Transfer Budget...................£20m

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade58

Once a Blade, always a daft ****
Reaction score

"Ownership squabbles have ended up in court and left United's spending plans uncertain. Suffice to say, Wilder is likely to get a similar budget to Norwich, around £20million."

Just speculation.

Wilder build a premier league side on Less than 8m (and a positive net spend).

I’m sure he could still do some damage with that budget. Even if ideally you’d hope for a bit more to allow for a few more high end signings

Genuinely not even a rumour.

An opinion prefix is needed.

Disgraceful if true - but hopefully it’s wrong. Although with our pathetic owners I wouldn’t say I’m confident it’s fake news.

If it is £20m I would suggest that some of the transfer listed players will be staying, we will be looking for bargain freebies and lower end Championship players.....if the £20m includes wages and agents fees then that would be swallowed up by McBurnie alone....£12m fee and £40K per week over 3 years is the guts of £20m....game over!

This £20m is based on absolutely fuck all by the way and the guy who runs that news site should know better.

This is all it says in the Mail:

HOW MUCH MONEY DO THEY HAVE TO SPEND
Ownership squabbles have ended up in court and left United's spending plans uncertain. Suffice to say, Wilder is likely to get a similar budget to Norwich, around £20million.

It's not bollocks though is it.

Norwich have announced they have 20m to spend.... Wilder has said we'll have similar to Norwich.

Doesn't take a fekkin genius to come up with the story.

So we get £100m minimum for this season and we spend only £20m ?

What is the other £80m going towards - seriously?

I would expect the transfer budget could safely be £40m and that would leave £60m with taking into account everything else in the running, upgrading and ownership wrangling of the club.

Wilder made a throwaway comment about a budget 'similar to Norwich' and too many people have ran with it.

Could it be a classic deflection technique? We don’t really want anyone knowing - or even guessing - what our actual budget is, do we? Much better to throw people off the scent by saying it’s similar to Norwich’s budget...innit?

Could it be a classic deflection technique? We don’t really want anyone knowing - or even guessing - what our actual budget is, do we? Much better to throw people off the scent by saying it’s similar to Norwich’s budget...innit?

What motivation do Norwich even have to announce their budget.......

Other than by 'announcing' £20m they put themselves in a stronger negotiating position. "We're skint..."

By saying we'll have the same, we're doing the same.

rubbish budget when getting 100 million plus for going up

Everyone is guessing. It will be more than £20m I’m quite certain. You need that to buy two players capable of playing in the PL including wages. Not a chance it’s £20m. Rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom