Bid Accepted

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

beightonblade

On yer bike !
Reaction score
According to Sky Sports the Blades bid for Earnshaw has been accepted.

Thread moved to Rumour Mill for now, whilst Sky are usually fairly good, we'll wait and see :D

Also see Earnshaw thread in this very forum :)

Forest have also had a bid accepted.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_3559050,00.html

Nottingham Forest and Sheff Utd have made bids for Rob Earnshaw.

Derby revealed over the weekend that they had accepted a bid for Earnshaw from a mystery club, believed to be Forest.

Now Sheffield United are believed to have joined the chase for the Welsh international and Derby are thought to be exploring the option of doing a swap deal with the Yorkshire club for Earnshaw

Earnshaw endured a disappointing time at Derby after arriving from Norwich last summer and Rams boss Paul Jewell is willing to let him move on.

The 27-year-old scored just one Premier League goal in 24 appearances in Derby's doomed campaign, but that has not put off Forest and Sheffield United.

Both clubs are believed to have had their bids accepted by Derby and they will now battle it out to sign Earnshaw

'our terry' might have swapped BT and Billy for him ?:rolleyes:

'our terry' might have swapped BT and Billy for him ?:rolleyes:

I will be very disappointed if we spend a substantial amount of money on a centre forward yet again when we already have the strikers to win this league twice over.

The only way i would be happy with this signing would be if Danny Webber, Luton Shelton and Rob Hulse were moved on because otherwise it makes absolutely no sense.

I rate Earnshaw and he knows where the back of the net is at this level but there are far more pressing issues to deal with.

I hope this proves to be speculation and no more.

to be honest, if this were to happen, i'd imagine Hulse will be going the other way.

I can see it being a swap deal for Hulse.

Hulse needs a fresh start after the injury I guess but Id rather keep him and look for a few midfielders and defenders.

I can see it being a swap deal for Hulse.

Hulse needs a fresh start after the injury I guess but Id rather keep him and look for a few midfielders and defenders.

I'm with you on that one. I would rather keep Hulse, he just needs a good pre-season under his belt then he'll be banging them in again :)

the only reason he hasnt scored loads for Derby is becuase he had no decent service, plus i would imagine morale would be low at Derby, with good service from Cotteril (if we sign him) he could get back to scoring loads :)

I'm with you on that one. I would rather keep Hulse, he just needs a good pre-season under his belt then he'll be banging them in again :)

Im one for giving players abit of a chance to get themselves back

But seriously he did play a fair number of games to get back in the stride of things, i doubt a pre season would make much difference!

the only reason he hasnt scored loads for Derby is becuase he had no decent service, plus i would imagine morale would be low at Derby, with good service from Cotteril (if we sign him) he could get back to scoring loads :)

Sorry, but that is absolute balls. Yes, the service has been bad - no denying that - but he's been lazy, disinterested and unfit every time he's played.

Well this is what we said about Jon Stead when we got him from Sunderland, wasn't it? I'd be sad to see Hulse go though, and it would almost certainly be him who would make way in my opinion.

Sorry, but that is absolute balls. Yes, the service has been bad - no denying that - but he's been lazy, disinterested and unfit every time he's played.

That'll be the whole of the Derby squad then. Let's face it, nobody was ever going to shine amongst that lot.

I will be very disappointed if we spend a substantial amount of money on a centre forward yet again when we already have the strikers to win this league twice over.

The only way i would be happy with this signing would be if Danny Webber, Luton Shelton and Rob Hulse were moved on because otherwise it makes absolutely no sense.

I rate Earnshaw and he knows where the back of the net is at this level but there are far more pressing issues to deal with.

I hope this proves to be speculation and no more.

Apart from Hulse, the above quote is spot on.....

Calm down........... Forest £2.5million.......SUFC monitoring the situation.;)

Im one for giving players abit of a chance to get themselves back

But seriously he did play a fair number of games to get back in the stride of things, i doubt a pre season would make much difference!

it was a bust leg, hes not going to come galloping in and start banging them in.

Blackwell said he wasnt fully fit, so after preseason he might have gained full fitness back and score then.

it was a bust leg, hes not going to come galloping in and start banging them in.

Blackwell said he wasnt fully fit, so after preseason he might have gained full fitness back and score then.

How long ago was he injured? And with matches to get right? I don't think Hulse is poor, far from it, but as sad as I'd be to see him go, it might be well for us all.

That'll be the whole of the Derby squad then. Let's face it, nobody was ever going to shine amongst that lot.

That's not true either. Jay McEveley and Tyrone Mears have tried as hard as they could, but they couldn't carry the team on their own (when they've not been injured, that is).

How long ago was he injured? And with matches to get right? I don't think Hulse is poor, far from it, but as sad as I'd be to see him go, it might be well for us all.

Blackwell even said he needs more time to get back to his full fitness. I know it was a while ago now since he came back from injury but it takes a while to return completely to full fitness.

broken bones dont heal up in a click of the finger and then hes magically back to full fitness running about on it like nothing happened. Its not only his physical fitness but his mental fitness he needs to get back.

broken bones dont heal up in a click of the finger and then hes magically back to full fitness running about on it like nothing happened. Its not only his physical fitness but his mental fitness he needs to get back.

Oh aye, I agree, and it could be said that he was rushed back too. Don't get me wrong, I like Hulse.

In relation to the Earnshaw 'Transfer' we got called Highwaymen (or something similar) on Radio 4 this morning for the way we seem to Hijack other peoples transfers! :D

Back
Top Bottom