Mike Dean

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

crucialkneeligaman

Reaction score
Deemed Killas challenge against the grunters as a sending off offence, yet Adam Johnson rakes his studs down the chest of a Chelsea player, not even a yellow.
Chelsea player deliberately smacks Sunderland player in face 3 yards away from Dean, no action taken.
Having said that, looked like Dean was going to be physically attacked by the Chelsea Assistant Coach, Jeez was he revved up ?. I'm sure the powers that be will come down on him like an ounce of lego bricks. Oh and Jose, learn to lose with a bit of dignity man, twohat.

Just watched Match of the Day. Dean makes up his own rules. very capable referee but he has his own agenda and just loves to be the man everyone is talking about after the game.

If the foul by Larrson on Ramires wasn't a penalty, the handball by Alonso not a penalty (linesman looking straight at it), the assault by Ramires on Larrson not even an offence despite the referee watching it from 8 yards, then we may as well pack the game in.

All that goes on and then when the game draws to a close into the "Mike Dean finale" period, he gives an outrageous penalty. The defender simply slid across the front of the player to block any cross and Altidore stuck out his leg to gain contact and then only stood on the defender's leg. Dean loves the drama, remember the penalty v Rotherham at Bramall Lane - yes a penalty but no more so than 5 or 6 other wrestles at corners that night - so he gives it with a flourish.

Then Alan Shearer tells us Sunderland's pen was a "stone wall" decision, sometimes I think I'm seeing a different game. All evening on MOTD there were bigger shouts denied for penalties up and down the country.

As for Mourinho, another attention seeker, he should keep his counsel because it will get him nowhere. His comments re Mike Riley are sinister. I happen to agree with him but he and I start to look cranky with "conspiracy theories" about referees' hidden agendas. Maybe, maybe not, but I'd be a lot happier if their main offices were not in the same building as the Premier League whose boss talked about the "brand image" last month and the damage done by the Mancs poor season for example. Liverpool winning the League would be a boost for "the brand image"; food for thought? Liverpool have had so many penalties it's embarrassing surely. They have had 12, 5 more than any other team. ( Cardiff have had none).

Last edited:
so he gives it with a flourish.

That's what I don't like. He knows all eyes are on him so he loves a dramatic pause and an exaggerated point to the spot. He's done it for years.

As a rule I never criticise refs because having had a go at it, I know it ranks somewhere between tricky and impossible. But there's no reason at all for the ref to be so showy.

All that goes on and then when the game draws to a close into the "Mike Dean finale" period, he gives an outrageous penalty. The defender simply slid across the front of the player to block any cross and Altidore stuck out his leg to gain contact and then only stood on the defender's leg.

Definite penalty. Altidore didnt see where the Chelsea left back (cant spell his name) was and the force of the tackle against Altidore's left leg made him fall backwards.
I still dont like Dean but Mourinho and his assistant were out of order

Just watched Match of the Day. Dean makes up his own rules. very capable referee but he has his own agenda and just loves to be the man everyone is talking about after the game.

If the foul by Larrson on Ramires wasn't a penalty, the handball by Alonso not a penalty (linesman looking straight at it), the assault by Ramires on Larrson not even an offence despite the referee watching it from 8 yards, then we may as well pack the game in.

All that goes on and then when the game draws to a close into the "Mike Dean finale" period, he gives an outrageous penalty. The defender simply slid across the front of the player to block any cross and Altidore stuck out his leg to gain contact and then only stood on the defender's leg. Dean loves the drama, remember the penalty v Rotherham at Bramall Lane - yes a penalty but no more so than 5 or 6 other wrestles at corners that night - so he gives it with a flourish.

I thought Dean called correctly all the decisions you mention there apart from the Ramires' elbow. But if he didn't see it he cant give it(as with the Alonso handball). Also though it was a clear penalty on Altodore as his back leg was taken away.

I thought he controlled the game well yesterday

That's what I don't like. He knows all eyes are on him so he loves a dramatic pause and an exaggerated point to the spot. He's done it for years.

As a rule I never criticise refs because having had a go at it, I know it ranks somewhere between tricky and impossible. But there's no reason at all for the ref to be so showy.

That's what annoys me also. The dramatic pause to wait for all eyes in the stadium to fall on him followed by the long blow of the whistle. That said; the decisions vs. Rotherham & yesterday were spot on.

The worst example of this shall always be Graham Poll. He made himself the centre of attention for every single game he was involved in, even his 'press conference' post world cup-double-red-card embarrassment was pure self indulgence . I know NW was a gobshite with refs sometimes, but I agree with his belief that a ref has had an excellent game when he hasn't been mentioned in the post-game analysis.

That's what annoys me also. The dramatic pause to wait for all eyes in the stadium to fall on him followed by the long blow of the whistle.

Assume the pose...

n-MIKE-DEAN-PENALTY-PORTSMOUTH-large570.jpg

Does anybody even want to see Chelsea winning the PL? They are my least favourite team to watch without a doubt. Who cares if Mike Dean handed the title to Liverpool yesterday, Chelsea are a horrible team. Anybody catch a glimpse of the tweet from the official Chelsea Twitter account yesterday? Disgusting.

Does anybody even want to see Chelsea winning the PL? They are my least favourite team to watch without a doubt. Who cares if Mike Dean handed the title to Liverpool yesterday, Chelsea are a horrible team. Anybody catch a glimpse of the tweet from the official Chelsea Twitter account yesterday? Disgusting.

I don't think too many people particularly want to see Chelsea win the league, but that's not the point. If Mike Dean had unfairly handed the title to Liverpool, then I care - even though I'd rather they win it than Chelsea. If Chelsea are given less favourable treatment than Liverpool because they are in some way less fashionable, or because it helps the Premier League 'brand' for Liverpool to win the league, then football is not worth playing.

As it happens though, I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that Chelsea are treated unfavourably in any way, or that there was anything dishonest about Mike Dean's performance.

Nope?

I hate to piss on everyones band wagon,but i got slaughtered for not having something in the right thread.
weird eh ,1 for 1 and 1 for another and all that

I hate to piss on everyones band wagon,but i got slaughtered for not having something in the right thread.
weird eh ,1 for 1 and 1 for another and all that

Report it, to right of poster name at the bottom of post in red. When foxy gets back from his London soiree he'll switch over to other sports section.

Back
Top Bottom