16 clean sheets

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blade too long

weve come home
Reaction score
Blades head the list of clean sheets with 16 out of 35 games, another 5 , if the average keeps up can only help in our quest. The teams with the best defences generally get one of the 2 spots

lets hope so, just need to score some at the other end, esp at home aswell then.

16 clean sheets, you need to see a Doctor about that obsession. If I get one I stop wiping my arse.

Long before the days of Supermarket football, (Man City walk round with large trolley - £200m - do you take Visa etc)

Most of the great teams in the 60s 70s and 80s (Leeds, Arsenal, Liverpool) built their teams on being goalproof long before they looked at scoring goals, I can remember Arsenal being berated bacause they either drew 0-0 or won 1-0, but shit they won the then 1st Division playing just like that.

The problem is when we are 1-0 up I still feel worried.

Not convinced our defence in totally in control yet. But getting there.

Would never have though we had a decent clean sheet record.

Blades head the list of clean sheets with 16 out of 35 games, another 5 , if the average keeps up can only help in our quest. The teams with the best defences generally get one of the 2 spots
generally being the operative word mate.. another record we don't want in the collection??

We have to look at other clubs around us and no one is doing any better at home, it is frustrating drawing , but we still go top winning our game in hand . Yes we have to do that first , but we are still in pole position, and 23 other clubs , 22 if you discount donny would love that and perhaps be a tad less negative about it , yes things have in some seasons gone pear shaped , but theres no need to constantly dwell on it . Believe it or not there have been seasons when weve managed it , not though youd know, yes last season was disheartening , I should imagine it was for the players too dont you, to be where they are despite last season, is pretty good.

We have to look at other clubs around us and no one is doing any better at home

Except Swindon, Yeovil, Tranmere, Brentford and Bournemouth, who all have more points at home than we do.

I'd have a lot more time for your positivity if each post wasn't supported by facts which are not true, or "apples and oranges" comparisons.

only just , I said theres wsasnt brilliant either ,which weve levelled out away , but you just look for the negatives
seen a form guide of late

P W D L Pts
1 Yeovil Town 8 5 2 1 17
2 Sheffield Utd 8 5 2 1 17
3 Walsall 8 4 3 1 15
4 Leyton Orient 8 4 2 2 14
5 Coventry City 8 4 1 3 13
6 Swindon Town 8 3 4 1 13
7 Hartlepool 8 3 4 1 13
8 Doncaster 8 3 3 2 12
9 Scunthorpe 8 4 0 4 12
10 Notts County 8 2 5 1 11
11 Brentford 8 3 2 3 11
12 Crawley Town 8 2 4 2 10
13 Shrewsbury 8 3 1 4 10
14 Crewe Alexandra 8 3 1 4 10
15 Colchester 8 3 1 4 10
16 Preston 8 2 3 3 9
17 Portsmouth 8 2 3 3 9
18 Bournemouth 8 3 0 5 9
19 Carlisle Utd 8 2 3 3 9
20 Oldham 8 3 0 5 9
21 Milton Keynes 8 1 5 2 8
22 Tranmere 8 2 1 5 7
23 Bury 8 2 1 5 7
24 Stevenage 8 1 0 7 3
all we need do is do this again
all the 4 teams you quoted have took less points in their last 8 , , yet you only see us failing

all we need do is do this again

Which is exactly what you said last year, and we did it again. Why weren't we promoted? Oh that's right, someone else did what they needed to do, and didn't drop 2 points at home in the last 2 weeks of the season.

I don't care what everyone else is doing. It is on our own hands (you are right about that) but it will not be if we keep chucking away points at home.

Why weren't we promoted?

ched got sent down , did you miss that
cant see that happening again
, obviously you do

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leagueone/form

tell me why we are shittier than the rest as you keep insisting we are , using this guide

how are swindons 9 points better than our 14 from the last 6
why are you intent on pleading we are rubbish when theyve got 5 points less as have all the other contenders

ched got sent down , did you miss that
cant see that happening again
, obviously you do

There you go again, apples and oranges.

I see the possibility of a team that stuggles to score goals and break teams down drawing a series of games 0-0 or 1-1, and losing the odd game 1-0, and missing out.

It might not turn out like that, but it is a worrying prospect given that none of the other forwards on the books, save Kitson, seem to be regular scorers.

Anyway, here's hoping the clean sheets continue, because if they do that's a minimum of a point every time...

so weve drawn a few home games
look at a form guide we play 23 home 23 away

we go up on both, at present we , thats us sheffield united are out performing the other 23
how do you like those oranges

lets agrre theres some positives , its not all pear shaped because we get held at home

Of course there are positives. We are in a terrific position.

I just don't think it's as easy as you seem to make out, and you of all people should know that after last season.

Back
Top Bottom