just a young lad getting a few minutes ;)
Seriously, I'm surprised by the McAtee mark as he was trying stuff all game. Hes like Ndayie a year ago in my opinion. Talented, pacey and not short on effort, but hot and cold on output
I also thought Norwood for Coulibaly was the right call, given that it was his debut and he looked knackered to me.

Mullin going off was a significant moment in the match

Thought exactly the same. He knew exactly where he wanted to pass it before he received it. This is what we need in midfield if we we are going to unsettle the opposition. What he also did is make himself available for the next pass. Seeing that performance (and yes it was against non-league) makes you wonder why we have hardly seen the bloke all season
Finally got him fit !, he's had two seasons of different injuries his latest a knee injury which needed surgery.He looks good at first impressions.

If Pomp's provided a score-adjuster according to his perceived level of the opposition, together with the score-adjuster used in relation to transfer fee paid then we could maybe gain a better understanding of his player-ratings. However, I suspect it will probably be left in his locker when we play Spurs and the usual suspects will be docked points before kick-off anyhow. Berge 6, Billy 5 - Jeeeeez......

strange how ITV gave Berge man of the match ignoring all the clamour to give it to a Wreham player

shows how opinions differ

I think wrexham at this moment in time are on a par with a bottom half championship team in terms of quality of squad

the expected goal index had us at 4.1 and wrexham at 1.9 so 4-2 which is more or less compatible with the final 3-1 result
we completed double the passes that wrexham managed so the result was right
they only had 10 minute spell in the game when the ref awarded them 2 penalties which were both earned by Mullins who Tom Daley has contacted to try out synchronized diving with him as hes a natural

I think wrexham at this moment in time are on a par with a bottom half championship team in terms of quality of squad

the expected goal index had us at 4.1 and wrexham at 1.9 so 4-2 which is more or less compatible with the final 3-1 result
we completed double the passes that wrexham managed so the result was right
they only had 10 minute spell in the game when the ref awarded them 2 penalties which were both earned by Mullins who Tom Daley has contacted to try out synchronized diving with him as hes a natural
Wrexham are bottom half League 2 at best.

strange how ITV gave Berge man of the match ignoring all the clamour to give it to a Wreham player

shows how opinions differ

Yeah it does

ITV - there just to see us get beat and fire fat gouts of hot semen up the back of Ryan Reynolds whilst simultaneously working the shaft and cupping his ballocks.

pommpey - sees most if not every game and has some perspective on Berge's performance and has been a Sheffield United supporter for well over half a century.

pommpey

Either way its a red.
I wonder. Defender and GK could probably have scissored McAtee with a pair of machetes and I'm still not convinced anyone would have seen red.

My comment to a friend at 1-1 was that we needed Wrexham's second penalty soon or we'd not have time to recover. That they got it a minute after my comment and then missed it - just what we needed. I'd give Norwood an extra mark for reading my mind.

From gaining possession , 90% of the time our instinct is to
Slow it down
Pass sideways or back
Wait till oppo defenders are all back between us and their goal
Try to advance up the pitch with passes which are all in front of the oppo defenders

Why do we do this ?

Our goals came tonight from fast breakaways.

Isn't that proof enough that we should
Move it quicker by passing quickly before the oppo defence is set
Make passes inside their fullbacks or between their CBs , for our attackers to run onto (which force their defenders to turn)

This is simple strategy to put us in the driving seat going forward.

I don't know whether our coaches have decided against this strategy or the players can't execute it

But they should all sit down and watch that game and identify where the goals & clear chances occurred.

Just a suggestion , you understand
Is it possible, that they moved it quickly when that option was open to them and created chances, and when the option didn't appear open to them, they kept possession rather than giving it away?

Just a thought. I'm not personally going to watch the game again to see if there's any truth in it.

Is it possible, that they moved it quickly when that option was open to them and created chances, and when the option didn't appear open to them, they kept possession rather than giving it away?

Just a thought. I'm not personally going to watch the game again to see if there's any truth in it.

That's most of the problem. We are so blatantly set up to bomb down the flanks any infield options have to come from Billy or NDaiye coming short to show, which takes the pressure off their backline somewhat

pommpey

That's most of the problem. We are so blatantly set up to bomb down the flanks any infield options have to come from Billy or NDaiye coming short to show, which takes the pressure off their backline somewhat

pommpey
There is that.

Wrexham ... a fucking non league side .

Unbeaten for 24 games though for a reason.

By the same reasoning Spurs should tonk us 5-0.

That's the beauty of the FA cup.

Back
Top Bottom