Do We Have a New First-Team Psychologist?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HolmesfieldBlade

Reaction score
1631536987322.png

Sheffield United is printing motivational posters from famous psychologists for each first-team player in the home dressing room.

Interestingly, Slaviša Jokanović said after the game that the team 'now believes they can win games.'. Last season will have taken its toll mentally and after the poor start, I wonder if someone was brought in behind the scenes to help a team just relegated from the Premier League, with one of the worst points records in PL history.

Either way, whatever the preparation was for Saturday, seems to have bear fruit as Blades smashed Posh 6-2.

Let's hope this form continues and the 'roster', as Prince Abdullah would say... has turned a corner both technically (with new additions) and mentally.

Contrast from Wilder who said:

“... I’m not bothered in psychologists, do-gooders and lefties”

Last edited:
Yes - I thought the first thing Wilder did was throw out the Atkins motivational posters and replace them with a slogan - “win tackles, win battles, score goals”. Anyone able to confirm that’s true?

This is just asking for trouble. Here's a motivational statement for Norwood: "put the corner in the Blades happy place."

Yes - I thought the first thing Wilder did was throw out the Atkins motivational posters and replace them with a slogan - “win tackles, win battles, score goals”. Anyone able to confirm that’s true?
That's what I heard too

Contrast from Wilder who said he didn't care what 'do-gooders and leftists' say.
And yet we put pink paper on the walls after norwich…

Under Wilder we did a number of things that were designed to make the players “feel at home” even at away games, from putting pictures on the wall and floor with the blades stuff

Under Wilder we did a number of things that were designed to make the players “feel at home” even at away games, from putting pictures on the wall and floor with the blades stuff

Norwich painted their away dressing room pink and we put newspapers over it. Hence the bit in the chant "He put the paper on the wall."

Norwich painted their away dressing room pink and we put newspapers over it. Hence the bit in the chant "He put the paper on the wall."
Couldn’t remember exactly what it was… but we clearly believed that there was something in it…

If they really wanted to mess with our heads they should have given it the full Pride spectrum.

I think sometimes we seemed to be preoccupied with appearing tough and old school when some of the stuff we did was quite innovative

According to this D Mail article today it says Wilder’s slogan on the walls was “outrun, outfight, outplay”

Sounds good to me… but perhaps CW should have added ‘outscore’ - that would have come in useful last year…

According to this D Mail article today it says Wilder’s slogan on the walls was “outrun, outfight, outplay”

Sounds good to me… but perhaps CW should have added ‘outscore’ - that would have come in useful last year…

I think scoring would have been quite something last season, let alone outscoring!

Back
Top Bottom