The only table that matters to us this season ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Deano played in most of those 16 games when we failed to win.

He played in them all: he was ever present, scoring 13 goals, including 4 of the 7 we managed in the 16 game run.

I can't see our strikers scoring 13 between them.

Who's going to step up this season?

'Ahmed Hegazi has joined Al-Ittihad on loan from West Brom until the end of the season, when he will sign a permanent deal with the Saudi club. '

WBA fans seem to be gutted he's gone and now they'll have to play Bartley.

Blackburn
Birmingham
Bolton
Cardiff
Coventry
Charlton
Crystal Palace
Forest
Fulham
Leeds
Middlesbrough
Norwich
Portsmouth
Swansea
Stoke
Sunderland
Watford
West Brom
Wednesday
Wolves

In my lifetime all these teams have done better than us.

They've all either had more seasons in the Premier League than us, played in Europe or reached a major cup final.
I'm not a Sheffield United supporter but out of all those I think I'd only look at Wolves and Leeds (sorry) as maybe better at the moment.

I'm not a Sheffield United supporter but out of all those I think I'd only look at Wolves and Leeds (sorry) as maybe better at the moment.
Absolutely.

My point was that PeterNdlovu081 seems to prefer the Icarus approach. I can see the attraction but is it better to have won and lost with little, if any, chance of winning again or to be building towards having a chance of winning in the future?

Oh well back to watching the other teams in our league

Burnley 15:00 Chelsea today

Tottenham Hotspur 19:15 Brighton & Hove Albion Sunday

Fulham 17:30 West Bromwich Albion Monday

After watching the game tonight, I'd be shocked in WBA get into double figures. A team of talented young players who are paper thin and just look like Championship side. They had zero going forward and relied on mistakes. At the back they're all over the shop. The midfield is lightweight. I'd be shocked if they don't finish bottom.

Fulham, have some good attacking players but look like a group of players and not a team. They will score a few goals but not convinced that defence will keep too many clean sheets. The best they'll do will stay up after a relegation scrap. I still think they'll go down but they'll get a few results from teams.

Brighton v Burnley 17.30 Friday

I think a draw would be best , a Brighton win may be as we can can still concentrate on the bottom 4 as 17th is all that’s required, not a Burnley win though.

The reason why teams are at the bottom of any division is that they can not win, Brighton should have won they were all over Burnley.
Another good result for us, both these teams have top of the table teams playing them after the international break so hopefully we might make a bit of progress after the break.

I'm not too concerned about mini leagues. We're going down this season because we're not better than 3 others.

I'm not too concerned about mini leagues. We're going down this season because we're not better than 3 others.
We’re not down yet mate, lots of points to play for , players to return, and hopefully one young striker to find his feet .

Games until Christmas. Brighton are a step above imo

United

WBA (A)
LEI (H)
SOU (A)
MAN U (H)
BRI (A)

Burnley

CRY (H)
MAN C (A)
EVE (H)
ARS (A)
AVL (A)
WOL (H)

Fulham

LEI (A)
MAN C (A)
LIV (H)
BRI (H)
NEW (A)

WBA

SHF U (H)
CRY (H)
NEW (A)
MAN C (A)
AVL (H)

I can't see any of the 4 teams getting up to double figures by Christmas.

Absolute nonsense. After 5 games last season Wolves were in 19th place - only missed out on European qualification by a whisker; and Newcastle were in 18th - admittedly not a memorable season for them but they spent most of it in lower mid table and never truly in a relegation scrap. As Roygbiv points out, Bournemouth were 9th and Norwich were 13th at this stage.

Not saying teams in the bottom 5 don't end up getting relegated, but just 5 games is much too soon to be talking like this.
Still absolute nonsense beans ?

Burnley 1 Crystal Palace 0

Fook me were going to finish bottom of our mini league 😭

I reckon Burnley and WBA will both be on 9 or 10 points at Christmas. Fulham still on 4 and United still on 1.

I said weeks ago that we shouldn't pin any hopes on Burnley being in the relegation picture. Although racked by injuries to start the season, they're getting a few back now. They have an excellent defence and the best goalkeeper in the league, and a set of strikers in Wood, Barnes, Rodriguez and Vydra that is more than capable of firing them to mid-table.

Moreover, they have a system that they trust and which they seek to impose even on the teams that you supposedly can't go toe-to-toe with. Hence they can get results like the draw at Anfield or win at Old Trafford, last season.

Dyche hasn't panicked. He buckled down after the early defeats by firstly concentrating on making them harder to beat. They now have 3 clean sheets in the last 5, and with today's win they're off and running. They'll be absolutely fine.

Still absolute nonsense beans ?
I stand by my nonsense claim! Just look at how Brighton are nearly out of that mini league, and i wouldn't be surprised if by new year Leeds and Newcastle are in more of a relegation battle than the Seagulls. My point is that 5 games is too early to make such sweeping claims as that the results of the 4 teams around us are the only ones that matter for the whole season.

FWIW i am still confident we will stay up comfortably. Never mind doing a "Derby 2008" I think we'll do a "Southampton 2020". Though even i have to admit that last Saturday's result has rocked my conviction a bit. Would help if we could get Ings on loan :oops:

I stand by my nonsense claim! Just look at how Brighton are nearly out of that mini league, and i wouldn't be surprised if by new year Leeds and Newcastle are in more of a relegation battle than the Seagulls. My point is that 5 games is too early to make such sweeping claims as that the results of the 4 teams around us are the only ones that matter for the whole season.

FWIW i am still confident we will stay up comfortably. Never mind doing a "Derby 2008" I think we'll do a "Southampton 2020". Though even i have to admit that last Saturday's result has rocked my conviction a bit. Would help if we could get Ings on loan :oops:
For the record, i publicly admit that at least three of the predictions in this post look like dogshit just now.

Not looking great is it?

Leicester 0-2 Fulham (74mins)

Leicester will be chomping at the bit to beat us next if they lose this.

We all know the stat about the team being bottom of the EPL at Christmas always gets relegated.

Only three teams have bucked the trend since the EPL began. It would be a miracle if we became the fourth, and that is what it would take, and what we would need, an absolute miracle.

Fulham result was very bad for us Leicester are going to be really up for it I fear 5-0 or 6-0. Burnley have a "Get out of jail" free card if they win their game in hand too.
All for being positive and still a long way to go but realistically its not looking good.

On the bright side bottom 3 teams often do well in the FA Cup ! :)

and I though wavy-blade was daft posting this, we'd play the power teams then turn the corner.

Back
Top Bottom