Derby County 2007/08 - 7 records nobody wants

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Derby in 2007/08 set 7 records

1. Just 1 win
2. Lowest points - 11
3. Most defeats - 29
4. Fewest goals - 20
5. Most goals conceded in a 38 game season -89
6. Longest run without a win - 32
7 Earliest relegation - 29th March. I believe there has only been one other March relgation.

We've now had 3 wins and can't get a 32 game winless streak so that is 2 of the 7 done with.

We've got 11 points so only need a draw in last 16 games. We've scored 14 goals so need to score 7 more in 16 games. Both these should be achieved

Also I can't see us conceding 89 goals as we've only conceded 35 so far. Means we would have to concede 54 in 16 games.

We've lost 17 so need to avoid defeat 5 more games. Based on season overall this could be close but on current form shouldn't be a problem.

The relegation date is irrelevant as a record as the season started late plus depends on form of the 4th worst side.

My view for what its worth is that we aren't going to break any records as the worst top flight side in history.

Always going to be the benchmark for the worst start to a season in history though, whatever happens.

Always going to be the benchmark for the worst start to a season in history though, whatever happens.
It’s not how you start it’s how you finish.

And the only record anyone knows or cares about is the 11 points and we should beat that comfortably now (although I must confess I wasn’t confident 5 games ago).

1. Just 1 win
2. Lowest points - 11
3. Most defeats - 29
4. Fewest goals - 20
5. Most goals conceded in a 38 game season -89
6. Longest run without a win - 32
7 Earliest relegation - 29th March. I believe there has only been one other March relgation.

We've now had 3 wins and can't get a 32 game winless streak so that is 2 of the 7 done with.

We've got 11 points so only need a draw in last 16 games. We've scored 14 goals so need to score 7 more in 16 games. Both these should be achieved

Also I can't see us conceding 89 goals as we've only conceded 35 so far. Means we would have to concede 54 in 16 games.

We've lost 17 so need to avoid defeat 5 more games. Based on season overall this could be close but on current form shouldn't be a problem.

The relegation date is irrelevant as a record as the season started late plus depends on form of the 4th worst side.

My view for what its worth is that we aren't going to break any records as the worst top flight side in history.
Phew, I'm glad that's settled then.

It’s not how you start it’s how you finish.

And the only record anyone knows or cares about is the 11 points and we should beat that comfortably now (although I must confess I wasn’t confident 5 games ago).

This is objectively nonsense if your start is so fucking bad that it doesn’t matter how good your finish is.

3. Most defeats - 29

No need to make it more exciting than it already is.

We need to lose 12 out of 16 to equal that record which sounds a lot more unachievable

Derby were catastrophically bad. Huddersfield were the other March relegation and we've already won as many as they did in that season too.

We probably need to win at least 6 of the next 16 and squeeze out some draws to be in with a shout but if Brighton keep winning and Burnley turn up to Anfield and get a result, we'll be on a hiding to nothing whatever we get.

Keeping a clean sheet would be a massive step in the right direction, not to sound too Nigel Clough about it but there are some games where starting with 1 and finishing with 1 would be a bloody good result

This is objectively nonsense if your start is so fucking bad that it doesn’t matter how good your finish is.
That would work if we didn't have a season following this one.
Going into the next season having finished on 11 points and off a run of 14 straight defeats, no goals etc etc would have an impact.

Lost 17 so far. 16 games left. Avoid defeat in 5 of those and we'd lose 11. 17+11=28 or one fewer than Derby.
We need to avoid defeat 11 times in the next 16 not five, don’t we? I’m confused.

We need to avoid defeat 11 times in the next 16 not five, don’t we? I’m confused.
If we avoid defeat (win or draw) in five more games we can't get the record for number of defeats.

What about draws?
The comment was about losing fewer games than Derby did in 2007/08. They lost 29 so we need to lose 28 or fewer. We've lost 17 so far so we will better that record if we lose a maximum of 11 games between now and the end of the season. There are 16 games left so to lose a maximum of 11 games we need to not lose a minimum of 5 games.

Draws are.immaterial.

If we avoid defeat (win or draw) in five more games we can't get the record for number of defeats.
The comment was about losing fewer games than Derby did in 2007/08. They lost 29 so we need to lose 28 or fewer. We've lost 17 so far so we will better that record if we lose a maximum of 11 games between now and the end of the season. There are 16 games left so to lose a maximum of 11 games we need to not lose a minimum of 5 games.

Draws are.immaterial.
Now I understand.
Next thing on the agenda - how do I delete my posts?

Draws are.immaterial.
Not sure that the correct terminology is...." better that record...".. It seems to me a statistic we do not want to be anywhere near.!

In context, Derby County were made use of like a new boy in a borstal potting shed. It's summat they've been sobbing into a pillow about and ringing the buzzer ever since.

I'd like to think we've got more pairs of pants on.

pommpey

Got quite a bit of my Mum and Dad's old vinyl in the loft. Most of the sleeves are tatty now.

Some right shit like Jim Reeves and Paul Anka, not to mention loads I've never heard of from the 50s and 60s.

Back
Top Bottom