MotD Watch

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

pommpey

THE FUTURE ... AS IT USED TO BE
Reaction score
"Hmmm. Have to agree with that. It's been a brilliant season for Sheffield United. So, the return of La Porte ... I'll just put this cup here and me, Martyn and Phil will thrap into it for the next 120 seconds at a player who hasn't played for five months ... "

120 odd seconds of a Man City player who was eventually subbed.

Well done BBC. Well done.

pommpey

"Hmmm. Have to agree with that. It's been a brilliant season for Sheffield United. So, the return of La Porte ... I'll just put this cup here and me, Martyn and Phil will thrap into it for the next 120 seconds at a player who hasn't played for five months ... "

120 odd seconds of a Man City player who was eventually subbed.

Well done BBC. Well done.

pommpey

Other than the top 6 teams we’ve been banged on about way more than any other team what’s with the weird obsession that we don’t get coverage 😂

I've stopped watching every single football program on TV. Sick to death of other teams getting a bloody mention.
Knocked the Financial Times on the head before Christmas as they simply refused to acknowledge our overlapping CB's in any article this season. What are they watching eh?
and don't get me started on the fucking Spectator or Horse and cunting Hound, hope they all end up with rabies the biased bastards.

Hendo was easily the outstanding performer of the night, yet we got a “vital saves” montage and related comment about Arron Ramsdales England prospects

“It's been a brilliant season for Sheffield United.”

Yep that was it, in depth analysis of a team that’s taken the PL by storm, written off by every paid expert and embarrassing them week in week out.

We’ve passed the deffo relegated by Christmas phase. We’re coming out of the other team had an “off day phase but we‘re entering the watch them crash and burn next season when the big clubs (like the mighty Villa) nick their best players for a pittance phase.

I almost felt sorry for Burnley last night, put in an almighty display against Man Utd, and we got 30 minutes of Rio Ferdinand crying into a hanky about the death of his club before they let Crouch acknowledge what a job Burnley did on them.

The big club narrative rolls on.

I almost felt sorry for Burnley last night, put in an almighty display against Man Utd, and we got 30 minutes of Rio Ferdinand crying into a hanky about the death of his club before they let Crouch acknowledge what a job Burnley did on them.

The big club narrative rolls on.

That's the audience.

I agree we have had loads of good things said (mainly after weeks and weeks of proving all the doubters that we are in the Premier League on merit, not because we found a Willy Wonka golden ticket), but I agree that MOTD last night was more than a little one sided. Apart from t'owd Walkers Crisps saying we had a good season, they mainly just talked about Man City, however, they did say that the passage of play leading up to one of our attempts on goal was the best passage of footy in the game, and that if Mousset had looked up and seen Flecky, rather than trying to back heel it into the net, it could have been our Scottish hero putting us ahead and the game could have changed.

completely agree, we’ve had LOADS of coverage.

Sky did a 15 minute piece on Hendo replacing Pickford yesterday.

Paul Robinson suggested Henderson would be mad to go back to Man Utd to sit on the bench.

It's the same on 5 live, so fucking dull, even when we were in champ it pissed me off so it's not purely a blades-inspired whinge. Just bored to death of Jamie from Exeter demanding Mourinho be sacked, or whatever

Hendo was easily the outstanding performer of the night, yet we got a “vital saves” montage and related comment about Arron Ramsdales England prospects

BT Sports gave MOTM to a Man City player yet right near the end just minutes after they announced it you could clearly hear the announcer saying that the Blades fans gave Hendo MOTM on the vote. There was a commentary pause of about 3 seconds when you thought they were going to say something but they didnt. Then we were discussing when was the last time you heard a TV commentary team giving MOTM to someone on the losing side ?

Back
Top Bottom