I hate to say it.....BUT

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kev Gee

Reaction score
I cant help but comparing to Bryan Robson.

Lots of supposed talented players coming in & on paper we should be winning matches.

But, we are playing negative football. yes its on the deck, but it isnt going anywere.

Can he turn it around? I hope so & i dont want him sacked.

I would give him till at least Xmas.

We've not got the talented players that we had under Robson. We signed Premier League players and had a side that under a more competent manager should have easily been promoted. Look at the squad now - an average third division side trying to play a game that is beyond them.

Weir may have the makings of a good manager, but you can't expect a brain surgeon to operate with a potato peeler and a lump hammer, and you can't expect Weir to succeed with the tools he has at hand. Strikers who can't score are just the start of our problems - signing players that are "for the future" is another. The future starts now.

Lots of supposed talented players coming in & on paper we should be winning matches.

But, we are playing negative football. yes its on the deck, but it isnt going anywere.

People complained that we were playing negative football last season, but we kept clean sheets.

This season, we play negative football, but despite the same back four, we are conceding for fun, and people want to give it time.

I just want us to show signs of improvement at the very least. We keep trying to persevere with a system that doesn't suit the players. This isn't good enough and it certainly isn't "building something". We're getting worse, not better, and I hate it.

Exactly what I said last week

That will be too late at his rate of progress.

There is now almost a mini league of Blades, County, Brizzol, Carlisle, Coventry, Gillingham. County and Bristol C have a game in hand. Coventry will overtake us. We might be well in the doodoo if we lose at Carlisle next week cos I can't see us getting a thing thereafter v Preston, Wolves, Crawley.

If we are in the same position then, it's out for Weir then, because an incoming manager has to have time to work things through before identifying transfer targets in the Jan window. Or you stick and take the consequences.
Any longer and I would say L2 is a strong possibility.

Weir has got to change the formation or he will be out of a job pretty soon, I hope he turns it round I really do but I just can't see it playing with a lone striker. Some big big decisions needed this weekend from DW.

BTW some of the comments of getting Colin back are truly ridiculous may as well phone dinosaur Dave, a few bad results and the Neanderthals start calling for the Hoofwaffe ................................ Jesus wept.
Time a few thought back to why Colin got us relegated ......................... yeah that's right playing one up front in the away games.

Weir has got to change the formation or he will be out of a job pretty soon, I hope he turns it round I really do but I just can't see it playing with a lone striker. Some big big decisions needed this weekend from DW.

BTW some of the comments of getting Colin back are truly ridiculous may as well phone dinosaur Dave, a few bad results and the Neanderthals start calling for the Hoofwaffe ................................ Jesus wept.
Time a few thought back to why Colin got us relegated ......................... yeah that's right playing one up front in the away games.

I agree with the gist here, but remember we now have 1 up front, home and away, every week, for the duration of the match.

UTB

Yup' and if that isn't bad enough we are playing tippy tappy Robson style.

When was the last time we had a manager who analysed the squad's strengths and weaknesses before deciding on a style of play that would suit us rather than a trainee manager (Speed, Weir) or a MOTD pundit (Robson) telling our players to play "pretty football"?

When was the last time we had a manager who analysed the squad's strengths and weaknesses before deciding on a style of play that would suit us rather than a trainee manager (Speed, Weir) or a MOTD pundit (Robson) telling our players to play "pretty football"?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Wilson showed versatility. When we had players capable of playing nice football, we did it in spades. When said players were sold from under him, he kept us very tight at the back (with the same leaky back four we have now) and had us in the play off positions, still with a shout of automatic, before being sacked and replaced by two retired centre halves with not an ounce of managerial experience between them.

Ridiculous.

Last season. Wilson.

Looking like he was doing a better and better job as every week goes by....

Back
Top Bottom