Why aren't we on the billionaires list?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bruce Wayne

Reaction score
Lets look at tonight's Championship so called big guns:

Fulham - London club, supported by Harrods and Hugh Grant but have wank support, scraped 18k tonight when on a glory run playing a play off contender.

Cardiff - Capital of Wales, on an amazing run looking at automatic promotion and scraped 16k tonight.

Don't get me started on Bournemouth, Watford, Huddersfield, Burnley, Palace, Stoke, Stoke etc.

Why aren't we an amazing opportunity?

Sheffield, no sea port or ship canal, no international airport, no fast rail or road link to Manchester and / or London.

It’s not just the football clubs that have struggled to attract investment It’s the city itself
Because stoke and Burnley, Watford and Bournemouth have all those thinks...excuse, it's more the reason that Mcabe doesn't want to sell, he's quite happy flogging our assets to keep us as a middle of the road club when we have the potential to be dare I say it, Massive! He will be the reason that Wilder walks, mark my words, and we'll lose him to a non descript club like Burnley or Bolton, or bloody Preston.

Mcabe needs to put up or bugger off and let this club flourish, we won't get another chance with the like of Wilder at the helm in our lifetimes.

Sheffield, no sea port or ship canal, no international airport, no fast rail or road link to Manchester and / or London.

It’s not just the football clubs that have struggled to attract investment It’s the city itself

Rail link is slower but the road link to London is faster than from Leeds, and the airport could grow. I can remember when there was sod all at LBA. Geographically Sheffield is well placed, especially being the gateway to the Peak District, that's a massive advantage over Leeds..

I think it could all change but at the moment there seems to be a lack of leadership holding it back. Pissing about spending on fancy gardens no one looks at down Snig Hill, talk of turning the iconic library into (yet another) hotel and building more student accommodation seems to be the thing. Sleeping giant run by donkeys.

Because stoke and Burnley, Watford and Bournemouth have all those thinks...excuse, it's more the reason that Mcabe doesn't want to sell, he's quite happy flogging our assets to keep us as a middle of the road club when we have the potential to be dare I say it, Massive! He will be the reason that Wilder walks, mark my words, and we'll lose him to a non descript club like Burnley or Bolton, or bloody Preston.

Mcabe needs to put up or bugger off and let this club flourish, we won't get another chance with the like of Wilder at the helm in our lifetimes.

Burnley don’t have millionaires in charge. Watford is basically London, Bournemouth is a retirement home for millionaires a stones throw from Gatwick

No thank you to the billionaires. I don't want my club to be called Steel City FC in five years time.

No thank you to the billionaires. I don't want my club to be called Steel City FC in five years time.
Aye, cos that's the first thing Abramovich did to Chelsea wasn't it. And Mansour to Citeh... and Demin to Bourmouth.... Brighton.... Liverpool.... Palace etc etc etc. Bleedin' cash rich bastards. Give me frugal Kev any day. I'm happy with us being bang average, me, I am....

What a load of bollocks.

If McCabe buggers off as you put it just who is going to inject the mountains of cash we need?

Burnley don’t have millionaires in charge. Watford is basically London, Bournemouth is a retirement home for millionaires a stones throw from Gatwick

Sure? Mike Garlick is thought to be worth £50m.

What a load of bollocks.

If McCabe buggers off as you put it just who is going to inject the mountains of cash we need?

I meant sell the club to someone who's willing to invest, there you go plain English for you.

If I were Kev i'd be asking for better sponsorship from the likes of McClaren or Boeing now they are moving into the city rather than a shit 2nd hand car dealer or a holiday company everyone has forgot about anything to raise the clubs profile with global names. Who the fuck outside of the UK has even heard of Sheffield United let alone thought of investing.

Fulham - London club, supported by Harrods and Hugh Grant but have wank support, scraped 18k tonight when on a glory run playing a play off contend

Cardiff - Capital of Wales, on an amazing run looking at automatic promotion and scraped 16k tonight.

Don't get me started on Bournemouth, Watford, Huddersfield, Burnley, Palace, Stoke, Stoke etc.

Look, ask anyone around here, I am the crazy idiot poster. Bournemouth, Southampton (*Portsmouth) Brighton. (south coast) Man city, Man United, Burnley, Liverpool, Everton (Lancashire) Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham, Palace, Watford* (London) West Brom, Stoke, Leicester (Midlands) Three out posts are Newcastle, Swansea, Huddersfield. Look mate perhaps after we get China town...

