Wilder should be sacked. Here's why...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As Confucius said...

"When relegation is inevitable, lie back and enjoy it."

(Maybe we'll have a run in the FA Cup)
Read that a bit quickish Broomhill.
Penetration instead of relegation.

why?

what's sentimental about his record at numerous clubs and his 4.5 years here before our present dire situation?
Surely his record speaks for itself?

UTB
2/51 is a shit record.

It is clear we are in a crap situation. How confident that our current management can get us promoted again and compete at this level? My confidence is waning in truth. 🙁

The only rap Mousset is producing is in the word crap.
I was being sarcastic, which I hope you understood. For us Mousset provided some very much needed goals within a period of few months last season. Otherwise he seems to be wank.

2/51 is a shit record.

It is clear we are in a crap situation. How confident that our current management can get us promoted again and compete at this level? My confidence is waning in truth. 🙁

There isn't and never can be as we don't have a tardis.

How confident could anyone be by changing the manager with a list of managers, someone else posted, of Blackwell, Clough, Weir, Adkins plus other honest managers that meant well and delivered fuck all.

Wilder has a hsitory of building teams - let him try again at United

UTB

Cher featuring Chris Wilder & 'The Fanboys':

It's been total dog shite this season that's for sure and I get why some have had enough and want a change. That's only natural. But, I want CW being SUFC manager for a long time to come, and he gets my 100% backing still.
Do you think Cris has the appetite for it now ? seems broken to me

There isn't and never can be as we don't have a tardis.

How confident could anyone be by changing the manager with a list of managers, someone else posted, of Blackwell, Clough, Weir, Adkins plus other honest managers that meant well and delivered fuck all.

Wilder has a hsitory of building teams - let him try again at United

UTB
On the basis of this current team? 2/51?

But... can’t think who’d we bring in to rescue our current sinking ship.

Been through footballing shit times in the past, but never felt as sad as I did today watching that shit show.

What if he doesn’t change the system when we go down, in all the interviews I have seen he is happy with the system, says there’s nothing wrong with the system etc.
if he is seeing that who’s to say he doesn’t change it in the championship and we end up doing an Huddersfield or a Cardiff as they play the same hoof, or did should I say and that system has done naff all to get them back up.
great if we go back to playing with a number 10 and playing like we did last time we were there, but if he carries on with the shitty hoof system in the championship then coming straight back up ain’t gonna happen.....
I just hope if we do go down and we stick with cwak we revert it back to how we played in the first three years of his tenure.........
....UTB.....

You’re outnumbered pal and the Prince is on our side. Good luck.
I hope you're right, if your ambivalent message was about saying that I'm wrong in doubting CWAK will promote the club after one season in the Championship. I would so much like to be wrong in this one!

I'm afraid CW is more proven in lower league football, looks like that is his level

I do love these comments they are up there with “losing the dressing room”. You do actually realise at this moment in time “our level” is championship level don’t you it was last season but we massively over achieved probably due to one man.
So who do Sheffield United appoint who’s level is premier league level. I assume a manager who is premier league level will have either won it or for in the top 4 or kept their clubs in the league for a number of years on a shoestring. I think it’s about time some fans had a reality check we have been in the division one season, unfortunately for a number of reason covid, loss of players, reliable players losing form etc we are being shown up.
We won’t appoint a manger who’s level is premier league level so get that out of your heads it isn’t going to happen the same way we can’t buy players who a top premier league players.
It’s been an awful season and everyone at the club needs to shoulder some of the blame it’s as simple as that. But I firmly believe if we sack him we go on the merry go round of managers and end up a lower championship team or worse.

Oreyt HB. I could be totally wrong this time but can only say how I see it. Regards the Adkins stuff, tbf you were humble about that back then too which deserves respect.
Learned my lesson.. we not so apart in our current opinion.. (which of course, could undermine your entire point 😂)

I reckon to sack him it would cost us around £10m (maybe under) based on 3 1/2 years left on his contract. It’s a huge fee to pay out when we’re going to lose a lot of money next season anyway.

If we sack him we do it now and we rebuild now for next season in mind to regain momentum for the championship.

I reckon to sack him it would cost us around £10m (maybe under) based on 3 1/2 years left on his contract. It’s a huge fee to pay out when we’re going to lose a lot of money next season anyway.

If we sack him we do it now and we rebuild now for next season in mind to regain momentum for the championship.

Serious question who do we appoint and how do they build for next season?

If I was the owner right now I’d sack Wilder unfortunately. I think the only reason he’s still here is we can’t afford to. I worry for us going forward as I don’t think the Prince can afford this club and if we don’t go back up immediately will we be in a financial problem with our owners lack of funds and not many assets to sell.

Apart from Berge, hopefully Brewster, Egan and O’Connell I don’t know who’s worth more than £10m in our squad?

Are you factoring in the parachute payments in your thinking here?

he's had 1 good PL year and 1 bad (very) Pl year

Plenty of good years getting to that point.

#75%

UTB
Singing from the same page me 'n' thee Fulwood. Seen it over the years, this one reminds me of 74/5 followed by 75/6 and downwards from then.
This EPL is where the big boys are and the riches are enormous. Takes both to become established and the Blades could never really attract the big players. Money!
£100K /week for Hendo to stay for this year, and replacing JOC would take £30-£50million plus wages to replace. I fear he's the next Deano TC Kyles etc to go.
Blades rollercoaster. Buckle up.

