Miles, Money, and the Blades.....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WF10BLADE

Reaction score
Linz/Foxy, don't know if this is in right section.

Thought it would be a good idea for people to log how many miles they do over the coming season supporting the Blades and much money they spend doing it.

Starting tonight for me 60 mile round trip to the Lane, £7 quid for match ticket, £10 for train and a To be confirmed amount on refreshment.

Linz/Foxy, don't know if this is in right section.

Thought it would be a good idea for people to log how many miles they do over the coming season supporting the Blades and much money they spend doing it.

Starting tonight for me 60 mile round trip to the Lane, £7 quid for match ticket, £10 for train and a To be confirmed amount on refreshment.

Take it you mean refreshments inside the ground??

Ok for my first game will be v Colchester

Travel: 1,646 miles round trip

Costs:
Flight Ticket: GBP 200
Season ticket: Paid
Sundries: GBP 50

Because of the way some of the fixtures have been alocated (midweek games, Holiday games etc), I won't make that many games this season so my average per game will be still fairly high (no doubt higher than last season)

I'll have to get some "Business Trips" to the UK this season

What, so at the end of the season you can calculate how much better off you would have been without watching the crap served up pretendign to be football?
Wow. A strong constitution you have feller. I would rather not know.

Maidenhead was exactly 350 miles for the round trip but despite that I hardly missed a home game in the 11yrs I was there.

I'm pleased to say Morley is a lot less.

Ticket - £7
Beers - unknown, prob around £25 tonight
Distance - approx 500 metres, free to walk

Maidenhead was exactly 350 miles for the round trip but despite that I hardly missed a home game in the 11yrs I was there.

I'm pleased to say Morley is a lot less.

With the added bonus that you now don't have your arm twisted to give Greenwich lifts

Perhaps someone should give them a medal...

(For me I will be watching Boston United more often than the Blades. A 4-minute walk to the ground; £10 to get in for Senior citizens; nice atmosphere; standing on the terraces; Bovril at half time... jumpers for goalposts...)

It's the stress and anguish that costs the most - and I can get plenty of that even when I cannot make the games with a 200+ mile round trip.
There will be no point in watching Sky Sports News this season either - no feckin reports or tickers for shitty Div 3 teams!
Bloody phone apps are useless as well - the result is almost in the bloody papers before you get the last 5 mins commentary
BladesPlayer is a rip off - pay my BBC license but not allowed the internet feed to the part of the country I am interested in - couldn't give a toss about the teams where I live.
Feckin membership cards an' all
Hum-feckin-BUG!

Am I looking forward to this season? Am I feck.

Morley - biggest dump on God's earth - worse than Weeds!

Rutty next season, sir?

It's a fair bet ;-)

Might be a case of Miles Travelled = Nil. Money Spent = Nil for me.

Its not the club i love anymore, not the same club i spent thousands of pounds following, and i held back from renewing before deadline day, and so it has come to pass that i made the right decision at the time.

You can piss all over me, tell me i'm a part-timer and the like, but keep on clapping, swallowing the bullshit Uncle Richard feeds you, and pretending it is all alright

Ticket - £7
Beers - unknown, prob around £25 tonight
Distance - approx 500 metres, free to walk

Well, the beers ended up costing in excess of £60 due to taxis to and from town and partying till 6am haha

I don't know if I dare do this over the course of a season :)

This is based on Google Maps mileage figures from my house (2 miles from Bramall Lane).

So far this season including tomorrow:

Distance Travelled: 106.6 Miles
Tickets Cost: £470 (inc. £409 for season ticket)

Breakdown:

Aways
09/07/2011 Sheffield FC
12/07/2011 Worksop Town
27/07/2011 Alfreton Town

Home
26/07/2011 Doncaster Rovers
31/07/2011 Blackpool

Back
Top Bottom