Brayford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

crucialkneeligaman

Reaction score
We have in reality two players with any class, Billy and John Brayford. Whilst the former continues to run his blood to water for us, Brayford seems to have set his standards by the rest of the no hopers making up the first team. Is he sulking 'cos his mentor has moved on ?. Whilst his attacking abilities are not in doubt, his defending has been no better than Collins or Jay Mac, who are regularly given stick. Time to get your finger out John and perform like you did when we first took you on.

We have in reality two players with any class, Billy and John Brayford. Whilst the former continues to run his blood to water for us, Brayford seems to have set his standards by the rest of the no hopers making up the first team. Is he sulking 'cos his mentor has moved on ?. Whilst his attacking abilities are not in doubt, his defending has been no better than Collins or Jay Mac, who are regularly given stick. Time to get your finger out John and perform like you did when we first took you on.

JB answer to that . Well get some fucker in front and at the side of me who will help and stop making me look like I don't care and a useless twat.

UTB

He must've wondered what happened, one minute he was playing in a play off 1st leg v Swindon, then next thing he comes back he's playing for the shittest blades side for at least a generation.

JB answer to that . Well get some fucker in front and at the side of me who will help and stop making me look like I don't care and a useless twat.

UTB
Forwards reply to JB......
we were up front waiting for you, you kept going sideways then backwards, it was too far too run back for the ball

UTB

Absolutely, and whilst that's not an excuse, it makes a massive difference to any full back. It's no coincidence he's looked better when Coutts was briefly looking like a player and Flynny was in form previously, not to mention the fact the whole team are lacking in confidence.

Stats wise we've been better defensively with him in the team although that's coincided with Adkins going defensive. Unfortunately, 'The Beard' icon has taken over the player and seemingly just as important.

He'll be off to Burton in the Summer anyway :(

He must've wondered what happened, one minute he was playing in a play off 1st leg v Swindon, then next thing he comes back he's playing for the shittest blades side for at least a generation.

Of which he is contributing Swiss, if we are ever going to turn it around we need players like him on top form, at the moment his form has dipped sadly.

Barring his initial 20 game loan spell he just hasn't been very good. I think it's partly down to the pressure put upon him to help drive us to success which came from the co-chairman down. Because every team looking for someone to drive them to promotion looks at a full back.

Partly due to the quality of the players around him being significantly poorer than his last loan spell.

Partly because he hasn't had a consistent winger in front of him.

Partly because Clough has gone.

Partly because he isn't as good as everyone thought during that loan spell.

Absolutely, and whilst that's not an excuse, it makes a massive difference to any full back. It's no coincidence he's looked better when Coutts was briefly looking like a player and Flynny was in form previously, not to mention the fact the whole team are lacking in confidence.

Stats wise we've been better defensively with him in the team although that's coincided with Adkins going defensive. Unfortunately, 'The Beard' icon has taken over the player and seemingly just as important.

He'll be off to Burton in the Summer anyway :(

Good points Jim.

With the cost saving excercise , cutting our cloth etc with moving players on JB could be on the unofficial list which knowing us , it will be a cut down bargain price , to help balance the books debt wise. If Burton go up , that seems the logical club who will be in for him.

Whatever age us fans are we need a icon , hero at the club , which the beard is.

That's the reason I give ( and perhaps many others ) , Keith Edwards so much slack , even when he moans , because to me he is still a hero and says it how it is. Brayford when I have had a chat with him is in the same hero , iconic mould but very humble ,

Hope Brayford does stop and we build a young vibrant to be proud of team around him , Billy and it looks like Hammond also.

UTB

On the other hand it may just be that he's only recently come back from a career threatening injury and will take time to regain his confidence, fitness and form?

Of which he is contributing Swiss, if we are ever going to turn it around we need players like him on top form, at the moment his form has dipped sadly.
I agree. He's a player that needs to enjoy his football, if there is a side around him that shit, he's clearly going to struggle to get motivated... Especially if there is a bad atmosphere in the club...

Good points Jim.

With the cost saving excercise , cutting our cloth etc with moving players on JB could be on the unofficial list which knowing us , it will be a cut down bargain price , to help balance the books debt wise. If Burton go up , that seems the logical club who will be in for him.

Whatever age us fans are we need a icon , hero at the club , which the beard is.

That's the reason I give ( and perhaps many others ) , Keith Edwards so much slack , even when he moans , because to me he is still a hero and says it how it is. Brayford when I have had a chat with him is in the same hero , iconic mould but very humble ,

Hope Brayford does stop and we build a young vibrant to be proud of team around him , Billy and it looks like Hammond also.

UTB

Not knocking the hero / icon status I just think it becomes more important and you know for a fact that if he shaved it off, bizarrely he wouldn't get as much support from the fans !

Yep, I think Hammond will be the centre of it all next season (presuming Adkins remains). I haven't totally given up on him, I think he would look a different player with the right types around him (movement and pace). Wouldn't surprise me if Basham was shifted on either as he'll be on a decent whack and as we've seen, him and Hammond in the same team doesn't seem to work, certainly in midfield.

Barring his initial 20 game loan spell he just hasn't been very good. I think it's partly down to the pressure put upon him to help drive us to success which came from the co-chairman down. Because every team looking for someone to drive them to promotion looks at a full back.

Partly due to the quality of the players around him being significantly poorer than his last loan spell.

Partly because he hasn't had a consistent winger in front of him.

Partly because Clough has gone.

Partly because he isn't as good as everyone thought during that loan spell.

The pressure was on him when JP said we have not signed a full back we have signed John Brayford. The bloke IMO can take and deal with pressure , and has been out of the game with a career threatening injury, which sometimes it's easy to forget with everything going on at the lane.

He is a good player and a integral part of the future with Billy . Thing is JB is not a Adkins man but a Clough man , which plays a part in the political dynamics in moving this club forward . He ain't a 25 goal a season man , or a CH John Stones / John Terry type so no idea what is net worth is , but will have gone down not up.

Would love him to stop at the lane as we need players who the fans can relate to both on the pitch and in the community.

UTB

Regardless of who's been playing (or not playing) in front of him, he's made so many basic defensive errors and seems much sloppier on the ball than he was before. And he's showing no signs of improving. If we could get anything for him we should sell him but I don't think we'll be able to now.

Back
Top Bottom