Alfreton and our front line in general?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The front two last season got little or no service what so ever. Had we still got ched he wouldn't have got anywhere near the total he got the year before due to lack of service. Both Kitson and Porter suffered because of it. As have said time and time before take away Blackman's penalties and his return was no better than Kitsons

The front two last season got little or no service what so ever. Had we still got ched he wouldn't have got anywhere near the total he got the year before due to lack of service. Both Kitson and Porter suffered because of it. As have said time and time before take away Blackman's penalties and his return was no better than Kitsons

Blackmans all round performances and work rate alone were double that of Kitson. You speak of Blackmans penalties and fair point however think about how many of these Pens he actually worked for and won himself by darting into the box, being tricky and running at players.

Kitson on the other hand and understandably it may have been probably down to his age but he didn't for me put himself around half as much as Blackman. When the ball wasn't near him he didn't break his back to go and get it or chase back. He was an experience opportunist poacher however his work rate wasn't up to it. Unless the ball was going in the right place he wasn't going to give a return.

really? still getting parachute payments, massive support, big club in this div able to attract better players surely got to be up there?

Means nothing if the players dont want to play for them. They cant just keep on signing players unless the high earners go first, even with the parachute money. The only team that had been relegated last season to perform was Donny. I know the other 2 had finance problems but they didnt start that way

Means nothing if the players dont want to play for them. They cant just keep on signing players unless the high earners go first, even with the parachute money. The only team that had been relegated last season to perform was Donny. I know the other 2 had finance problems but they didn't start that way

Who are you kidding? Coventry were in the shit financially and Portsmouth were worse.

FWIW I think Wolves' season will be very similar to ours of two years ago: highest scorers and one of the more attractive teams to watch but missing out on automatic.

interesting prediction pinchy, I hope you're right. personally I can see wolves winning the league,
can you explain why they won't? there's other teams like Peterborough who normally do well in this league
and Bristol City aswell as the Brentfords of last yr. you normally have a few wise words on here so am genuinely interested.

I'm flattered but, in fact, you have to wade through a lot of bollocks (quite an image) to find the wisdom.

When it come to predictions my recent triumphs include:

The Pigs will definitely not sustain their unbeaten record;

Ched won't be convicted;

Doncaster and Bournemouth for promotion? Absolutely no chance!

I'm sure Wolves will indeed be in the race. I just take issue with the fairly widespread notion that them winning the league is a mere formality. If they were that superior they would have fared rather better amidst the mediocrity that is the bottom end of the Championship. In addition, years of watching football teaches us that relegated teams often fail to live up to (often unrealistic) expectations - ask Sheffield United fans, they'll tell you :)

Peterborough and Bristol - just don't fancy them. No real logic - just a feeling. I've been wrong before (but with style).

I'm flattered but, in fact, you have to wade through a lot of bollocks (quite an image) to find the wisdom.

Ched won't be convicted;

I'm sure Wolves will indeed be in the race. I just take issue with the fairly widespread notion that them winning the league is a mere formality. If they were that superior they would have fared rather better amidst the mediocrity that is the bottom end of the Championship. In addition, years of watching football teaches us that relegated teams often fail to live up to (often unrealistic) expectations - ask Sheffield United fans, they'll tell you :)

Peterborough and Bristol - just don't fancy them. No real logic - just a feeling. I've been wrong before (but with style).

Yes but now they're up against teams having to stay within the Financial Fair Play rules when their own budget includes Premiership Parachute Payments.

Ched won't be convicted;

well after your honest admittance of poor past failures maybe i'll withdraw my support for you as gandalf! :)

football is a funny ol game is it not, I just guess on paper they should be in the top 2, but there's 46 games to play and anything can happen of course.

Who are you kidding? Coventry were in the shit financially and Portsmouth were worse.

