"Bettis Out" chants

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Divergent144

Reaction score
Heard a fair few on BLUT and outside on Bramall Lane after the game. First time I've heard that I think?

The thing that some don’t realise is Bettis is the middle man. If you have a problem with players sold then it’s the princes decision, if you have a problem with how we’re playing that’s Heckys fault.

If you have an issue with how the club is run day to day & peoples job happiness then that’s Bettis.

But I don’t think that’s most people’s frustration.

The thing that some don’t realise is Bettis is the middle man. If you have a problem with players sold then it’s the princes decision, if you have a problem with how we’re playing that’s Heckys fault.

If you have an issue with how the club is run day to day & peoples job happiness then that’s Bettis.

Agree. But maybe if it's clear that the fans are wanting change and they are having a pop at someone who is on the board and they are at the game, then that might suddenly make things a bit uncomfortable for them and they might start to think about changing the manager.

I don't mind Bettis. Think he does a decent job. It's Hecky and the Owner who both need to go.

Last month Bettis gave one of the most pathetic, half-hearted, buck-passing interviews I've ever seen.

He was applauded from ear-to-ear on here for being so honest and upfront about our troubles.

He's a complete fucking moron.

The title CEO would suggest that he has a big hand in how the club is run

Agree. But maybe if it's clear that the fans are wanting change and they are having a pop at someone who is on the board and they are at the game, then that might suddenly make things a bit uncomfortable for them and they might start to think about changing the manager.

I don't mind Bettis. Think he does a decent job. It's Hecky and the Owner who both need to go.

Agree...I have some inside info from a trusted excellent source that Bettis is actually a very decent guy and very good at his job.
Personally don't know him, so don't have a clue.

Also agree that the fans just want a scapegoat...find it quite bizarre how so many refuse to give Hecky any stick when he's the actual manager
responsible for starting tactics, desire/ effort, confidence, in game tactics and style of play. His pre and post match interviews never inspire confidence.

Also agree the owner needs to go but hasn't he already acknowledged this.
Bet the owner is loving it that his manager is not under fire from the supporters,
so you can't blame him for choosing the cheap option and just keep him.

When we're on about 6 points at Christmas you can bet the same fans defending Hecky
will then be criticising the Prince for not sacking Hecky earlier.

Last month Bettis gave one of the most pathetic, half-hearted, buck-passing interviews I've ever seen.

He was applauded from ear-to-ear on here for being so honest and upfront about our troubles.

Did he sing 'we ain't got a barrel of money' ?

If he did, he needs sacking.

Agree...I have some inside info from a trusted excellent source that Bettis is actually a very decent guy and very good at his job.
Personally don't know him, so don't have a clue.

Also agree that the fans just want a scapegoat...find it quite bizarre how so many refuse to give Hecky any stick when he's the actual manager
responsible for starting tactics, desire/ effort, confidence, in game tactics and style of play. His pre and post match interviews never inspire confidence.

Also agree the owner needs to go but hasn't he already acknowledged this.
Bet the owner is loving it that his manager is not under fire from the supporters,
so you can't blame him for choosing the cheap option and just keep him.

When we're on about 6 points at Christmas you can bet the same fans defending Hecky
will then be criticising the Prince for not sacking Hecky earlier.
I think many fans are giving Hecky stick, that's evident from posts on this board. I'm one of those that just sees a man doing his best in incredibly hard circumstances, he's made some mistakes, sure, but I refuse to believe how anyone we could attract and even those we can't could do much better. Those blaming Hecky for injuries are without knowledge of, I would assume, of what training is like. I've not heard we do double training sessions for example, we have a small squad of first team players and we know Hecky wanted to keep a few more, I suspect he knew that the quality of players coming in wouldn't be good enough bar one or two. If we'd just played Luton, Wolves and Burnley I maybe more critical but we've had such a tough run of fixtures and it wasn't Hecky who wanted to lose Berge and Ndiaye on the eve of the season. I'm not blaming the board either there, it is what it is, we're a newly promoted team and we're playing teams who have spent £50m plus on one player almost every week.

I don't think Hecky thought "you know what, I'll sign players from Sweden and Denmark's leagues, that will do". Luton and Burnley have gone up and kept everyone together, Luton had no one that another team would desperately want other than from the Championship or maybe us, Burnley spent millions and I don't see them as any better than us. We're in a mini league of 4, maybe 5 teams. When we've played everyone once I think that's the time to reflect with more perspective. That's my view and whilst some might not agree, I think Hecky deserves more time.

What did you want him to say during that interview? He doesn’t make the decisions, he’s part of getting the best deals when the decisions are made. I think he’s done a fairly good job at that

Back
Top Bottom