Are we staying up?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What ya reckon then?

• Total voters
Reaction score
That's it. You've seen business we are up to, you've seen the new boys play, you can see how we are shaping up.

I want to be optimistic, I want to have hope that we can do it and we don't seem to be absolute shite since the signings - but I also know we have our tendency to fuck things up.

Ask me after the season is over 😂

I want to be optimistic, I want to have hope that we can do it and we don't seem to be absolute shite since the signings - but I also know we have our tendency to fuck things up.

Ask me after the season is over 😂
My first fuckin poll and the first comment is asking for an option not on the poll. Fuck sake I gi up man.

this 1st month of premier league despite losing our 1st 2 has given me so much confidence than i had 3 weeks ago. when i was fearing a cricket score v palace

there are worse teams in the league than us & i think we could stay up, i think we've had harder games in the championship than the games v palace & Forest. its seems eventually weve bought well you look at it Everton & Wolves look terrible, Luton have been written off by everyone. thats 3 right there that we could be better than. its seems achievable

Still don't think we're good enough to stay up, but I don't think we'll be cast adrift as I did previously.
A lot rides on Archer's ability to score at the top level and the injury gods to smile kindly on us (LOL).
At least we'll be more competitive now. Before the Hamer and Archer signings I was worried every game was going to feel like a lower league vs Prem FA Cup match and us having to set up for damage limitation.
However, some quality loans to compliment what we have and I might dare to believe that we can survive. Squad's not quite there yet for me though.

We could have a good stab at it, however, the fact that many of our players arent match fit and slight cramp keeps folk out for weeks on end will scupper us.

Yup! No problem, keep the faith. There will be 3 teams shitter than us.....Burnley, Luton, Wolves, Everton and maybe Fulham as it looks now.

Yes - we will go down imo. Cant think of three / four teams (maybe 2 at a push ) we will be better than over the whole season . However , thank goodness for Hecky as with him we will not embarrass ourselves , especially with the new signings .

Still think the same - we'll go down by a narrow margin, probably a couple of points. Palace and Forest kind of points

If we want to stay up there are a few crucial musts that I'm not confident about....

1) Have a good record with fitness/injuries
2) Have a good enough manager
3) Have no major weakness at LWB

There are more doubts, such as managing a similar level of teamwork and cohesion as in 19/20, with all these new (foreign) signings to bed in to the 11

Recruitment isn't my main worry now. I think we'll sign McNair and 2 attacking loans

We'll be more creative than last time but being anywhere near as good defensively seems an impossible ask

There do seem to be 4 or 5 teams we can fancy our chances against though, some who haven't strengthened much if at all

I think we're staying up, close call, but I firmly believe there's 3 teams doing worse this season!

Watching the midfield in the forest game gives me a lot more hope than I had. Still don't think it'll be enough for us, but I think we'll create, so have a chance.

I was going to edge my bets and say ask me at Christmas, but I do remain confident that whilst it may be a massive battle.....we will come out of it on positive terms.

The sale of Ndiaye wobbled things, whilst the sale of Berge I feel not so much. But I actually look now and think that whilst we dodn't want to see players leave, the only positive being that ot has allowed us to bring in some decent young quality.

Get these last fee players over the line and we have at least given ourselves a big chance. Archer, Pellistri and A.n.other are huge signings!

Said this the last time we have a similar pole, not sure how anyone can vote when no one knows the team we'll have to face the season.
So I've not voted.....however suggest we do this again on 1st Sept and I reckon most of our fans will feel optimistic.

Regards the season to date:

1st match of the season against Palace our chances of staying up was 0%
In fact I was very confident we'd finish bottom (and I'm generally optimistic)
Pretty incredible that we start the season with a much worse starting 11 compared the the promotion team.
However didn't panic because I knew we had a big transfer budget and were lining up several quality additions.

Since then we've bought Hamer and Archer, 2 significant top quality players and now our chances of staying up are 40%
If we didn't buy another player...think we'll still be relegated but at least we have a realistic chance.

Make another signing or 2 this week, for example if we bring in McAtee and Pellistri
then I genuinely think our chances of staying up would easily increase 80%. We'd be stronger than last season with genuine quality.

Last edited:
I think we are going down but i hope i’m wrong. Where will our goals come from?

I think we will go down. I'm more positive about it though as I don't think we will embarrass ourselves now and I think we have built reasonably well for next season which is all I wanted really.

Why do I think we will go down? Can't see us scoring enough and we aren't solid enough defensively to compensate for it, same as the last time imo.im hoping it may click better and quicker than I expect but when you add in our shocking injury record I don't think it will.

We'll finish bottom with about the same amount of points as last time we were in this league.

We've got no fucking strikers.

Back
Top Bottom