Mark Duffy, Very Good Co-Commentary

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ned the Donkey

Along for the Ride
Reaction score
Just rewatching the first half from last night on SUTV and Mark Duffy is very good on co-commentary.

For instance, the need for patience and moving the ball side to side against Reading's set up, the likely impact of Reading's set-up on their players - they'll be ok with it till the opposition score but then they might start to question it, and a particular favourite: he enjoyed playing at Reading because it's a big pitch with a good quality surface and the fans don't give you any grief.

Just rewatching the first half from last night on SUTV and Mark Duffy is very good on co-commentary.

For instance, the need for patience and moving the ball side to side against Reading's set up, the likely impact of Reading's set-up on their players - they'll be ok with it till the opposition score but then they might start to question it, and a particular favourite: he enjoyed playing at Reading because it's a big pitch with a good quality surface and the fans don't give you any grief.

Depends if you can get used to his heavy breathing and sniffing.

Thought it might be a one off first time he did co-commentary, but nope apparently not.

Prefer Sarbs myself

10 minutes into the second half: "We need to run in behind, get on the end of pass, and pull the ball back for someone to knock it in."

15 minutes into the second half McBurnie runs in behind, gets on the end of Bogle's pass, and pulls it back for Skilliman to knock it in.

not a very good tipster though he said we would be 3 up at half time 🤔

Obviously this is completely hypothetical but with Duffy in this side we’d be miles clear of Boro and Burnley would be casting a furtive glance over their shoulders at us chasing them down.

Obviously this is completely hypothetical but with Duffy in this side we’d be miles clear of Boro and Burnley would be casting a furtive glance over their shoulders at us chasing them down.
or mcGoldrick ;-)

He made very frequent reference to Reading sitting back then hitting us on the counterattack. At least I think that was what he was saying, he may just have been clearing his throat 🙂

He sounds like a snooker commentator, it was interesting having someone that had played with a lot of the players on the pitch and understood the system properly

Duffy could be the shittest co commentator we've ever had and I'd still insist he was great.
Yes....I'm extremely biased when it comes to my hero Dark Muffy.

Back
Top Bottom