U23s away at Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Really impressed with Tyler Smith when I watched him last season.....

In googling to find out Tyler’s contract situation (summer 2019 FYI) I came across the picture of his contract signing.

That picture of Stephen Quinn is the stuff of nightmares – it looks like he’s about to rip Geary’s face off.

Large

In googling to find out Tyler’s contract situation (summer 2019 FYI) I came across the picture of his contract signing.

That picture of Stephen Quinn is the stuff of nightmares – it looks like he’s about to rip Geary’s face off.

Large
Think Quinn's goal was our first goal against the pigs when we threw the 2-0 lead away

Good job it wasn't the first team. Letting a goal in like that - it would have been melt-down on here.

I've got high hopes for Tyler Smith.

After years of producing quality defenders, it seems as though we've a few strikers coming through the system.

Happy days!

So Smith coming off to save him for Friday..?

Large

I think it was directed at SemiPro, who he publicly blamed for setting back his career when he did nothing but Elpiton.

Isn't Tyler Smith a Blade too, along with quite a few other top prospects around this age; Slater etc?

We will be a team and club full of actual Blades soon.

Would love to see the final piece in the promotion jigsaw (a pacy striker )come through the academy and make the step up
Any chance the lad could make the bench this season ?

We want to produce quality in all positions, the positive is whilst CW is giving youth team players a chance we will start to attract good young players to the club knowing if they make the grade they will get first team football and not sent on loan to some nondescript 3rd division Belgium side

Isn't Tyler Smith a Blade too, along with quite a few other top prospects around this age; Slater etc?

We will be a team and club full of actual Blades soon.

Yes.

By my reckoning only 5 of the 16 in the squad aren't local but I stand to be corrected (Heneghan, Bennett, Thomas, Norrington-Davies, Parkhouse).

Good move to gain experience

larky you've said before that a lot of these lads have been playing together since they were seven such as Slater?, Semple? and Hallam? Is Tyler Smith part of this group or did he come in later?

larky you've said before that a lot of these lads have been playing together since they were seven such as Slater?, Semple? and Hallam? Is Tyler Smith part of this group or did he come in later?
Ty Smith, Callum Semple and Harvey Gilmour all went to Meadowhead together. All live within a mile of each other and have been at United since 7 years old.
Ty Smith got released at 13 and then resigned at 14.
Add Slater, Greaves and Hallam who have been there since 7 also and you have a bunch of lads that have represented the club at least 400 times each over the years.

Ty Smith, Callum Semple and Harvey Gilmour all went to Meadowhead together. All live within a mile of each other and have been at United since 7 years old.
Ty Smith got released at 13 and then resigned at 14.
Add Slater, Greaves and Hallam who have been there since 7 also and you have a bunch of lads that have represented the club at least 400 times each over the years.
Thanks larky. Smith showed some backbone battling his way back in.
Callum Semple was probably leading the pack in training with the first team when Wilder first came. Anyone got an update as to when his return might be?

Signed a two year contract back in June this year. I don't think it be long before Wilder considers him for the first team. Proven goalscorer at under 18's and under 23's. Can he make the step up???
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.th...nited-youngster-earns-top-marks-1-8581182/amp

My selfish, overriding consideration when I watch an U23 player is - "is he good to watch?"
Yes, Tyler Smith is good to watch. Difficult to say anything about him last night other than the stats. Binned off about 73 minutes, by which time, he'd scored three & set up two.
"Is he ready for the First Team squad, maybe on the bench one week?" - No, miles off. None of those strikers - Wright Jnr, Hallam, Parkhouse, Hirst, Smith, Greaves - are anywhere near good enough for First Team consideration as yet. They're kids in development.
"Will he ever make it to our, or anybodies, First Team?" - Don't know, I'm a football fan who likes a beer, not a Clairvoyant - I'll tell you what ..... I'll say No.
"Will any of them?" - I like players who have versatility, more than one string - I like Jordan Hallam - among other strengths, he is great with a dead ball, little things like that can set kids apart. He'll play League football, but I doubt with us.

Anyone going to our U23s v the pigs? Ticking Swillsborough off so a good opportunity to do it. Do you just rock up on the day?

Anyone going to our U23s v the pigs? Ticking Swillsborough off so a good opportunity to do it. Do you just rock up on the day?
I'm afraid I won't be doing that one (7 November, 7pm). I'll be on Winter Break.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. But, I'll say yes - you just rock up on the day. When First Team grounds host U23 games, it's normal for just one side of the ground to be open, just a couple of turnstiles, admission will be £3 or £4 quidish for adults, sometimes the Bovril & pie bit will be open, sometimes not. Does that cover it?

I'm afraid I won't be doing that one (7 November, 7pm). I'll be on Winter Break.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. But, I'll say yes - you just rock up on the day. When First Team grounds host U23 games, it's normal for just one side of the ground to be open, just a couple of turnstiles, admission will be £3 or £4 quidish for adults, sometimes the Bovril & pie bit will be open, sometimes not. Does that cover it?

I think it was directed at SemiPro, who he publicly blamed for setting back his career when he did nothing but Elpiton.

Is that the same "SemiPro" who against all the odds took over a club who was in freefall under Robson and dragged us kicking and screaming to within 90 minutes of getting back to the top flight with some proper back to basics football.

I don't understand your mentality, the football might not have been the most attractive to watch under Blacky but it still got the results. I still maintain if he had the backing he would have taken us up, and would have been managing in the top flight. He reminded me a lot of Tony Pulis and his record isn't too shabby is it?

Is that the same "SemiPro" who against all the odds took over a club who was in freefall under Robson and dragged us kicking and screaming to within 90 minutes of getting back to the top flight with some proper back to basics football.

I don't understand your mentality, the football might not have been the most attractive to watch under Blacky but it still got the results. I still maintain if he had the backing he would have taken us up, and would have been managing in the top flight. He reminded me a lot of Tony Pulis and his record isn't too shabby is it?
His glittering career since then has certainly demonstrated his similarities to Pulis.

Only in S2 ;)o_O:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom