I'm fed up with people only blaming the players.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SLB

Reaction score
Players are not geniuses, they do what they are told to do in the main.

For the record I've been a Blade since John Harris and I consider CW to be our best ever.
But for a manager to receive almost all the praise when a side is flying but to then be exempt from blame when the team is dire is so illogical it's ridiculous.

I know where we were a short while ago but if that's the answer to every argument then we should have stayed there. The Idea is to improve. I can accept relegation, God knows we've had enough of them, but I can't accept us being a laughing stock and the buck stops with whoever is in charge. That's why they're held in such high esteem.

They all take the blame players and manager.

Also the back room staff who totally dropped a bollock with the JOC and Moose injuries.

I will blame the British public. No reason to at all but isn't that what everyone is programmed to believe

It all started with the over working of players in lock down. Some of that is with hindsight though.

For the record I've been a Blade since John Harris and I consider CW to be our best ever.
But for a manager to receive almost all the praise when a side is flying but to then be exempt from blame when the team is dire is so illogical it's ridiculous.

I know where we were a short while ago but if that's the answer to every argument then we should have stayed there. The Idea is to improve. I can accept relegation, God knows we've had enough of them, but I can't accept us being a laughing stock and the buck stops with whoever is in charge. That's why they're held in such high esteem.
Fair enough and I'm old enough to remember John Harris - how much money did Harris get to spend. naff all and he took us to the top 1971
Saying that I want Chris to stay

Manager picked a side that none of us would have picked
Manager incapable of motivating them
Manager refusing to change a system which hasn't worked for going on half a season

Manager is as much as fault as the players.

No manager would send his players onto a field to play like that.

There’s a difference between criticism and wanting someone to leave.

CW and the players shoulder the blame for today, but that’s different from saying he should be sacked for it.

A lot of things have gone against us (including players underperforming and strange line up / sub choices) but we are here because of CW and those players.

It’s painful to watch but they’ve earned the right to rectify the errors, even if that’s (likely) in the championship next season.

IMO this season has more than shown we’re simply not good enough for this level yet.

No manager would send his players onto a field to play like that.
Agreed, however his tactics with the available players are causing them to play like that.

We created nothing all game and had no shots on target. We never laid a glove on them, it genuinely felt like a FA cup game and we were their league one opponents.

Jagielka had 20 good minutes in his legs today then looked completely shot. Billy was a lost cause up front and everything came back. They were his team choices.

It’s not like we are making a fist of it or picking up the odd win here and there like Norwich for instance last season.This belts and braces 5 at the back 20 percent possession dross.

Agreed, however his tactics with the available players are causing them to play like that.

We created nothing all game and had no shots on target. We never laid a glove on them, it genuinely felt like a FA cup game and we were their league one opponents.

Jagielka had 20 good minutes in his legs today then looked completely shot. Billy was a lost cause up front and everything came back. They were his team choices.
Billy was not at fault, the entire first half was a lost cause. Billy was given no service and his strike partner was wandering about doing his best to get sent off.

Even those “narrow defeats” aren’t even remotely narrow anymore......just simply embarrassing.

I know where we were a short while ago but if that's the answer to every argument then we should have stayed there. The Idea is to improve. I can accept relegation, God knows we've had enough of them, but I can't accept us being a laughing stock and the buck stops with whoever is in charge. That's why they're held in such high estee
It hasn't been the same since the ownership changed hands that cannot be a coincidence

Who are we going to try next week? Moore, Bogle, Rodwell, Robinson, Lowe, Lundstram, Burke, Norwood, Osborn?After today's performance we may as well.

I absolutely blame both the players AND CW for this mess. The players, for such abysmal performances, like today (midfielders stealing a wage, mistakes galore). The manager, for an awful transfer window right through until today with an awful first 11 (Sharp and McC didnt work once last season, and he brings it back).

It's a collective failure, and blame, just as both the players and CW were collectively responsible last season for success.

Reactions: SLB

Back
Top Bottom