Match Thread Manchester United v. Sheffield United - 24th April 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MANU
MANU
MANU

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1713908918880.png vs 1713908926855.png

Premier League Matchweek 34 - Wednesday 24th April 2024 - 20:00 - Old Trafford
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/manchester-united-vs-sheffield-united.685/

Officials:

Referee: Michael Salisbury
Assistants: Eddie Smart, Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Paul Tierney
VAR: Michael Oliver
Assistant VAR: Natalie Aspinall

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 22.51.09.png

I'm shocked if we can even draw.. would be shocking good performance tho

Just go and have a go tonight, we're down anyway so the game doesn't matter one bit, its essentially a pre season friendly as is the relegation decider at Newcastle on Saturday.

I'd rather us lose 7 2 in an exciting attacking game than put in another man city away type performance where we don't even dare to venture over the half way line.

Our goal for the remainder of the season should be to beat forest and take them down with us

Well it wouldn’t be the first time we got an opposition manager sacked would it ( remember Potch after we drew with spuds ) What’s the odds we get something as they looked fucked after Cov game and have a few out for tonight
UTB ⚔️

Reasons we'll get tonked tonight:
Man U will not want a repeat of Saturday's last 20 minute fiasco and will be out to prove people wrong.
Our players will be told/thinking 'If Cov can do that to them, so can we' Mmmm, that would require us to be as good as Coventry wouldn't it?
Cov had an FA cup final to play for. Man U thought they were there. Imagine us, a relegated team 3-0 down with twenty to go? Us? playing for pride? Naaaahh.

Reasons we'll tonk them tonight:
'Once-a-Blade-always-a-Blade' Harry Maguire will score 6 own goals on purpose in the first 6 minutes, scythe down several of his own team's players and subs, and due to the never-before-seen leniency of the officials (and the VAR system crashing just before kick-off), only stay on the field until he punches the referee's lights out and gets sent off, reducing them to the minimum 7 players needed to complete the match, at which point we stoically defend our 6 goal lead to run out 6-5 winners.

Going to the game tonight, thinking 3-2 to Man United will be the result.

Hoping for a result rather than expecting one, would love to see us go for them never mind the score just put them on the back foot, this is a total free shot for us as were down , utb

I think we've got a chance tonight. They're at an incredibly low ebb, have possibly the slowest CB pairing in history and I thought our game v Burnley could've been very different if one of the early chances went in.

We were best price 9/1 at the weekend and we're now 15/2 so the bookmakers think our chance of winning has improved by nearly 2%!

Any ITK/Wilder Drinking Buddies know if Gribic and Souza have been booted off the coach?

Let us at least have an impact on the Prem. Win tonight and Ten Hag is dust! Harry will thank us ;-}

They’re at a low point, and their players have played to get mgrs sacked since Moyes took over. They smell ten hag’s blood and I don’t see them suddenly upping their game so as long as blades turn up and put a shift in I could see us getting a decent result.

Watch Antony have game of his life now. Extra incentive for him - personal battle with Souza not to be worst Brazilian in the top flight.

If you see donkey Cassimero or whatever at centre back and many of their team injured.
Have two good strikers as Diaz and Archer
Two top number 10's in Hamer and McAtee
To play as front two's
Have seen Coventry beat them stopped only by the magic lines
Have 8 fit players to battle and play early to the two pacy attackers up front
of which two at least are centre backs then you see this as a SHOULD win.
Especially as we could have beaten them at home (pen and sending off)
despite having to play 4 at the back with only two left footed centre backs to play
And did 3 years ago away
#Wilder has NO excuses before the game, except the obvious one of he is NOT fit to do the job.
#Garbage #CorbynSousa #McDonkey!

I think we've got a chance tonight. They're at an incredibly low ebb, have possibly the slowest CB pairing in history and I thought our game v Burnley could've been very different if one of the early chances went in.

We were best price 9/1 at the weekend and we're now 15/2 so the bookmakers think our chance of winning has improved by nearly 2%!
They're at an incredibly low ebb.....

They've no idea , none...

It's not happening.
Got an indoor netting session between 8-10pm.
Car radio turned to 'off'.
Warm bath and a Theakston's Old Peculiar (or two) before bed upon my return.
Silence is golden, ignorance is bliss, and tomorrow is not a given.
I am at peace.

utb
Trying the OP on Perfect Draft ...looking forward to it

Could be a good time to play them. Will be leggy after Sunday's shenanigans.

Just hope they didn't get the 'shoot on sight' fax from Burnley

im fascinated by whose going to be in goal tonight, as we've got 4 & could be any 1 of Grbic, Wes, Davies or Amissah 🤷‍♂️

but also this is going to be interesting game, because what happens when 2 teams that like to fall asleep or give up & let other teams back into games play each other

im fascinated by whose going to be in goal tonight, as we've got 4 & could be any 1 of Grbic, Wes, Davies or Amissah 🤷‍♂️

but also this is going to be interesting game, because what happens when 2 teams that like to fall asleep or give up & let other teams back into games play each other
I’ll get a game before Amissah does…..

In it for the little victories now. Couldn’t care less if we lose tbh, will osula goal, good performance from arblaster and brooks and I’ll be happy just need something positive to bring into next season

Back
Top Bottom