Fulham - London club, supported by Harrods and Hugh Grant but have wank support, scraped 18k tonight when on a glory run playing a play off contender.

I think it's more than a fair question.

Many other clubs of similar or lesser stature have attracted wealthier owners than ourselves.

It's catch 22 really.

The make up of our club is unlikely to attract a serious player but a significant proportion of our support like that because they're concerned about McCabe going.

The flipside is that this is possibly as good as it gets for us in the game today without serious investment. And with that comes risks that a significant proportion of our fanbase are concerned about.

It's all very Sheffield really, unsurprisingly.

Seriously though, Sheffield is sewn up, run by gangsters er I mean business men, the same guys who moved and sold coal in the miners strike, made them millions. Do I have names, yes, will it matter, no but it will make a good read.

Geography not your strong point Harry's Game? About the same distance from Sheffield to er Durham.

Should have been a fielder.

We aren’t in London

We have 2 owners which makes any purchase a lot more difficult.

Sheffield United F.C

There is something about this city that's not quite right. I've never been able to put my finger on it. We seem to have great ideas and intentions yet end up celebrating second best. It's more like a very large town than a city, maybe it's the geography which makes us feel small, I don't know. Either way, if I was an overseas investor looking to buy a Championship club, I think I would bypass Sheffield quite quickly.

I meant sell the club to someone who's willing to invest, there you go plain English for you.

Gotta love the word 'invest' read gamble.

Maybe some of these billionaires look at the likes of our neighbours and see that in football you can
loose 150 million in 3 years.

But because of the insane figures for players, fans say 50/100 million thats nothing, easily done - not their money.

Think 50/100 thousand of your own money, would you 'invest' that in your club ?

Thought not.

Yes, clearly happy losing a few million every year, tax fiddle I hear you say, of course, that has to be the reason even though facts in the public domain scrutinised by auditors, HMRC and the EFL show that to be a load of balls.

We've talked about our potential for years and it's based on our support, little else. Do you think without McCabe we'd have had the breaks the Pigs have had? Bank writing off debts etc? We'd have been in administration years ago. And to be honest, the day I suddenly want to emulate them, is the day I'll pack it in.

Yes, clearly happy losing a few million every year, tax fiddle I hear you say, of course, that has to be the reason even though facts in the public domain scrutinised by auditors, HMRC and the EFL show that to be a load of balls.

We've talked about our potential for years and it's based on our support, little else. Do you think without McCabe we'd have had the breaks the Pigs have had? Bank writing off debts etc? We'd have been in administration years ago. And to be honest, the day I suddenly want to emulate them, is the day I'll pack it in.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

Gotta love the word 'invest' read gamble.

Maybe some of these billionaires look at the likes of our neighbours and see that in football you can
loose 150 million in 3 years.

But because of the insane figures for players, fans say 50/100 million thats nothing, easily done - not their money.

Think 50/100 thousand of your own money, would you 'invest' that in your club ?

Thought not.

No matter how many times it's said, posted or whatever, some can't grasp the simple fact that without outside investment McCabe doesn't have the money anymore for the investment supporters want. But rather than accept this they harp on and on and invent these billionaires he won't sell to and quote he's happy to lose a few million every year. I bet he is.

You're the forum Grinch!

Spoiling everyone's conspiratorial fun with your logic and common sense.

Ultimately if we want to progress we do need a big cash investment, Kev is now 72 and probably needs to sell up and let someone else takeover. It's a shame the meeting was cancelled on Saturday morning as it would have been an update for everyone to hear what the latest position is for any takeover or investment

You're the forum Grinch!

Spoiling everyone's conspiratorial fun with your logic and common sense.

I took my lead this morning from the players getting off the coach at Fulham. Miserable faces to a man except for Billy who managed to raise a smile. Schoolboy Looks was that focused he tried to enter the ground via the "Coffee Cottage" cafe until helped to the larger gate by a kindly steward.

Ultimately if we want to progress we do need a big cash investment, Kev is now 72 and probably needs to sell up and let someone else takeover. It's a shame the meeting was cancelled on Saturday morning as it would have been an update for everyone to hear what the latest position is for any takeover or investment

He's 70 and says he's going nowhere. He's spending all his time ignoring billionaires phone calls offering him undreamed of riches.....

Back
Top Bottom