Transfer Budget...................£20m

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Too many people like to denigrate the club they claim to support at every opportunity. It happens I’m afraid.

Too many people throw around the £170m figure when the actual guaranteed figure for the season is about £95m. £170m depends on relegation and two subsequent seasons in the Championship. Still, if it’s in the Daily Mail and moanworthy it’s likely to be true...
There's my point say you roughly get £95 million, are we going to spend half of that on fees alone? Can't see it myself.

No but McCabe being McCabe, he thought £10 mil was enough last time around!
Yes but unfourtanatley the premier league is a different kettle of fish to the championship.
£20 million just won't be enough to keep us up.

The Premier League was a different world last time round. KM knows that very well.

There's my point say you roughly get £95 million, are we going to spend half of that on fees alone? Can't see it myself.

It wasn’t your point. You said £170m. You want to simply throw someone else’s money at it? There’s ambition and there’s recklessness. We have plenty of the former as evidenced by our position in the Premier League. You should be delighted rather than peddling the same old tiresome agenda against the Chairman who has worked tirelessly and spent a fortune to keep our club afloat. He has to deal with financial reality whilst you and others play fantasy football, lazily state wholly inaccurate figures ((£170m) and take Daily Fucking Mail guesswork as the gospel truth.

We will spend more than £20m this season. A lot more. The wage bill will increase dramatically. Daft fans will still moan.

It wasn’t your point. You said £170m. You want to simply throw someone else’s money at it? There’s ambition and there’s recklessness. We have plenty of the former as evidenced by our position in the Premier League. You should be delighted rather than peddling the same old tiresome agenda against the Chairman who has worked tirelessly and spent a fortune to keep our club afloat. He has to deal with financial reality whilst you and others play fantasy football, lazily state wholly inaccurate figures ((£170m) and take Daily Fucking Mail guesswork as the gospel truth.

We will spend more than £20m this season. A lot more. The wage bill will increase dramatically. Daft fans will still moan.
I knew full well you dont get 170 million in one go, and no I don't want to blow vast sums of money we don't have.
I personally think we'll spend 20-25 million in the summer, and if so my opinion is it won't be enough.

Given that the squad / management will all be on a pay rise which will increase the budget by what £5-£10M ? We're going to need 2/3 quality players so that's going to cost at least £40M you'd think so I'd be amazed if we can get away with less than £50M.

Hopefully! It's worrying that McCabe sees 20 million as a healthy budget for the premier league!
Also what else is worrying is the likes of stoke and Middlesbrough have spent a lot more than that trying to get out of the championship, obviously getting them nowhere.
To be honest, we spent far more trying to get out of the Championship under Robson than we did trying to stay in the Prem.

I knew full well you dont get 170 million in one go, and no I don't want to blow vast sums of money we don't have.
I personally think we'll spend 20-25 million in the summer, and if so my opinion is it won't be enough.

You may be right and I agree that if that's all we spend for the season it wouldn’t be enough, but there are two transfer windows. It was our failure in January that relegated us last time. We must make adequate provision this time.

£20 million would buy us £80 million pounds worth of players this summer. If we’re talking £20 million on players that would cost about £5 million this summer. I think we’ll spend somewhere in between these figures.

There were a few posts from sensible posters breaking down where the 80- 100 million guaranteed money will go this season just after promotion was assured ,a sizeable chunk will be set aside for things like improved facility's and ground improvements and the rest going to the first team

I think it's going to be between 20 and 50 million with the wage bill likely to be around the 40 -50 million mark

In one hand out the other

My guess is that the budget is in the region of 25 million , but I’m sure I heard Steven Bettis say that it is flexible and when reality sink in , we are going to blow the budget and overspend and my estimate plucked out of thin air without the slightest knowledge is around 36million.

The Daily Mail reporter is Charles Jones...he's done nothing but slag us Blades off for beating Leeds twice..1...Winning at Elland Rd..!!!....and 2...for going up in the top 2.!!!! i think Bielsa has bunged him a few grand to cause as much trouble as possible within our fan base...and it's worked ffs.!!!!

The daily mail reference speaks volumes regarding its credibility (£20m figure). A smart chairman would have learned from his past mistakes and the errors of fulham's approach. Over and over again Chrissy Wilder has proven me wrong with transfers, hence him being a premier league manager and i have been sacked by yeovil on championship manager

According to the star....

“sources close to United last night insisted Maupay and McBurnie should fit within their budget”

We are going to be very lucky of staying in the PL more than one season that is for sure.!!

The budget isn't capped. Wilder will be sensible and get value as always but if he needs additional funds he can have them so long as it doesn't exceed £19.50.

Was holidaying at the weekend with a few lads who know an ex player from the 90s. Local lad. Reckons budget is a lot nearer 50m than 20m..

Won't name names like

Was holidaying at the weekend with a few lads who know an ex player from the 90s. Local lad. Reckons budget is a lot nearer 50m than 20m..

Won't name names like

WTF?

Can't be reyt..................................can it?

Bowled over if we had that sort of budget to blow. Not that CW would blow it as such. I think we all trust him to make good use of whatever the budget may be

Back
Top Bottom