Match worn boots

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Canterbury Blade

Reaction score
I’m sure others have seen the email from the club offering a signed match worn boot for £595..

It may be just me but given recent performances / financial climate does anyone have the will and the cash to splosh £595 on a Norwood/Anel/ Brewster boot? Yep I wore this boot when we conceded 5 in the worst season for almost 50 years you know… yep this is the boot that I’ve never scored with…. Etc

Mind you anything that Brewster has worn in a match is so rare that it could become collectible in a perverse way..

If I’ve missed that the whole £595 goes to charity then fair enough, but if it’s club tin rattling then it shows poor judgement on more than one level.

I’m sure others have seen the email from the club offering a signed match worn boot for £595..

It may be just me but given recent performances / financial climate does anyone have the will and the cash to splosh £595 on a Norwood/Anel/ Brewster boot? Yep I wore this boot when we conceded 5 in the worst season for almost 50 years you know… yep this is the boot that I’ve never scored with…. Etc

Mind you anything that Brewster has worn in a match is so rare that it could become collectible in a perverse way..

If I’ve missed that the whole £595 goes to charity then fair enough, but if it’s club tin rattling then it shows poor judgement on more than one level.
If Norwood reads this he'll be swapping boots after his next game.,

Any discount if you get 2? Will look a right Charlie hobbling about in just one.

I saw this years shirt signed by Billy for summit like £300 in a shop, how would that have happened?

You've got to feel sorry for the guy, as it was his left testicle that Holgate took out. He must have donated the other one after the match.
I bow to your superior testicular knowledge.
Personally, I thought Mitoma would naturally be more of the 'right side, low-hanging' persuasion, being a bit of a snidey, cheating 'wrong un'.
We live and learn.
utb

I remember after the final whistle of the final home match of one of the seasons in the early 90s, during the lap of honour Paul Beesley went over to John St and chucked virtually the whole lot in there.

He then walked off the pitch in just his Y-fronts. Some pervert went home with Bees' sweaty socks that day.

There's no mention of charity, I've only got £9.77 clubcash, postage is an additional £14.99 but purchase would give me an extra £59.50 clubcash.

No thanks!

Can't see who would want these old boots, not as if they're Messi's, just look messy!

When I see some of the crap merch that gets released I always wonder who the fuck buys it, but obviously they must sell most of it.

If there is someone out there that will pay £595 for one of Brewster’s boots, then they are the definition of money more than sense!

We could have had nearly 40,000 of Brewster's boots, at that price, for what we reportedly paid for Brewster 🤔

I remember after the final whistle of the final home match of one of the seasons in the early 90s, during the lap of honour Paul Beesley went over to John St and chucked virtually the whole lot in there.

He then walked off the pitch in just his Y-fronts. Some pervert went home with Bees' sweaty socks that day.
After the season we're having and the likely outcome, any of the current squad who throw their shirts into the crowd at the final home game will probably get them thrown back at them. ;)

'Match worn' boots by Brewster. These may well become the rarest Blades memorabilia of aaaaall time.

'Unused substitute worn boots, running on the pitch to celebrate someone else scoring a goal' Brewster boots,,,,very common indeed.

'Match worn' boots by Brewster. These may well become the rarest Blades memorabilia of aaaaall time.

'Unused substitute worn boots, running on the pitch to celebrate someone else scoring a goal' Brewster boots,,,,very common indeed.
They'll be like brand new!

I'm guessing that this comes from United's new partnership with Meadowhall based "the fan cave" https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2024/january/25/fan-cave-memorabilia/. Whilst I acknowledge that it's probably not the best time to do it, I totally disagree with the notion that it's a stupid thing to do (it's also possible that specific choices are driven by The Fan cave rather than SUFC). Signed memorabilia makes a lot of money, which is why other sports clubs and athletes do exactly the same thing. Why would Sheffield United let local memorabilia stores make all the money from it when we have an unlimited supply of items, access to our players and access to Blades fans that such sites will have to struggle to access or have to pay for?

Something worthy of consideration is mimicking the Sheffield Steelers "shirt off your back" raffle. They sell raffle tickets every game to win the match worn shirts of the players. It makes thousands of pounds every game and gives fans on low incomes a chance to own something like the above. It seems a no brainer to me. You do get the odd competition in the program: I had the good fortune to win Sharp's boots at the end of the Adkins season, and a limited edition ball for the 125 anniversary of the football league.

I'm guessing that this comes from United's new partnership with Meadowhall based "the fan cave" https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2024/january/25/fan-cave-memorabilia/. Whilst I acknowledge that it's probably not the best time to do it, I totally disagree with the notion that it's a stupid thing to do (it's also possible that specific choices are driven by The Fan cave rather than SUFC). Signed memorabilia makes a lot of money, which is why other sports clubs and athletes do exactly the same thing. Why would Sheffield United let local memorabilia stores make all the money from it when we have an unlimited supply of items, access to our players and access to Blades fans that such sites will have to struggle to access or have to pay for?

Something worthy of consideration is mimicking the Sheffield Steelers "shirt off your back" raffle. They sell raffle tickets every game to win the match worn shirts of the players. It makes thousands of pounds every game and gives fans on low incomes a chance to own something like the above. It seems a no brainer to me. You do get the odd competition in the program: I had the good fortune to win Sharp's boots at the end of the Adkins season, and a limited edition ball for the 125 anniversary of the football league.

£600 for a matchworn boot is outrageous.

£600 for a matchworn boot is outrageous.

The "Match Worn" aspect bumps the price up substantially, but given the nature of the matches they've been worn in I think you're probably right. Having said that, you'd think "Fan Cave" would know their business - it's not as if they've just started stocking United gear. I like the displays but they'd be even better if they corresponded with the matches the boots were worn in (this doesn't seem to be specified). If I had the sort of money required to blow on such things that'd be a consideration for me: I'd like to know which match it was worn in and I'd select stuff from memorable/important games.

This gives an idea of what our match worn shirts fetch at auction: https://www.matchwornshirt.com/category/sheffield-united

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom