Virgil Van Dijk

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There's a few posters on here who would've liked to have been down on that pitch trying to swap Liverpool shirts.#

Arse lickers.

Van Dyk distribution was crap.

John Egan shoulders ahead.
What a tool 😂

Thought VVD was disappointing today given his rep, Oli was giving him a hard time all game. Overall Liverpool quite average - Leicester this season were far better for me.
You’ve got to be joking?

On what planet was VVD anything other than superb? Overall I’d agree with the Leicester comment.

Could play with a cigar in his gob. Even when he looks beat he somehow makes a recovery.
Looks so calm. Doesn’t rely on being pumped up like Terry or Vidic. He could play in flip flops.

He’s a class player but bloody hell he loves a whinge to the ref doesn’t he?
Lost a bit of respect for him the way he continuously complained about every decision rather than just a quick comment then getting on with it like 99% of players.

He’s a class player but bloody hell he loves a whinge to the ref doesn’t he?
Lost a bit of respect for him the way he continuously complained about every decision rather than just a quick comment then getting on with it like 99% of players.
Like it or not - That’s what goes on at the top level. We need to take note.

You’ve got to be joking?

On what planet was VVD anything other than superb? Overall I’d agree with the Leicester comment.

Slow to tackle, not controlling the average defenders around him, good vision and heading but not the Messi/Ronaldo level hype I was expecting. Wes Morgan is the best defensive performance ive seen this season at BDTBL and of course the Irishman last week.

Slow to tackle, not controlling the average defenders around him, good vision and heading but not the Messi/Ronaldo level hype I was expecting. Wes Morgan is the best defensive performance ive seen this season at BDTBL and of course the Irishman last week.
😂😂

Wes Morgan came off the bench ffs. Are you of this planet?

Last edited:
There's a few posters on here who would've liked to have been down on that pitch trying to swap Liverpool shirts.#

Arse lickers.

Van Dyk distribution was crap.

John Egan shoulders ahead.
heh van dyke was fucking magnificent .. sometimes you have to hold your hands up
#stay humble

Didn’t know before today if he was maybe slightly overhyped? Well that’s that idea fucked off.

Best centre half I’ve ever seen come to the Lane I think and thoroughly deserves the awards and plaudits he gets. What a sublime performance. Won absolutely everything, no one got past him, no one came close in truth. I’ve not seen a centre half so aerially dominant in a long time.

And I’ll tell you what, McBurnie gave him one hell of a game. He’s earned his money this week and been made to work hard for that clean sheet. Robinson gave him a worry as well. Proud as punch.
Immense. What a player.

If Maguire is worth 80 million .... how much is VVD?

Maguire is a great player, but VVD is on a whole other level.

That's one of the many differences between Liverpool and Man. U. For similar fees, Liverpool got a world-class player and Man. U. didn't. (Playing for England is nowhere near 'world class', and neither is Maguire).

I think peoe will look back and say he's the best there has ever been

He is the best defender on the planet at the moment. Hands down.

They are the best club side on the planet as well, yet despite that, the only thing between us today was a single mistake from our (otherwise excellent) goalkeeper. Shortly after that, he denied Mo Salah, 1 on 1. Not many keepers would do that.

Keep the faith guys. We won't stay up or go down on results against the likes of them. If we can play like that 50% of the time, we will stay up comfortably.

Didn’t know before today if he was maybe slightly overhyped? Well that’s that idea fucked off.

Best centre half I’ve ever seen come to the Lane I think and thoroughly deserves the awards and plaudits he gets. What a sublime performance. Won absolutely everything, no one got past him, no one came close in truth. I’ve not seen a centre half so aerially dominant in a long time.

And I’ll tell you what, McBurnie gave him one hell of a game. He’s earned his money this week and been made to work hard for that clean sheet. Robinson gave him a worry as well. Proud as punch.
Would be decent shout in January to compete with Bash?

Naaaaaaaa Billy would have fooked him in the ass if he was available !

Watch out he's back Next Match !
:shark:

As a general tactic, lumping every goal kick and defensive free kick up for McBurnie to compete with VVD was a somewhat questionable tactic. We had a better effect when Henderson just hit it into touch.
i was saying ‘hendo stop kicking it to van dyke’.. then i realised it was van dyke reacting to the kicks..

Reminded me of McGrath. Excellent.

That's exactly what I said today, like Paul McGrath but in the body of a superb athlete. He barely needed to move, his positioning was so good, but he could really cover ground when he had too. It was him that put Mane through wasn't it?

That's exactly what I said today, like Paul McGrath but in the body of a superb athlete. He barely needed to move, his positioning was so good, but he could really cover ground when he had too. It was him that put Mane through wasn't it?
I thought so. Whoever that was - incredible pass.

Had to be VVD for me - best defender display I can remember seeing at BDBL

Back
Top Bottom