Wilders clough moment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thing is I’ve never wanted a manager/team to turn things around as much because of how well they’ve done to get here and last season but this season is diabolical I’ve seen a poor Blackpool in PL far far superior to us I feel for Wilder you can tell with his emotion but somethings got to change
Blackpool? Who got relegated after one season? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thanks Badge. If the demise started from here and this is the reason then the character of the team is weak. Everyone is entitled to be criticised if they don’t perform well at work. He didn’t single any one out and the only thing they could be slightly miffed about is saying that they are league 1 & championship players which from a motivational view I probably wouldn’t have used but it is true. I have thought long and hard trying to figure out what has happened and I think or suspect that after finishing so well last season they were expecting some kind of financial reward which didn’t materialise. Also because of CW’s refusal to break the wage structure it must be incredibly demotivating to walk out on to the pitch every week and know that your opposite number is earning 5/10/15k per week more than you. Lundstrum was the first to challenge this but I suspect this mood has also spread like a cancer throughout the squad. Also taking in to account poor recruitment (CW has proved a liability with money) investing in development players instead of established premier league quality (because of the wage structure) has cost us dearly. The stubbornness with team selection / recruitment etc. CW needs to learn from if he is to bring us back up and establish us in the premier league 2021/2022 season.
As many have said, it's obvious there is some malaise at the Lane. Haven't been able to put my finger on it but reading your post seems to me to be as near the reason as any, I can think of, or what others have suggested.
Sad if so, because if they are men, get in a room and have a good clear the air discussion/slagging match. Agree to differ and get on with building a legacy for the club, fans and themselves.
There was unity, till back end of last season, rebuild it by putting personal interests second, unite with the new recruits/players, then the general well being and hoped success will bring rewards for all.
UTB.

We need someone like big Sam whose Albion have just shipped 9 in two games
We're going down with Fulham and West Brom, who, regardless of the points, were clearly far worse than us 1 v 1.

I'm ok with that. We can outperform both of these next season and they'll be chopping and changing coaches no doubt.

Norwich will come up. Ideally Bournemouth and Watford though the more they stay down, as traditionally small clubs, not sure how they retain some of their talent.

Brentford could spoil that party and so could Swansea spring a surprise but there is nobody to fear from the league below only ourselves.

Defence will be more dominant at that level and I don't think we will lose any defenders. Forwards we will have proven operators at that level in Sharp, McGoldrick, McBurnie and Brewster. Bit of a coin toss if Mousse stays. This level was just a step too far or too early for a number of our forwards but they are still young.

Just fix that midfield. If we get back to dominating possession more than Fleck, Norwood, Freeman could be assets once more. I just fear the lack of althleticism in the Midfield. Questions on Berge staying but if he has high aspirations then he needs to be able to dominate at Championship level. Wonder if Coulibaly can get called up soon. He would add much needed athleticism.

Blades Chat. What a place.

From the tweets of players’ wives to a media interview given months ago. Both apparently key factors in unravelling the apparent mystery of why an underdog football team loses matches in the top division.

It’s intrigue to rival The Kardashians.

Back
Top Bottom