Cardiff 2 United 3 - report

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I kid you not Deadbat, that as the players were taking and giving applause at the end of the game that Deacon Blue’s timeless classic ‘Dignity’ was blaring over the PA. Now what are the chances of that happening! How about a review of the concert and a 1 to 10 rating in General Chat too.

Good report as usual and about as I saw it.
Hourihane, although not great, seems more consistent than Fleck and deserves to stay in the side.
Davies continues to struggle and I wouldn't be against sending him back, if we could replace with a big, aggressive defender.
Next 2 games will be interesting.
With you on that. Not keen on Hourihane, but played better Saturday. That said he seemed to nesh out of at least one tackle, to avoid injury. Not wanting him to do owt stupid but he’s in a profession which involves contact. Davies doesn’t seem to have much presence compared to his team mates..

I kid you not Deadbat, that as the players were taking and giving applause at the end of the game that Deacon Blue’s timeless classic ‘Dignity’ was blaring over the PA. Now what are the chances of that happening! How about a review of the concert and a 1 to 10 rating in General Chat too.
That Men of Harlech felt a bit lame ie. the home crowd didn’t join in.

Wholeheartedly agree we need a taller, tougher centre back to replace Davies and there surely must be one available at much less than megabucks so hopefully we'll bring one in the JTW. Meanwhile our shorter defenders might care to take a look at old footage of Tony Kenworthy to see the heights he managed to rise to.
We don't; we need a taller, tougher centre half to replace Egan* if we're going to play 3 at the back. Davies and Basham in the wide centre back positions are good options for the second tier but Egan isn't assertive enough to let us get the best from either of them.

*I'm very aware that this will probably be an unpopular option.

We don't; we need a taller, tougher centre half to replace Egan* if we're going to play 3 at the back. Davies and Basham in the wide centre back positions are good options for the second tier but Egan isn't assertive enough to let us get the best from either of them.

I see your point but Davis is easier to replace as he’s not under contract.

Given the circumstances your preference isn't practical - Davies isn't our player and I doubt very much he ever will be.

Egan has needed upgrading for a couple of years, but the absence of O’Connell coupled with Championship teams being a bit more aerial means that his (and/or our back three’s) weaknesses are really showing now.

Unfortunately, good big bastards are hard to come by, so unless Davies gets recalled I think we will be sticking with what we’ve got until at least the summer.

Back
Top Bottom