Deadline Day

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
It has been said that the new money was announced one day later than the deadline because otherwise any transfer fee before then would have been pushed up by the selling club. In retrospect wouldn't it have been better to pay a bit more to get a really good experienced striker?

Incidentally, my Donny Rovers supporting friend has great things to say about "the lad from ManU Macheda -a real striker", who made space for himself when scoring each of his two goals against Forest yesterday. Couldn't we have tried to get him on loan; or have we now sunk so low that no PL manager would want to send any of his promising young strikers to Bramall Lane?

It has been said that the new money was announced one day later than the deadline because otherwise any transfer fee before then would have been pushed up by the selling club. In retrospect wouldn't it have been better to pay a bit more to get a really good experienced striker?

Incidentally, my Donny Rovers supporting friend has great things to say about "the lad from ManU Macheda -a real striker", who made space for himself when scoring each of his two goals against Forest yesterday. Couldn't we have tried to get him on loan; or have we now sunk so low that no PL manager would want to send any of his promising young strikers to Bramall Lane?

No the error now is probably not getting the investment in place before employing a manager. I suspect some pulled out because of the state of the finances.

King wasn't the problem yesterday. No service was the problem

I've seen King run the channels and knock defenders about far better than that in his time, whether yesterday's performance was due to rustiness or a general decline in his play remains to be seen. If it's the latter then I agree Alco, Big Trouble.

Back
Top Bottom