TUESDAY'S GAME

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

peniblade

Reaction score
Following the 4-5 score the following statistics are revealing:-

1. United have never been involved in a League Game with a score of 4-5 before. However we lost 4-5 to Notts County on 13/8/77 in a Home Match in the Anglo Scottish Competition.

2. Last time United won a League Match at home by 5-4 was against Brighton 9/9/89 in Division 2.

3. Last team to score 5 goals in a League Game at Bramall Lane was Oldham on 2/1/88 in Division 2 and it was Billy McEwan's last game as Manager as he resigned after the game.

Someone might correct me but it looks like the last time a Blades player and an opponents player both scored hat-tricks in the same game was 7th September 1929 v Leicester away 3-3. Dunne scored ours and Chandler for Leicester.

Later that season we lost at home to Blackburn 7-5 with Dunne scoring a hat-trick for us, but there's no mention of a Rovers players scoring 3.

Following the 4-5 score the following statistics are revealing:-

1. United have never been involved in a League Game with a score of 4-5 before. However we lost 4-5 to Notts County on 13/8/77 in a Home Match in the Anglo Scottish Competition.

2. Last time United won a League Match at home by 5-4 was against Brighton 9/9/89 in Division 2.

3. Last team to score 5 goals in a League Game at Bramall Lane was Oldham on 2/1/88 in Division 2 and it was Billy McEwan's last game as Manager as he resigned after the game.

When was the last time a Utd player scored a hat trick and we lost??

I don’t know the answer btw !!

Only one manager has been able to get us to score more than 4 goals in a league match at home in the past 10 years.

Danny Wilson in 2012.

Last time a United player scored two hat tricks within 17 days and 3 league matches? Never, I presume, in fact any player for any club in english league football? It's quite an achievement, 3 in 4 league matches tomorrow?

Off topic I once saw Christian Vieri score 4 for Atletico Madrid in a 5-4 defeat! Now that's a bitter pill to swallow.
I once played a game of football at cubs where I scored all four goals to put my side 4-0 up, a kid on the other side then scored five and it finished 5-4!

Last time a United player scored two hat tricks within 17 days and 3 league matches? Never, I presume, in fact any player for any club in english league football? It's quite an achievement, 3 in 4 league matches tomorrow?
I think Deano scored a hatrick against Burnley in an FA cup replay at turf moor
Followed it up with 3 against Ipswich at
Bramall lane ,Silent will be able to confirm or throw it in the bin if I'm wrong.

Off topic I once saw Christian Vieri score 4 for Atletico Madrid in a 5-4 defeat! Now that's a bitter pill to swallow.
Denis Law scored 6 goals for Man City in a FA Cup match against Luton but his team lost the tie! City were winning 6-1 when the game was abandoned and Luton won the re-arranged match by 3-1

I think Deano scored a hatrick against Burnley in an FA cup replay at turf moor
Followed it up with 3 against Ipswich at
Bramall lane ,Silent will be able to confirm or throw it in the bin if I'm wrong.
Not league games though finlay, do keep up, but I appreciate your efforts :)

Denis Law scored 6 goals for Man City in a FA Cup match against Luton but his team lost the tie! City were winning 6-1 when the game was abandoned and Luton won the re-arranged match by 3-1

Picking your brain here Silent, but do those 6 goals get counted in the records for the player in these circumstances or are they nullified? Interested to know.

[QUOTE blade too long, post: 1526358, member: 4665"]if he gets a hat trick itll be 10 in 3 games

be hard to find a player who scored 10 in 3 games for us[/QUOTE]
No it wont be 10 in 3! You have forgotten Burton or not counted tomorrow either way no it wont

A player called Billy Minter scored 7 goals in an FA Cup game for St Albans but unfortunately his team lost 8-7 to Dulwich Hamlet.

upload_2017-11-24_23-47-40.jpeg

No wonder he looks pissed off!

A player called Billy Minter scored 7 goals in an FA Cup game for St Albans but unfortunately his team lost 8-7 to Dulwich Hamlet.

View attachment 33640

No wonder he looks pissed off!
Reminds me of something you would see in an old Roy of the Rovers annual. Amazing stories of the FA Cup! Then a picture of Roys face grinning with a speech bubble saying "no wonder he looks pissed off!"

Back
Top Bottom