At This Point....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

keenzy

Reaction score
At the moment there seems to be an uprising of people who think blackwells time is running out. There seems to be abit of a hoodoo over us, and over blackwell (seems like leeds all over) We need to desperately escape from this and seek a guiding light to lead us out of this falling down cave of abusing the players. Weather this be Blackwell giving us a long overdue win or McCabe giving into the resistance kicked up by the fans and kicking him out. Something needs to change. Yes it doesn't state in the small print on the ticket that we will win every game, but I just want effort put in from the players and the manager and the whole team. The last 2 games we seem to be turning a corner. I would have been happy with the performances had we not come off the loosing end to scunny and blackpool. It's like living in a city of delusion and i just feel i'm falling away with you all, my fellow blades. Amount of times at matches i see blade fighting blade over each others views. I think someone needs to take a bow and leave the club. Something isn't right and it's like rot, it needs to be cured.

My main concern is thatBlackwell is convinced that it is a combination of bad luck, bad decisions, individual errors and injuries. Whilst there is an element of all these factors every club has to face these things day out day in!
He is also convinced that when all his injuries are cleared up everything will be ok and we will march onto promotion.
Does he not realise that we will be so far behind the leaders it will be impossible to catch them up and does he honestly believe that at the end of the month we will get all the decisions given to us, no bad luck no further injuries or suspensions and no individual errors!
The man is deluded, at best the Blades will finish no higher than mid table and I believe that to be very optimistic, the more likely scenario is that they will be flirting around the drop zone for most of the second half of the season.
I cannot see McCabe doing anything about it as it is obvious that Blackwell is McCabes puppet and that they probably deserve each other. Ambition don't make me laugh!

At the moment there seems to be an uprising of people who think blackwells time is running out. There seems to be abit of a hoodoo over us, and over blackwell (seems like leeds all over) We need to desperately escape from this and seek a guiding light to lead us out of this falling down cave of abusing the players. Weather this be Blackwell giving us a long overdue win or McCabe giving into the resistance kicked up by the fans and kicking him out. Something needs to change. Yes it doesn't state in the small print on the ticket that we will win every game, but I just want effort put in from the players and the manager and the whole team. The last 2 games we seem to be turning a corner. I would have been happy with the performances had we not come off the loosing end to scunny and blackpool. It's like living in a city of delusion and i just feel i'm falling away with you all, my fellow blades. Amount of times at matches i see blade fighting blade over each others views. I think someone needs to take a bow and leave the club. Something isn't right and it's like rot, it needs to be cured.

Disagree, and 300 odd chavs in the car park doesn't qualify as an uprising. Team have been warmly applauded off by those who were left in the last two home games.

A definate undercurrent of dissent at BDTBL reight now....and its growing.

Disagree, and 300 odd chavs in the car park doesn't qualify as an uprising. Team have been warmly applauded off by those who were left in the last two home games.

It's the ones who aren't left that the club has to worry about.
Lose the next two and you can probably add another thousand or more to your figure.
Barnsley looks a write-off already and then we have a relegation six-pointer with Peterborough.
Even if we avoid defeat at Barnsley, defeat in that one will almost certainly see patience snap.

I know the word uprising suggests demonstrations of some sort but there a huge numbers of sensible Blades who would neve dream of protesting but who are also very fed up with what is happening in terms of entertainment and value for money.

Absolutely right to mention an improvement of sorts in last 2 games and as spectacles they were good games to watch. Whether they constitute the start of a serious recovery is highly debatable. I don't think we can play much better than we did on Monday and that worries me, although plenty of games are won by sides who didn't deserve it.

It takes some doing losing 4 on the spin in the CCC and very good chance of 5 in my opinion with Morgan out. Also the 3 or 4 games before the defeats were terrible as well. This is when sacking the manager becomes a real possibility because such a bad run is so rare from any club in our division, and especially ione with such a huge squad and with relatively huge resources. As mentioned above, the problem with blaming injuries is that when people come back , others get injured or suspended.

If we play like we did in the last two games, with a couple of key players back, we'll win more than we lose. Of that I am convinced. The performances prior to those two games however, we'll lose more than we win.

Whilst I'm unconvinced by KB, I'm still (just about) prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

The injury situation hasn't helped and the performances have improved recently - but I'm worried about his inability to get the best from individual players and from the team as a whole.

I now find myself sliding from a supportive "lets see how things go when players are fit" position - to a neutral "support the team - but not going to defend KB on the Kop" stance.

If performances continue to be better we, should be able to get something from either Barnsley (and certainly) Peterborough. If not - then Peterborough probably becomes the watershed for me. If after the Posh game we've gone 9 games without a win - and KB can't motivate and organise 11 of our players to beat a just promoted and struggling team - then I would (reluctantly) need to be convinced that it's not time for a change.

Hope it doesn't come to that - but fear it may :(

Not there at Blackpool then???

If we play like we did in the last two games, with a couple of key players back, we'll win more than we lose. Of that I am convinced. The performances prior to those two games however, we'll lose more than we win.

Well put.

We SO deserved a point at least against the Barcodes.

I really think we've turned the corner, apart from nervous unconfident finishing by Hendo and ched we could have been 2 up in the first half. Both shooting wide of the post versus newcastle. I know its all " IF'S and BUT'S" however we are NOW making chances! I think we will draw at dingleville and beat peterborough.

It's the ones who aren't left that the club has to worry about.
Lose the next two and you can probably add another thousand or more to your figure.
Barnsley looks a write-off already and then we have a relegation six-pointer with Peterborough.
Even if we avoid defeat at Barnsley, defeat in that one will almost certainly see patience snap.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Blakwells Fairy Tale
Once upon a time a the mighty Blades fell upon hard times and had to sell all their promising players and reduce high wage earners to enable Baron McCabe to get all his loans back with interest. Despite being very popular at the time the manager of the team kept sending them out to kick the ball as far as they could so it could justify his investment in a giant centre forward called Hendo.
Then, one day an evil witch cast a spell on Bramall Lane and uniteds performances started reaping what they deserved - no points. Loss followed loss and despite playing more attractive football the spell was cast as United plummeted down the league.
However all was not lost Blackwell had blamed everything including Bad Luck, Injuries, Suspensions, Drug Bans, Referees, Fans, International Breaks, Credit Crunch but then he had an idea I shall say 'I'm not worried, everything will get better and it will, all the injuries will clear up and they will, all referees decisions will go for us and they will, non of our players will get banned and Paddy will come in for the last game just as we secure promotion after being on a twenty five match unbeaten run and the fans adored him
Hear endeth the tale and the moral of the story is never believe the Pied Piper- he will lead you up the path and to the river!

I have just witnessed something that I thought was pretty difficult to accomplish. I have seen another side show even less idea of how to break a side down than us on our very worst days. I give you Charlton Athletic!

Back
Top Bottom