Fannying about.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

TJB.

"What's the biggest room in your house?..."
Reaction score
I completely understand the lack of pre-season and the fact we've not brought any players in yet. Hopefully the sale of Ramsdale (who we really could have done with tonight) will arm us with some funds to play the way that Slav wants us to.

What I find baffling is seeing us do something that clearly isn't working with our current staff, and persisting with it to our detriment. I'm namely talking about playing it out from the back, which is so bloody difficult to watch unless you've got players who can do that properly, which we clearly don't have at the moment.

It was clear to see when we played Brum that this was our plan and it fucked us. Press our defence when we're fannying about and we'll either lose the ball in our third or panic and give up possession. We did it again tonight against a decent side and it was woeful, made worse by some shit defending against a style of play that we knew was coming.

The fannying about at the back is the sort of thing many football fans have ridiculed many teams for. Namely Arsenal, but other sides do it too and we now appear to be one of them. It's painful to watch. One tiny positive to take from tonight is that Verrips at least tried to kick it upfield at times, away from the fannying, but that also resulted in losing the fucking ball.

I'm happy to give Slav plenty of time to get some new blood in and play how he wants to play, but if all our possession %age is borne from giving the keeper 500 touches, we need a competent midfield to pass the ball to and create some chances for our front line. We were particularly dreadful in the middle of the park tonight. That needs to be our priority.

Back
Top Bottom