DP'S Scouting mission to Barcelona part 2

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

davidpinder

Reaction score
Half time came with the local team leading 1-0 and so i checked my phone for messages and was told that we were in advanced talks to sign Marlon King i thought damn i have come all this way and may have found a player that with a bit of advise from our world class coaching staff could be a real hit. Anyway i didn't let that stop me checking out for any other possible stars but unfortunately i came to the conclusion that there attacking full back Alves wasn't in the same league as Westlake or McMahn so i ignored him as well as some other lads from the lcoal side Naymar, Sanchez, Iniesta i just didn't think would cut it. I still could take my eyes off this Messi lad though he had a great touch and on 55 mins grabbed his 2nd of the game, i then started to think maybe he could fit in along side King i knew this meant fans favourite PORTER may have to be sold but i thought Messi was worth the risk. There was also a centre half called Pique that could be good for cover for the rock Maguire and he popped up on 68 mins to score with a header.

SAM_1521.JPG

It was clear now that this local team FC Barcelona were far superior to the lads from Holland and i did begin the wonder if they might be worth asking over for a friendly next summer as i really think they'd give us a game. As the game went one the lad Messi got better and better and he grabbed his third on 75 minutes and the game was over, Messi had been the difference and i headed straight towards the dressing room for a chat with the lad Messi but unfortunately could get past security i left a message saying that i thought my club Sheffield United would be interesting in him but it was clear they wanted to keep hold of him so i do hope that we could do a deal at maybe 250k plus Porter.
SAM_1533.JPG

All in all i enjoyed the experience and the crowd was surprisingly slightly bigger than ours at 79,000. Ajax had little to offer but did miss a penalty that would have only been a consolation goal for them, i didn't really scout there side as there would be no chance that any of there players could make the huge step up to league 1.

That tall, jaundiced looking lad waving at the crowd looks like he might do a job. We need a few big uns in the squad. Surprised Moans hasn't snapped him up for the pigs already, what with them having exclusive rights on any player over 6 foot and a gassy. Having said that, he looks a bit flimsy though - it's not McDonald is it...?

Back
Top Bottom