Congratulations to both sides

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Micalijo

DELETED USER
Reaction score
on a fantastic, open, attacking display of football. Truly end to end for large periods.

Really enjoyed it.

I know we should have had a pen and know we let a 2 goal lead slip but Crewe were excellent in my opinion, deserved a point and showed what can be done football wise on a shoestring budget.

yes you dont mind a draw if you are royally entertained
on the positive side 7 goals in 2 home games looks like weve cured one problem , pity the defence sprung a leak , but fair play to Crewe

Bullshit, McCabe in. Ooooh sorry, just read it. I agree.let's be fair, when Long came rising out and got beat, they could have sown it up. Draw was fair enough, they had pace and looked quite slick.we also played well and Blackman was excellent on the wing with some deadly Crosses.

me too. id rather a cracking game and a win, than a boring 1-0.

but id much rather have the dullest match ever and win 1-0, then draw 7-7 in the most dramatic game in the history of the world. 2 pts dropped = a bad day. sorry to be grumpy, but thats the reality of it really. come may if we miss out by 2 points, whos going to be saying "yeah but it was a good game that crewe one"

me too. id rather a cracking game and a win, than a boring 1-0.

but id much rather have the dullest match ever and win 1-0, then draw 7-7 in the most dramatic game in the history of the world. 2 pts dropped = a bad day. sorry to be grumpy, but thats the reality of it really. come may if we miss out by 2 points, whos going to be saying "yeah but it was a good game that crewe one"
you are one of those idiots that were booing at the end weren't you?

why on earth would i boo? of course i didnt feckin boo.

we tried to win, ive no complaint with that. i only boo if we dont actually put in any effort. with is pretty rare. but im not going to be singing and dancing in the street over a point at home to crewe!

I mean, it's not like dropped points cost us much last season, is it?

pommpey

do you think the players would be sat in the dressing room after the match thinking yeah that was a good game? i doubt it. theyll probably be thinking bugger, we should have won that. lots of positives from these last 2 games. it was never going to be an easy win, i know that. and im not all gloomy we didnt win. we played pretty well, cept for some dodgy defending. but anybody who would rather take a 3-3 draw than a boring 1-0 win is a bit loopy.

You have to give Crewe a lot of credit. It was only the last few minutes that they started to waste time and up until then, wanted to win the game and could have done! Very entertaining stuff, it would have been a travesty if we'd taken all three points, but at 2-0 up I just wish we could have defended till half time and regrouped! Nice to see a team come, play football and not put nine men behind the ball.

A very good game of attacking football credit to Crewe at 2-0 down they kept at it.
Would rather see an attacking open game of football than the total and utter negative shite that was served up at MK Dons just over 10 days ago

Just to remind some, we also dropped many points playing tight and defensive. We weren't winning every game.

Good game yesterday, really enjoyed it. Two good footballing teams and give me entertainment like that every week!

Great OP mic. Totally agree, good game of football with both sides trying to win. United should have driven home the advantage at 2-0 but Crewe showed some character. They got amongst us and played some decent stuff when they were in possession. At 2-0 I expected them to fold but they had a go so fair play to them.

If the same situation was presented against most other teams in this league we would have gone on to win comfortably.

really enjoyed the match.. ok we didn't win but fair play to Crewe.. they are the best side we've played in a year and a half .. we also showed a bit of charachter ourselves coming back from 3-2 down.. i actually came out of that game feeling better than the 1-0 'victory' against 10 man walsall.. mainly because the long term prospects for our team look much better than they did then

Micalijo rather than have my own opinion, I decided some days ago to allign my thoughts with yours. I thought "theres a chap that speaks sense, he must do, he's said it enough". Its logical.

So there I was ready to wallow in the delight at seeing us draw at home to Crewe after being 2-0 up at home. I thought I can use the 'Bury and dripping' analogy as a comparison of how low we've sunk. I was even ready to blame Blackwell for not getting us playing football sooner and thus being more proficient in the passing game.

But this thread has just confused me. Entertainment v results? Enjoying a game?

Now I don't know how I can possibly link this feeling to how McCabe has ruined my club with his evil property dealings. I thought at least the shoestring budget part could be linked with McCabe and between us we could turn an entertaining game into an all out attack on the the most evil dictator the world has ever known.

But No. I feel used now. I feel betrayed, like you haven't remained true to your campaign.

I don't know where to turn now.

We were excellent (at times) going forward but shocking & suicidal in defence. We gave Crewe far too much space - unlike Stevenage who we closed down really well. Crewe looked good going forward but I think we contributed to that - they are bottom half after all.

I'd rather win 10-0 every match - but I'd rather win 1-0 than draw 3-3.

UTB

We were excellent (at times) going forward but shocking & suicidal in defence. We gave Crewe far too much space - unlike Stevenage who we closed down really well. Crewe looked good going forward but I think we contributed to that - they are bottom half after all.

I'd rather win 10-0 every match - but I'd rather win 1-0 than draw 3-3.

UTB
there's a bit more to it than that Deano.. thing is if you bore someone to death and win 1 nil against ten men (walsall) then although you won that game the longer term prospects don't look good.. if you draw 3-3 and make loads of chances and play very well at times then it looks a bit better for the overall picture.. there are no other teams in this division that play like Crewe and can exploit space like that as most can't string five passes together. we are the only other team that play in that manner.. might be a wake up call for next season though if we go up

Stevenage played 4-5-1 and started with their target man and playmaker on the bench.

Presumably Crewe noticed this and decided it wasn't the best strategy.

Disappointed but fair play to Crewe. Best side I've seen at the Lane in the last 2 seasons. That Pogba and the little blonde spikey haired kid looked more than useful. Can't help but feeling that we more than contributed to our own downfall though.

Note to George; Incoming balls around waist/chest height should be caught and clutched tight to the body with both hands NOT punched or palmed away, as you will never get the height needed to clear your own defenders. I should know, I've cocked up plenty of times like that playing in goal...

Note to George; Incoming balls around waist/chest height should be caught and clutched tight to the body with both hands NOT punched or palmed away, as you will never get the height needed to clear your own defenders. I should know, I've cocked up plenty of times like that playing in goal...
I wouldn't put most of the blame on George... Wasn't it Flynn with a stupid high challenge that gave the free-kick away?

Disappointed but fair play to Crewe. Best side I've seen at the Lane in the last 2 seasons. That Pogba and the little blonde spikey haired kid looked more than useful. Can't help but feeling that we more than contributed to our own downfall though.

Or, if in doubt let your defenders deal with it.

I think these dropped points will be very costly and I fear we'll go the same way as last season, tripped up by all the leads we've squandered. But damn if I wasn't entertained last night. Brilliant game and I'm revving to get to the next one.

I think these dropped points will be very costly and I fear we'll go the same way as last season, tripped up by all the leads we've squandered. But damn if I wasn't entertained last night. Brilliant game and I'm revving to get to the next one.

We do seem to be throwing away a few too many points at home with these damn draws. Trying to convince myself with the adage "if you don't win, make sure you don't lose" but can't help thinking this will come back to bite us on the arse.

Back
Top Bottom