FWIW I think Wolves' season will be very similar to ours of two years ago: highest scorers and one of the more attractive teams to watch but missing out on automatic.

yeh cov and pompey were (and probably still are) sinking ships.
I can see that happening(their season being similar to our first in league 1), but I cant see one of their best players being banged up for rape......... but maybe a few of them will be sold instead of course.

Is anybody allowed to say Ironside is probably crap?

I wouldn't dare say such a thing. I know i'd get verbally linched. Youngster. Needs time. etc etc.

:tumbleweed:

Is anybody allowed to say Ironside is probably crap?

I wouldn't dare say such a thing. I know i'd get verbally linched. Youngster. Needs time. etc etc.

:tumbleweed:

Don't think he can be classed as 'crap' just yet. His hold up play is good and he has is strong for a young one. He also gets in good positions to score. However, his finishing is woeful if he doesn't rectify that quickly, I think he will fall into that category

Speaking to another Blade tonight about Taylor and in a sense he is right, the standard of the league that Falkirk were in last year when Taylor was on fire could be considered could well be likened to that of League two. The results we got up there in pre season over Scottish League one opposition are what you would expect us at present to come away with had we played English League Two opposition.

But that said the lad has found the net a great deal last year and has a taste for it, hopefully he can bring that confidence down to the lane next season and set the league alight.

A massive part of me hopes that Brandy can have the same impact from Midfield as Williamson did a couple of seasons back. A I can't wait for Miller to return and hope that he stays fit and is up for it and bags a few.

Ever the optimistic.
That sums us all up, having to hope a player is up for it how many fducking grand a week do these people need to make a fucking effort? Wankers

Don't think he can be classed as 'crap' just yet. His hold up play is good and he has is strong for a young one. He also gets in good positions to score. However, his finishing is woeful if he doesn't rectify that quickly, I think he will fall into that category

Exactly. Chief made a career out playing facing away from goal. If Ironside can start scoring with his head it'll help immensely.

Exactly. Chief made a career out playing facing away from goal. If Ironside can start scoring with his head it'll help immensely.

He is currently very poor in the air. I have watched him missed some headers that the crowd have thought "ooooh that was close" when really, he should have buried it.

I read all comments like this directed at Porter as. "I clearly think a striker should score goals in every game he plays"

and not.

"There's more to Porter's game than goals."

Take Miller for example. Did he or did he not start banging goals in when partnered with Porter?

Comparing Porter to Miller is absurd. Porter demonstrated (barring a few knock-downs) against Notts County his inability to shoot, head on goal, and react to chances in the box, not to mention that lob/shot towards the end of the match. Considering the operative part of his position (striker) being "strike", one would assume he is obliged to score once in a while. He lacks pace, tenacity, vision, and the ability to remain onside.

But I'm open to being proved wrong. I just don't think he has it in him.

I read all comments like this directed at Porter as. "I clearly think a striker should score goals in every game he plays"

and not.

"There's more to Porter's game than goals."

Take Miller for example. Did he or did he not start banging goals in when partnered with Porter?

And though he's useful *with* Miller, surely it'd be more beneficial to the team to have someone capable of fulfilling the role he's paid for *without* him?

Comparing Porter to Miller is absurd. Porter demonstrated (barring a few knock-downs) against Notts County his inability to shoot, head on goal, and react to chances in the box, not to mention that lob/shot towards the end of the match. Considering the operative part of his position (striker) being "strike", one would assume he is obliged to score once in a while. He lacks pace, tenacity, vision, and the ability to remain onside.

But I'm open to being proved wrong. I just don't think he has it in him.

I haven't compared Porter to Miller.

Porter played extremely well when partnered with Miller and created Miller loads of chances. Unfortunately, he cant cut it as a lone striker unless the supporting 3 are close by for the knock downs (McDonald, Brandy & Murphy)

Hopelessly pessimistic and miles off. Weir'll certainly be in the top 6 and I'll now predict it - Top 2. Those who are conceding top spot to Wolves will be in for a surprise.

RRnhhqW.gif

Back
Top Bottom