Outgoing? Ade Akinbiyi

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ah well there aint much call for shipperly now i mean he would just get pulled up for a foul all the time if he played. Mainly for sitting on the defenders. :D

gezblade said:
Would be a tough one for Warnock if all of a sudden Shipperly said he wanted to go because of lack of games but solid offers came in for Akinbiyi, who would you let go if you could get in Nugent aswell with only releasing one of them?
Promote Shipperley to the bench in Akinbiyi's place. :):):)

But he takes up 2 places on the bench though. :D

Sheffield Utd's Akinibiyi wanted by Derby, Stoke
tribalfooball.com - September 25, 2006

A host of Championship clubs are chasing Sheffield United striker Ade Akinbiyi.

Blades boss Neil Warnock is weighing up whether to release Akinbiyi to go out on-loan this week and the People says Derby, Stoke and Burnley are all interested.

Good lets hope one of em takes him. Really dont think he will find form at this level and i think we should get rid while clubs still want him.

Bladesman said:
Good lets hope one of em takes him. Really dont think he will find form at this level and i think we should get rid while clubs still want him.

With his last few performances it's hard to say much different at this stage.

Championship is his level i think and we need to try and get some money back on him while we still can.

i always backed him t b fair and hoped he did well but i aint seen much quality yet from him

With Kabba coming back and Nade looking a hot prospect, Ade's gonna see his chances decrease less and less. Best to send him on loan, rather keep Shipperley here.

rotherhamblade said:
another creative post by harold there lol

I'd love to see some of our fans play football and see how good they are.

I admit that i'm crap and have no knowledge of pro football.

I've been watching then for too long though.

:)

Get him gone before he does his value any more harm.

Hopefully he'll go out on loan, he'll get a few goals then we can at least offload him for 1M

Derby boss confirms Akinbiyi interest
10:12 September, 26, 2006

Billy Davies is weighing up a loan move for Sheffield United striker Ade Akinbiyi

The 32-year-old frontman has been pushed down the pecking order at Bramall Lane by the summer signing of Rob Hulse and is a loan target for a number of Championship clubs.

"He is on the list but that is as far as it goes," said Pride Park boss Davies.

"We need to bring in a striker or two but it is not that easy.

"We will see what develops after the weekend games and during the international break.

"It is a case of having a number of possible targets and looking at the situations at a number of clubs."

Derby's own big-money signing Steve Howard was again their hero on Saturday with a late-winner to give the 10-man Rams a 2-1 success at Sheffield Wednesday.

Davies praised his £1m star after the game, saying: "I'm delighted for the lad because he has shown what sort of character he is.

"He has been first class. He has worked tirelessly for the team, created goals for others and been very unlucky at times himself.

"Now the goals are going in for him. We always knew he was capable of scoring goals.

"Once we add another striker or two to the squad and get him more support up there, we will see even better from him."

Derby still intrested hope they swoop in and take him.

Ade's loan snub

SHEFFIELD United today told Derby County to forget about signing Ade Akinbiyi on loan.

The Championship club confirmed last night that they are interested in luring Akinbiyi to Pride Park as they look to strengthen their attacking options.
Akinbiyi has made four appearances for United this term and was a non-playing substitute against Arsenal on Saturday.
But United manager Neil Warnock told The Star: "We can put this to bed right now – Ade isn't going anywhere.
"He's just too important to the squad so there's no chance.
"There's no way I'd let Ade leave on loan, end of story."
Akinbiyi, who turns 32 next month, left Stoke to join Burnley for £600,000 in February 2005 before completing a £1.75m move to Bramall Lane earlier this year.
Warnock's opposite number Billy Davies, who has also been linked with United defender Rob Kozluk, said: "He (Akinbiyi) is on the list but that is as far as it goes," said Davies.
"We need to bring in a striker or two but it is not that easy.
"We will see what develops after the weekend games and during the international break.
"It is a case of having a number of possible targets and looking at the situations at a number of clubs."
United plan to name a strong side for tonight's Pontins League Cup tie at Barnsley tonight (kick-off 7pm).
"I'm not sure who will be in it but there will be some experienced pros," Warnock added.
Meanwhile, United winger Paul Ifill scored a hat-trick for Barbados during their 7-1 Gold Cup qualifying victory over Anguilla.
United's Carling Cup third round tie against Birmingham City will take place on Tuesday October 24.
The match at Bramall Lane will kick off at 7.45pm.
Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate is under pressure ahead of Saturday's game at Bramall Lane.
Although his team have beaten Chelsea and drawn with Arsenal, they have largely struggled in the league and were knocked out of the Carling Cup by Notts County.
And Saturday's 1-0 defeat to Blackburn capped a five-game winless streak.
"It is a quick learning curve, I'm learning with every team I pick, with every game that we play," he said.

Looks like a no go then and by january he could be worth even less. :(

Back
Top Bottom