21 Points to go

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SwissBlade

Reaction score
That takes us to 50 points.

Season form suggests 39 points, so we need a major turnaround (as if I needed to tell any of you that).

Fortunately, Palace and Scunny's season form suggests a max of 47 points, so 50 might not be needed.

2010 Palace Stayed Up 49 - Pigs down 47 points
2009 Stayed Up 51 - Down 46
2008 Stayed Up 53 - Down 52
2007 Stayed Up 49 - Down 42
2006 Stayed Up 50 - Down 42

Palace or Scunny could limp over the line or there could be a real fight till the end... lets see...

I had a look at the championship predictor the other night and in my absolute best case scenario of results it took us to 49 points - that kept us up with Palace going down on goal difference. As I said, that was a best case scenario only on results we are feasibly capable of getting with some good fortune. I dont see us getting anywhere near to that total in reality so I'm afraid at least one side (maybe two) will have to completely collapse to give us any chance at all.

Could that be Derby County? I hear they have a tough game on Saturday

On another thread you said it's not all about wins Swiss, I'm keen to learn about this new fangled points gathering technique you must be getting ready to unleash on us.:)

Have a look at Palace, Scunny and Prestons run-ins, much togher than ours. I reckon as low as 45 points could keep us up this year....!

Look at the next 4 games for each;

Palace - will be lucky to get much from these 4;
- Reading - H
- Burnley - A
- Cardiff - H
- QPR - A

Scunny - OK at home, crap away
- Bristol C - A
- Pompey - A
- Swansea - H
- Dingles - A

Preston - can't see them getting much from these;
- Burnley - H
- Norwich - A
- Leeds - H
- Reading - A

If we can pick up 7 points from our next 4 games we might just be in with a sniff...

On another thread you said it's not all about wins Swiss, I'm keen to learn about this new fangled points gathering technique you must be getting ready to unleash on us.:)

To be fair I wrote that without realising how many points we needed, hence then doing my research and now seeing how many points we need to have any chance of staying up.

Obviously from this I know its not possible to stay up with draws, but the point is the same (and if you read back to what I said before Speed left I said the same) we need to stop conceding.

Have a look at Palace, Scunny and Prestons run-ins, much togher than ours. I reckon as low as 45 points could keep us up this year....!

Look at the next 4 games for each;

Palace - will be lucky to get much from these 4;
- Reading - H
- Burnley - A
- Cardiff - H
- QPR - A

Scunny - OK at home, crap away
- Bristol C - A
- Pompey - A
- Swansea - H
- Dingles - A

Preston - can't see them getting much from these;
- Burnley - H
- Norwich - A
- Leeds - H
- Reading - A

If we can pick up 7 points from our next 4 games we might just be in with a sniff...

Palace will be okay, because they now usually get something from their home matches. And that will be enough to keep them ahead of us. Scunthorpe will probably go down with us.

That takes us to 50 points.

Season form suggests 39 points, so we need a major turnaround (as if I needed to tell any of you that).

Fortunately, Palace and Scunny's season form suggests a max of 47 points, so 50 might not be needed.

2010 Palace Stayed Up 49 - Pigs down 47 points
2009 Stayed Up 51 - Down 46
2008 Stayed Up 53 - Down 52
2007 Stayed Up 49 - Down 42
2006 Stayed Up 50 - Down 42

Palace or Scunny could limp over the line or there could be a real fight till the end... lets see...

I knew you'd not let me down Swiss old chap. :)

**raises red flag**

Palace will be okay, because they now usually get something from their home matches. And that will be enough to keep them ahead of us. Scunthorpe will probably go down with us.

Didn't I hear that Palace haven't conceded a goal at home in their last seven home games.

Back
Top Bottom