Manager Special: Nigel Clough to still be manager on 2nd May (Final Game of season)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nigel Clough still Blades manager on 02/05/14?

• Yes

Votes: 93 92.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 7.9%

• Total voters

Warnock had 8 years, Bassett had the same.

No worries what clough has or hasn't achieved at previous clubs he is one of a few managers who I think is capable of running a club of our stature from top to bottom.

Bassett took us up in only his 2nd season and I believe for Sheffield United there should be a big difference between treading water/slowly rebuilding in the Championship, as Warnock did, and the third division, as you seem to suggest Clough should be allowed to do.

We don't need a manager to run us from top to bottom, we need a manager to get us playing in the championship again as soon as fucking possible.

When you sit down to have your tea you don't chuck it straight in the bin because there's one wonky carrot, do you?

If you get in your car and the windows are a bit steamed up, do you immediately have it scrapped and get a new one?

If you get in bed and your wife (or indeed significant other person in your life with no bias towards gender or marital status) doesn't immediately throw themselves at you and take you from flop to pop with all the speed and efficiency of a Ferrari pit crew doing a tyre change you don't kill them and bury the body under the patio then order a new on from Thailand, do you?

Have a little patience. Life sometimes throws a wonky carrot or two, a steamy window, or even a blow-job-free evening.

Sacking Clough at this point in the season isn't the same as sacking Weir last season, when it wasn't so much a wonky carrot as a tin of past it's sell by date Tesco Value Dog Meat. Those urging for Clough to be sacked have't got a clue.

Warnock had 8 years, Bassett had the same.

No worries what clough has or hasn't achieved at previous clubs he is one of a few managers who I think is capable of running a club of our stature from top to bottom.
Much different. Give a monkey the job and it should to be able to get United promoted from England's third division within 3 years.

If we aren't flying come Christmas of next season (if we don't go up), then he should definitely get the sack, but with a heavy heart. The board have quite a bit to answer for too.

His record of getting teams promoted was a worry (for me) from the off, though I've grown to really like the man. But much more of giving far too much respect to teams with a fraction of resource will see me crack. We are far too negative, far too often. He should, in no way, be untouchable.

UTB

When you sit down to have your tea you don't chuck it straight in the bin because there's one wonky carrot, do you?

If you get in your car and the windows are a bit steamed up, do you immediately have it scrapped and get a new one?

If you get in bed and your wife (or indeed significant other person in your life with no bias towards gender or marital status) doesn't immediately throw themselves at you and take you from flop to pop with all the speed and efficiency of a Ferrari pit crew doing a tyre change you don't kill them and bury the body under the patio then order a new on from Thailand, do you?

Have a little patience. Life sometimes throws a wonky carrot or two, a steamy window, or even a blow-job-free evening.

Sacking Clough at this point in the season isn't the same as sacking Weir last season, when it wasn't so much a wonky carrot as a tin of past it's sell by date Tesco Value Dog Meat. Those urging for Clough to be sacked have't got a clue.

Completely agree shoreham. Hindsight's a wonderful thing, pity none of us have it, but I recall there being a consensus when Clough was appointed that we stop, once and for all, this nonsense of chopping and changing a manager if things aren't quite right within a matter of games. Weir's circumstance was different and needed to be acted on, so NC was brought in and it was agreed that we give him the time to sort things out and see where that leads. At the moment things aren't disastrous, but neither are they spectacular. I can't see any reason to chop and change just because someone's blood pressure is rising. Clough isn't responsible for our past, but he could be responsible for a positive change in this club's fortunes if we give him the chance.

PS. I meant to add, although the idea of carrots and blowjobs does sound like a recipe for a fun evening, you must tell me your secret for domestic bliss shoreham, 'cos as yet I've still not figured it out.

If we are still mid table league one (or worse) at this stage of next season then we should be questioning him, but at the moment he has my support even though we look like we may fall short of promotion this season.

Next summers transfer window is the last chance saloon if we don't go up this time around.

If we are still mid table league one (or worse) at this stage of next season then we should be questioning him, but at the moment he has my support even though we look like we may fall short of promotion this season.

Next summers transfer window is the last chance saloon if we don't go up this time around.
Bugger that, if we fail this season he has to go. We don't need to sell our best players, money is in the bank ready to invest in the team what more could a manager want or need ???
Well that's what the board would have us believe ;)

10th is a false position 6 have played more , we are 3 points off 3rd , stop getting led up the gartden path by owls fans , goading , theyve only won 1 home game in 6 months
; orient were 15 points clear of 3rd this time last season
to say we are out of it is utter stupidity,

how have we gone backwards , look where we were after 11 games last season

The cream of English football took all game to overcome a defensive Estonia team with 10 men
its not easy some times breaking down teams who put 11 behind the ball

Put your strongest line out from the beginning would be a start.

who can argue he didnt , we dont see them in training or whos carrying knocks
was surprising he took baxter off but it worked

Personally I like NC but there is room for improvement for him and SUFC in 2 areas - transfer market and tactically in matches.

Last edited:
So you didn't predict 130 points this year?

yes in jest the records 105 , 130 be hard for barcelona ,
cant see that going for twenty years minimum , we can go up automatic on 90 this season might be as low as 83 for second, unless theres another weird point spread that only happen when we are involved, we can do exactly what brentford did last season come from 12th after 11 games to claim automatic

who can argue he didnt , we dont see them in training or whos carrying knocks
was surprising he took baxter off but it worked
Cant agree with that BTL his was miles off the pace, his touch was shocking,looking for fouls continuously,

He really looks out of sorts at the moment.

These kind of threads only make us look silly, we all have our fears and there never far from the surface but to be even thinking along these lines this early in the season is absolutely barmy ....

UTB

Back
Top Bottom