Hmmm.. That was ok

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It was you know. And we're 8 wins in 10. This is ok. Cheers Hecky!
It wasn’t great, but we won against a decent side.
Apart from one or two flashes where we passed the ball quickly, I thought we were too slow and again some of our passing and control was poor.
However we keep winning and if we can play a little better on Saturday we will be really well placed for the final push.

Apart from one or two flashes where we passed the ball quickly, I thought we were too slow and again some of our passing and control was poor.
However we keep winning and if we can play a little better on Saturday we will be really well placed for the final push.
Agreed

Can't knock the results but it would be nice to see two good halves of football more often. Then again we often did one good, one bad under Wilder.

Thought West Brom went out of the way to spoil and disrupt the flow of the game, before we scored they were taking almost 30 seconds to dry the ball and take each throw in.

We played into their hands for the first part of the second half getting dragged into a scrappy game but ultimately two pieces of quality football won it. Don't think WBA had that in their locker, can see why they don't score/win away anymore. Carroll wins his share but he was really isolated even at 11v11. The keep throwing it down the line until you get within range then launch a throw into the box died with Brett Angell and Stockport over 20 years ago.

We're getting better against ten men, I guess we are getting used to it.

WBA are a very physical team that you have to match or they bully you out of the game the nut case from Barnsley turned them into a nasty hoofball outfit who play for set pieces and long throws to big bastards in the box, shame for them really as they have some decent players. The tackle for the red card was a good example you can't go through the back of players like that it could have easily been a leg breaker. Down to 10 men they got what they deserved. Wes never had a meaningful save to make even when they had 11 on the field, we were solid defensively tonight C3P0 was the right choice over Davies who is weak for a CB

Average first half with some poor passes, second half much better with some really good moments. We defended fairly well all game.

Started poorly but some of our quick football going forward, particularly 2nd half, was quality. A great win, great atmosphere and fantastic run under Hecky.
Agreed, finally playing some sharp short passes around the box. We are starting to look like the team that got promoted to the Prem again. With better finishing we could have scored 5

Totally agree

Great at times. Average in others. Poor in others.

Fortunately the great at times was enough to see us score 2, and they’re wank.

I thought it was a steady, controlled performance, with the odd flash of brilliance, against a horrible side.

When these Neanderthals thumped us at the start of the season, I was confident that if they ditched the loin cloths and tried to play us at football, we'd beat them fairly comfortably, and so it was.

Onwards and upwards and if we win these games in hand, things suddently get really fucking interesting.

20220209_234025.jpg

Had we played the 2 home games called off and won them we would be 5th
20220209_233951.jpg

Not even the most pessimistic blade could say now we could go down 25 points clear of danger with 16 17 games left

Back
Top Bottom