You’re outnumbered pal and the Prince is on our side. Good luck.
As for the Prince, I'd hope he invest some real money into the club (now we're the f*cking poorest side in the league), And if he can't, then denounce his place in the Saudi monarchial family. I don't really care about an owner who's short of money to run a PL club, yet casts the shadow of okaying unimaginable, everday human-rights violation in his country. Perhaps the Prince will be overseeing ever so many beheadings soon, and that will bring some luck to SUFC?

What if he doesn’t change the system when we go down, in all the interviews I have seen he is happy with the system, says there’s nothing wrong with the system etc.
if he is seeing that who’s to say he doesn’t change it in the championship and we end up doing an Huddersfield or a Cardiff as they play the same hoof, or did should I say and that system has done naff all to get them back up.
great if we go back to playing with a number 10 and playing like we did last time we were there, but if he carries on with the shitty hoof system in the championship then coming straight back up ain’t gonna happen.....
I just hope if we do go down and we stick with cwak we revert it back to how we played in the first three years of his tenure.........
....UTB.....
All of a sudden the man who pissed the championship 2 years ago with a budget to only buy a bag of quavers and a penguin, won’t be able to do it again? The championship is shyte. This team could make the play offs playing everybody with 10 men.

You mean half a McBurnie, or £8m less than a wank goalkeeper?

I do love these comments they are up there with “losing the dressing room”. You do actually realise at this moment in time “our level” is championship level don’t you it was last season but we massively over achieved probably due to one man.
So who do Sheffield United appoint who’s level is premier league level. I assume a manager who is premier league level will have either won it or for in the top 4 or kept their clubs in the league for a number of years on a shoestring. I think it’s about time some fans had a reality check we have been in the division one season, unfortunately for a number of reason covid, loss of players, reliable players losing form etc we are being shown up.
We won’t appoint a manger who’s level is premier league level so get that out of your heads it isn’t going to happen the same way we can’t buy players who a top premier league players.
It’s been an awful season and everyone at the club needs to shoulder some of the blame it’s as simple as that. But I firmly believe if we sack him we go on the merry go round of managers and end up a lower championship team or worse.
I was talking about CW not the club. No one can argue that Chris has had more success at lower level. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh but his performance this season and last on recruitment has been staggeringly bad, we've finished up with a team that lacks pace, power and skill and would struggle in the Championship. This from a manager who has had more transfer money than any previous blades manager, I'm afraid I've lost confidence in him and the rest of the management team.

All of a sudden the man who pissed the championship 2 years ago with a budget to only buy a bag of quavers and a penguin, won’t be able to do it again? The championship is shyte. This team could make the play offs playing everybody with 10 men.
Not playing the shitty hoof they won’t, play like they did 2 years ago and I agree. Like I said in my post who’s to say we will. He can’t see anything wrong with the current system and that won’t get us back up......

I bet every single Championship club would take Wilder as manager next season, if they found themselves without one.

And that's what we'll be, so why wouldn't we have him?

He's always been hit and miss in the transfer market. Yes, he's signed some worldies but it's easy not to notice some of the guff he's signed when he's not spending any money. He can't get away with poor signings now he's spending the amounts he is doing on players. The list of questionable signings below illustrates that for every John Fleck, Mark Duffy, John Egan, JOC, there's one of the below.

Ricky Holmes
Ryan Leonard
Chris Hussey
Samir Carruthers
Lee Evans
Clayton Donaldson
James Wilson
Ched Evans
Kean Bryan
Marvin Johnson
Ben Woodburn
Conor Washington

If he can rebuild a squad to get us back up then great but the circumstances will be completely different next season to what they were last time we were in the Championship.
Think you’re being harsh on some of those. Besides the point, what manager gets every signing bang on? And who cares about a few players signed for peanuts underperform in the 3 years we saw us get 2 promotions? Some of the players signed have done it in the Championship before, as has Wilder, it’s not even a debate for me. I’m not as bothered as some about the style of which we go down. Didn’t Sunderland twice go down with record low points yet walk the Championship the following season?

Wilder should be sacked or come to a mutual decision to step down.

The main three reasons:

• Consistently wrong transfer business at Premier League level. These are not £500k’s we’re dealing with anymore, we are now talking hundreds of millions given to him in good faith with no tangible improvement to show for it. Not taking up the option of re-loaning Besic and allowing our only creative midfielder to go out on loan to Nottingham Forest were other really poor judgement calls. If that wasn’t enough, not bringing in a creative midfielder when it was clear to just about everybody that this was crucial. So it’s not just the players he signs that he gets wrong, it is the positions he chooses not to sign players for, and also the outgoings. It’s failure on all fronts. If it hasn’t already (and I think it has) this will put the club in a huge financial mess.

• Inability and refusal to plan for an introduction of a plan B when things go wrong. Horrid stubbornness.

• The above two points will probably lead to a single digit points tally. Someone else coming in may just give us enough of a refresh to make it a non-embarrassing relegation and set the scene for a promotion next season.

We can’t carry on with this wretched losing mentality. 2 points in 17 games, and that’s not including the end of last season obviously. We can no longer use sentiment in the position we’re in. We’re a football club and no man is above the club and its best interests.

But there does not have to be any anger towards Wilder. He will still go down in history for getting us to the Premier league from League one, but he is currently adding a tarnish to that status.

We cannot pretend that he is the man to keep us in and around that level when everything is suggesting that he is not. We’re no longer in underdog, build, climb-the-leagues mode. The premier league is not his bread and butter. For us to be back at this level and stay within the next few seasons, it’s time for that honest and respectful mutual realisation between him and the club.
Fair weather fan. If we were looking for a manager I’d choose Wilder. The tough times will end.

Back
Top Bottom