Blackpool Away Pubs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

lk_1966

Reaction score
Been a long time since Ive been to Bloomfield Road. Any recommendations for away pubs where everyone is meeting for a drink pre-match.

Been a long time since Ive been to Bloomfield Road. Any recommendations for away pubs where everyone is meeting for a drink pre-match.
I went to Blackpool away last season. Bumped into quite a few blades in Cask and Tap micropub. They do some cracking beers if your into your ales. If your a lager person, probs not for you.

The Castle.

I went to Blackpool away last season. Bumped into quite a few blades in Cask and Tap micropub. They do some cracking beers if your into your ales. If your a lager person, probs not for you.
Well if that establishment is full of CBF types "informing" people, then I think i'd turn to lager and find the nearest dirty spoons.

There's one near the pier with a cracking view, eh The One, Linz?

🤮

When visiting family or going to away games, we go in The Bridge, Lytham Rd. A good/local/friendly pub, 10 min walk from the ground and away fans welcome.

We’re heading over later today to drive through the lights, didn’t fancy it tomorrow with 3000 Blades in town….

Well if that establishment is full of CBF types "informing" people, then I think i'd turn to lager and find the nearest dirty spoons.
Just to keep you in the loop, a good number of the Carrier Bag Firm "tick" Wetherspoons, attempting to visit as many as possible.

"The Bridge is a family-friendly, fun pub located in the heart of Blackpool. With Blackpool FC just around the corner, the Bridge is perfectly placed to welcome away football fans and prides itself on being the Official Away Fans pub.

The pub is a ten-minute walk from Blackpool South Train Station and a 3-minute walk to the stadium. The Bridge also encourages away fan coach drop offs directly outside the pub. It has a large selection of draught and bottled beer as well as spirits, cocktails and wines."

Just to keep you in the loop, a good number of the Carrier Bag Firm "tick" Wetherspoons, attempting to visit as many as possible.
I bet they got that Wetherspoons Carpets book for Christmas as well. My pig father in law’s 2 threads of conversation are “how many Wetherspoons they’ve been to” or “how many pig games he’s been to concurrently”. I don’t know the answer to either because I switch off when he talks.

Tomorrow night could be “interesting” if the weather is the same as it was in Blackpool tonight. The rain had cleared but it was blowing an absolute gale - let’s hope that the wind drops overnight.

On the plus side, they had lit the tower up in our honour…

26507DEE-4F86-4E77-B4FF-D2F35DFCA92C.jpeg

Tomorrow night could be “interesting” if the weather is the same as it was in Blackpool tonight. The rain had cleared but it was blowing an absolute gale - let’s hope that the wind drops overnight.

On the plus side, they had lit the tower up in our honour…

View attachment 150104
How long did you wait for it to change to those colours?

I bet they got that Wetherspoons Carpets book for Christmas as well. My pig father in law’s 2 threads of conversation are “how many Wetherspoons they’ve been to” or “how many pig games he’s been to concurrently”. I don’t know the answer to either because I switch off when he talks.
The trick of course is to collect a printed menu from each 'spoons visited. Those can then be slipped into plastic wallets & clipped into the folders.

Different marketing strategies over the years (Steak Tuesday, etc) have meant there's a very wide variety of menus & associated paperwork for collectors.

In my experience, the "carpet thing" is of little interest to the Sheffield United 'spoons Tickers.

The trick of course is to collect a printed menu from each 'spoons visited. Those can then be slipped into plastic wallets & clipped into the folders.

Different marketing strategies over the years (Steak Tuesday, etc) have meant there's a very wide variety of menus & associated paperwork for collectors.

In my experience, the "carpet thing" is of little interest to the Sheffield United 'spoons Tickers.
In my experience the carpets in Wetherspoons are normally unrecognisable anyway so they may as well just put the same in them all!

In my experience the carpets in Wetherspoons are normally unrecognisable anyway so they may as well just put the same in them all!
Went to a spoons today but didn't pay, I'll be visiting again tomorrow. It's bad init really. So is there any changes on its way?

Back
Top Bottom