Is this the foreign def we're looking at signing?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

here's an article (been translated)

Make sense of it if you can, but it appears he's a bit of an hot head, perhaps due to his affinity with drink maybe?

"Tweedeklasser Tubize on Tuesday defender Jason Vandelanoitte sacked . About the reason for the resignation of the former Bruges player they wanted yesterday at Tubize not lose much , writes The Latest News.

Pure sport we do not complain about Jason , but there are too many things happened off the field not be acceptable , "says sports manager Theo Buelinckx . "Jason was invited to the club on Tuesday and signed a document that it prohibits access to Leburtonstadion . Wednesday he was still in the match , but in future it should not come at Tubize . He will be the next day a registered letter received from the club . "

Drunk on training
About the real reason for dismissal will Buelinckx Vandelanoitte 's not digress . The fact is that no Vandelanoitte impeccable figure . Fleming was the West after the promotion of Tubize to first class compartment hauled to strengthen the defensive . Vandelanoitte played a solid season, but here and there were a number of unsavory stories to light . Thus Vandelanoitte frequently appeared drunk in training , making him a few times by Albert Cartier was put next to the team .

Work for Lawyers
In 2005 Vandelanoitte debuted in first class with Club Brugge . It looked like a football fairy tale , but also blue -black was suspended disciplinary and he went to Turkey . Now his credit in Tubize exhausted. "This is a matter for lawyers . Let us say that Jason has repeatedly come into disrepute . He was well last season and this season several times warned that his behavior was unacceptable . Every time he relapsed into his old habits . Please on , Jason is certainly not a criminal , far from it. Only he behaves outside the field are not always as we expect from a professional . "

According to a Dutch mate of mine its in their press that he had his medical here yesterday, He says he was very promising and an international whose career has gone backwards a bit. Ideal for us then!

"...frequently appeared drunk in training..."

Drunk IN training. Not even hungover, actually pissed. Not bad going.

He'll fit in nicely with the Sheffield culture. Sounds like a bit of a character - something we need at the moment.

Constantly pissed. Dirty. Gone off the rails despite being 23. I love him already.

The only thing I'm confused about is that we were told we had a defender on trial from Charleroi. If you look at his playing record online he's never played for them. He has played for Club Brugge who are a big club over there as well..........

Have we got another Belgian on trial or did someone get their facts wrong????

The only thing I'm confused about is that we were told we had a defender on trial from Charleroi. If you look at his playing record online he's never played for them. He has played for Club Brugge who are a big club over there as well..........

Have we got another Belgian on trial or did someone get their facts wrong????

Who knows. It's quite clear that under Blackwell there's always smoke and mirrors in terms of who we're told we're looking at. Doesn't bother me. If telling blatant porkies to the press and fans even vaguely helps us get who we want then fair do's.

My kind of player :D

I wonder if he can play right back???? Shame Stephen Hunt didnt stay at Hull, I would have enjoyed watching that!

:header:

A left back, alot of problems outside the pitch, not good enough to be a regular in second Belgian division, which is at level conference....my advice....don t do it

A left back, alot of problems outside the pitch, not good enough to be a regular in second Belgian division, which is at level conference....my advice....don t do it

I'll take your word for it. He does seem to have a lot of international experience at youth level though. He must have some ability surely????

Sounds like trouble though.

here's an article (been translated)

I thought it had been written by Beighton... :)

Anyway, if he can play a bit then the rest will have to be down to Blackie and the backroom boys to manage his excesses. People do mature and realise the error of their ways, eventually. Maybe he appreciates this might be his last chance in professional footer and man up a bit. As has been said he might be a bit of colour. I hope he's got broad shoulders. His name is going to run from elbow to elbow...

post from a belgian lad regards this player:

"i saw your topic about jason on google ,
and I want to reply this article .
This team (tubize) didn't payed Jason for 4 or 5 months , everybody know this in belgium.. they have money problems.
he was to expensive and that is the reason that they had to fire him .
if he was so like they say , why he never missed one game , or was suspended by the coach ??
jason never replied on this article because he is taken this team to court and so he can say nothing until it's over .
they used things that has been long time ago , because now he has two children and is a changed man .
and you where speaking about his position .. well he is smal for a centre defender but jumps very high , but he is the best on right back ..
and even as defensife midfielder i saw him putting ballack in his pocket against bayern munich
I just say this because i want you hear to sides of the story ..
and i wish him al the best in your team ,
and for sure you will see people of bruges to come to see your games to support for him and your team if he signed ,

Tom"

And:

"yes he is fast ,and has good crosses ..
and his plus is that he has a very good technique
when he was 14 he start playing for national team up up up until 1st team on the right back .. sometimes in the centre ..
and in the under 23 they had the most solid defence with Jason right, kompany and vermaelen in the centre and pocognoli on the left ..
when he was 18 he played already chapions leauge and was two times man of the match , he also played some uefa cup games ..
but in bruges he played both positions
i think his only problem was that he left to turkey when he was to young ,
he wanted to go to fast to a big team ,he was only 21 then ..
but now they are champion in super leauge in turkey ..
he have already a lot of experience for his age ..
and i think english football is a leauge for him ..
he is solid, agressif, physic and his plus a very good technique"

And posssibly the bad bit:

"no not as confirmed transfer ...
in newspaper they say that there are 3 teams interested from the portugese premier leauge and sheffield invited him for training so he went to sheffield ,because in portugal the trainings only start in 1 week ..

(at the end of the season jason went already to do some training with Leiria in portugal to stay in shape and they say directly he could sign contract but he would like to wait because he is free player now )

and ofcourse i will be a fan of sheffield then , and i am sure there will be more from belgium and specially from bruges because he is still close with the fans of bruges"

I thought it had been written by Beighton... :)

Anyway, if he can play a bit then the rest will have to be down to Blackie and the backroom boys to manage his excesses. People do mature and realise the error of their ways, eventually. Maybe he appreciates this might be his last chance in professional footer and man up a bit. As has been said he might be a bit of colour. I hope he's got broad shoulders. His name is going to run from elbow to elbow...

How do you even pronounce it? I cant imagine you would say it how its spellt. Probably has a french ring to it.

Anyone know how to spell it phonetically?

'V' is pronounced like an 'F' over there I believe, so it's:

Fan del an (and the last bit I haven't a clue)

Sent the lad a message on Facebook the other day, asking if he was Trialing for Sheffield United, and my reply was..

Hoi, Bedankt voor de tijd neemt om mij bericht over mijn beschikbaarheid, Im sorry om te zeggen dat ik niet in staat zal zijn om verdere commentaar geven over welk onderwerp u over sprak.

So yeah, ive noe idea what the fook that means :thumbup:

Sent the lad a message on Facebook the other day, asking if he was Trialing for Sheffield United, and my reply was..

So yeah, ive noe idea what the fook that means :thumbup:

Using a Dutch-to-English translator im told that means - "Hi, Thanks for taking the time to message me about my availability, I'm sorry to say that I will not be able to comment further on any topic you mentioned." - a firm but friendly "Geen commentaar" from him then

The hugely reliable source that is Wikipedia has him down as playing for Sheffield United.
Must be true then!

Messaged him from my own account. Slightly different reply this time.

(kept him sweet in my reply ha)

Attachments

• yes.jpg
    yes.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 41

Back
Top Bottom