Meet the new boss.... same as the old boss!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Surely at our level and financial situation you have to play to the players strengths. There is no magic money pot so work with what you have. Thats clearly what Orient are doing and arguably what Yeovil did last season. For example if you take over a club with no defensive midfielders you don't play a formation or system that defensive midfielders are a vital part. I don't want our club to be used as Wier's testing and learning new tactical formations

Also on a basic note, if we won the next 20 games 1-0 playing the most boring football and winning with a penalty/own goal/in off someones arse I think we would be delighted because it would mean we are likely to get out of this godawful league. Ultimately that is the aim, how we do it is immaterial.

Sadly today was no better than much of last season. It was a different kind of crap. We passed it around and went nowhere. We had maybe a couple of genuine efforts on goal all game and barely looked like scoring or creating. Of course as Weir is new we have to be patient but sadly I do not matter how the manager is. We have a really poor squad that is full of youngsters, journeymen and players not good enough. We do not have any proven strikers in the squad and lack power and pace all over the field. Without new players Weir will struggle to get us top half in my opinion what I have seen. I may have been optimistic going for 7th/8th!

Last three words hit the nail on the head.

We were poor today, but we've looked a different side pre-season and against the 10-men of Notts County.

He was always going to need more than three games!
Ah the old 'play well against shit sides' that we've seen so often since Warnock left.

What we need is to get out of this division quick, it doesnt need to be pretty. Get the ball lumped up front to the big man and bully teams with a nasty physical presence. The pigs and Huddersfield did it.

Get out of this league, back to championship by any means necessary and then once were back in the championship where we belong we can think about pretty little triangles

WELL LETS SACK HIM , 3 GAMES ,millions to spend PLENTY OF TIME TO TURN AN AVERAGE SIDE INTO REAL MADRID, USELESS TWAT

All recent managers have been aware of the situation at Sheffield United Football Club, if anything we should expect this from our board! Wilson and Weir made most identical speeches in respect to the outgoing transfer policy off the club, it was made clear we are a selling club, ok it isn't word for word but it goes like "Players may well leave the club if the right bid comes in, any serious offers for players that meet the values we will have to consider"

This for me spells out that in the initial interview the board outlined the fact that they would sell players regardless of how important the player is to the squad and the manager would have to expect this and deal with it.

You have to look at the board! They know full well what we need and they know full well that suitable replacements are required when offloading players but it doesn't happen and instead they opt for loanees who don't do anything!

I wouldn't think any long term United fan to be stupid enough to point the finger of blame at David Weir, will all the limitations placed on Wilson I found it very harsh that United fans came down on him like a ton of bricks considering everything.

Back
Top Bottom