The Mighty Blades v Derby County - 26/08/2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not_a_Cheat

Reaction score
So, for the 3rd successive match we're at BDBL, with the visit of Derby County this afternoon. Has the makings of a good match, and yet again will offer a good insight into how we are progressing. They made 10 changes mid-week in the cup, but like ourselves are likely to return their previous weekends line-up as far as possible....

Anyway...

Any team news? :)

Evans replacing Clarke?

Cameron Carter-Vickers an immediate starter?

Otherwise same line-up as against Barnsley?

Or time for Brooks?

Should be an excellent following from Derby, and another great attendance likely. They've started the season solidly enough, and think this will be an extremely tough match. That said, I'll take a repeat of last Saturdays result, preferably with 11 of our players remaining on the pitch :) So it's a 1-0 Blades win for me.......

UTB

Biggest test for us so far at BDBL, first really established Championship side to visit us. Would love another Billy 1-0 but my guts say 1-1
UTB

I doubt the newbie will start. Suppose it depends on Jake being fit enough. Same as Barnsley for me but with Brooks given a start up front.

A draw today wouldn't be a terrible result. You never know with Derby, they're always threatening to be good but often let down.....

Just fucking win!!!!!!!!!!
COYRAWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every bit as tough as Boro and perhaps Cardiff but our home support should help and I can see us getting something today.

The lack of fire power could do for us today, very disappointing that we weren't able to get another forward in,.

Fear a 0-2 reversal here unless we are very very switched on at the back, going to need the crowd behind the lads today.

I'm hoping they don't exploit our system like they did with Boltons.

Having said that Bolton do look shite.

As Ricky said, this will be a good litmus test.

Looking forward to it today. Nice sunny day and a big crowd. I am interested to see if our home advantage can carry us through tougher tests like this.

Always enjoyed the visit of Derby over the years and it has to be said they've had some good sides historically. I'm going for hard earned a score draw

and who can forget the 'pop-side' for us old 'uns ;)

Blades will be no lower than 7th if they win today! Potentially 6th if Middlesboro and PNE draw.
However, I think this has 0-0 written all over it unfortunately.
Apart from Billy, we can't be confident of anyone scoring and if he's playing on his own upfront, which is likely, he will struggle unless we get the wingbacks flying in low crosses for him to get on the end of.
Despite two wins under our belt, we are the lowest scorers in the division at the moment. Not usual for a Wilder team.
The weakness in our squad strength is showing after just a few games - two loanees in already to help bolster the team. Injuries, suspension and lack of fitness are worrying traits that we didn't seem to suffer from very often last season.
What is happening behind the scenes with recruitment seems a mystery at the moment - but something needs to be done urgently.
The defence in general - when Coutts and Fleck are in front of them - have stood up pretty well to the high standard thrown at them.
Two clean sheets at home, only away have they been exposed a little, but by two very good teams who will be up there at the end of the season.
Derby, looking like an improving team, good manager, well balanced, lacking a bit of attacking aggression at the moment, will result in our defence holding firm (hopefully), our attack too depleted to really trouble them.
Please prove me wrong Blades, sneak a goal or two, J O'C maybe....
Would love to see us in 6th tonight at 5.00pm.

This is going to be a tough game but a good indicator on progress so far!. Lack of goals is a worry but tufty will get it sorted eventually!!. I'm going for a 1-1 draw. COYRAWW!!!!. Utb

Our home performance is fine. Billy Sharp is an important factor. Difficult match, good luck!

Reactions: Dkc
This is what it's all about now.

We've played the reaching-for-the-skies types, we've played the basement-dwellers.

Now we get to go toe-to-toe with the division's meat and potatoes.

Today'll start to tell us where we are in relation to about 12th/13th place.

If Derby County are meat and potatoes what were Barnsley? Hedgehog in clay?

Baldock must be the one who picked up a knock then. Not even on the bench . Very tough game today

Interesting decision.

I thought Lavery put a good shift in against Leicester. We need him to close their defenders down and enact a high pressing game like we started against Barnsley.

This must be Wilders way of ensuring we don't over pressure Brooks, thought he was nailed on for a start. I imagine he also wanted to get two up front so they can't pass it around at the back willy nilly.

excellent stuff, halfway to a job very well done, great team effort and i don't like to single anyone out after after such a good team display, but fuck me paul coutts!!!! and to be fair at the minute i'd probably let him

Limiting Derby to chances on the break, but they look pretty good at that. Two absolute gifts (probably the own goal of the season) but you can't really say it's an undeserved lead.

Wonder if anybody else has had 4 goals disallowed for offside in the first 5 games

Only one of which actually looked offside

Back
Top Bottom