Midfield

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Norwood aside I thought Fleck and Lundstram(my best mate) were unplayable 😳 My only worry is that we have no back up options in midfield if them two have to miss out? The number 10 role obviously replaces Norwood though now!
If we play a number 10 against Chelsea we'll get dicked.

Nah...that’s the wrong way round. We won‘t beat them unless we play with a no10
We’ll get overrun with a 10, if Norwood does his job like at Man Utd, we’ll be fine. If he plays like he did tonight we may as well not bother.

Lundstram's been really good the last few games. Starting to look a Prem midfielder all of the sudden. Someone will get a really good bargain this Summer if they can get him playing at this level every week.
I’ve said before, but he’s got a hard time of it from some of our fans, ever since he joined.

When it became apparent that he wasn’t singing a new deal, I said “get rid”, but since then he’s remained entirely professional and continued to be our best midfielder this season (not too hard, admittedly). I’d give him what he wants because replacing him is going to cost us a hell of a lot more.

I’ve said before, but he’s got a hard time of it from some of our fans, ever since he joined.

When it became apparent that he wasn’t singing a new deal, I said “get rid”, but since then he’s remained entirely professional and continued to be our best midfielder this season (not too hard, admittedly). I’d give him what he wants because replacing him is going to cost us a hell of a lot more.

We won't be able to afford his wages in the Championship next season. The offer we made would have made him one of our best paid players in the PL by all accounts.

On a free, if he keeps this form up, someone might offer him £50k+ a week.

We won't be able to afford his wages in the Championship next season. The offer we made would have made him one of our best paid players in the PL by all accounts.

On a free, if he keeps this form up, someone might offer him £50k+ a week.
I see what you’re saying, but part of that deal could have been for x % wage reduction, should we be relegated.

We don’t know the details, but fundamentally, there’s not much reason why he shouldn’t be on a similar wage to Norwood.

To sign someone comparable for the Championship
we would have to be paying a fee of at least £5m plus £15k per week wages. Over 3 years that’s £7.34m. Lundstram on £40k a week for 3 years is £6.24m (and that’s assuming no relegation reduction of salary).

Last edited:
He'd want a signing on fee as a free agent though S64?

If that's £1m then we're talking similar budgets, but by buying someone we might get a player who actually wants to play for us next season. I was pissed off with Lunny when he refused to sign a contract and wanted him out the door fast to avoid causing problems with the rest of the squad but fair play to him he has conducted himself extremely well on and off the field so good luck to him when he goes but there was something CW said the other day about him not even thinking about Lunny not leaving, so I guess the priority is on finding his replacement. I do like Swift at Reading but he might be a PL player soon so we need to keep looking. That Munetsi lad looks a beast, and Coulibaly needs watching too

Probably not against Chelsea but 3-4-1-2 is a good formation for us against sides around us.

We’ll get overrun with a 10, if Norwood does his job like at Man Utd, we’ll be fine. If he plays like he did tonight we may as well not bother.
The story of our season so far. We play shite, go 1-0 down and THEN change it to a 10...we play much better after that.

Lundstram's been really good the last few games. Starting to look a Prem midfielder all of the sudden. Someone will get a really good bargain this Summer if they can get him playing at this level every week.

I suspect there's not many managers out there who can get Lundstram and some of the others playing at the level that Wilder does

Back
Top Bottom