The Mighty Blades v Barnsley 19/08/2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not_a_Cheat

Reaction score
Well it's back to BDBL for the visit of our South Yorkshire 'rivals' :) Barnsley. Sure to arrive with a good following, and have had a steady enough start to the new season - albeit only turning one of those games into a victory. As we've played three teams likely to be challenging for promotion, it's a bit too early to try to compare where each team are in terms of quality, but today gives us that chance. Again should a very good crowd, and though the home games are the ones we need to be winning, this is not a match to be taken lightly.

Anyway....

Any team news?

Ched probably starting?

Brooks a 'full' league debut?

Who comes in for Stearman?

Brayford seemingly heading out the door?

I think, at home, we should have enough to be beating a side who is expected to struggle. But both teams are keen to register points on the board in these type of games, so will be no easy task. I'm hopeful though, and I think a 3-1 Blades win will calm those (minority) who seem to already be raising questions (which is rediculous in my opinion at this stage). Ched goal and a Sharp double :)

UTB

Today's result could shock McCabe into selling.

Edit, for clarification I mean the club not the players, hes sold those that would command a fee, we would buy one PL players left foot for the total value of our squad.

A six point game so early in the season,i think it is.

Be nice to hammer the dingles.
bangin.gif

The game is remembered for three disallowed goals,10 yellow cards,2 red cards,1 penalty,and 4 goals.
wacko.png

Do you think we'll see the cobwebs from McCabes wallet if today goes south ?

Has all the feelings of a 'must not lose' game. It's so important we pick up regular points at home and even more so against teams that will be around us in the league. A draw wouldn't be a disaster but obviously a win would go a long way here.

We must not be over confident as, not onky are Barnsley a team expected to struggle but, some would have us believe that we will struggle also. Let's make sure by a great performance, that we quieten some of those doubters. I think maybe 2 - 1 to the mighty Blades with goals from Duffy and Evans.

Agree a draw wouldn't be a disaster but really it's a vital game that we must win to calm the nerves.

Last season we had vital pressure home games with big crowds against Bolton and Scunthorpe
And for a a change we didn't buckle under pressure and played really well with loads of positivity, no cagey Nigel Clough type tactics.

So I'm expecting that CW will again have us quickly out of the blocks and we put in our best performance of the season to date.
I'm expecting a 2-1 Blades win too.

To much ale last night, I'm shaking like a shitting dog, still, it's match day, morning brew and some toast, then hair of the dog, and on to BDTBL to see us bag some points from the webbed feet fuckers that Wendy share a town with!!!
Headache or not, I hope it's bouncing again today boys!! Let's give em a day to remember!, and just for the reason they get to kiss their sisters in public cos their in a different town!!
COYRAWW!!!!!!!

Think we will have enough to get past these but it will be tough.
Either way, I will be soaking up the sights and sounds from the BL upper for the first time ever.
Can't wait, COYRAWW!!!!!!!!!!!

Could really do with an early goal to settle the nerves and give the boys confidence

A bit early to call it a six pointer, however we have two home games in a row now and we really need to win at least one of them or we are going to be in a bit of early trouble.

Today my heart says narrow victory but my head says draw or narrow defeat,

A bit early to call it a six pointer, however we have two home games in a row now and we really need to win at least one of them or we are going to be in a bit of early trouble.

Today my heart says narrow victory but my head says draw or narrow defeat,

My head says victory but my heart says, lud-dup, lud-dup, lud-dup.

Sharp and Clarke upfront again, wonder if Wilder is trying to push this partnership, they haven't done enough for me and I can only think Ched is not starting because he isn't ready for a full 90 minutes yet. Also feel Lavery should make the bench, he has one thing that we lack, PACE.

get the fuck in, looking very lively today, keep it up we could give these a hiding

Sharp and Clarke upfront again, wonder if Wilder is trying to push this partnership, they haven't done enough for me and I can only think Ched is not starting because he isn't ready for a full 90 minutes yet. Also feel Lavery should make the bench, he has one thing that we lack, PACE.

They have been the best players so far. Duffy making a difference with his creativity.

Clarke's hold up play has been excellent.

look a different side with the full backs getting forward, didn't risk it often enough in the away games, enda looking much better today

We have pressed them into the ground like we did teams last season, much better to see. Blackman had nothing to do.

Both players deserved to be off. Idiots.

Sending off could be a blessing (I will regret saying that) Cheds way into the team and they're gonna have to sacrifice a forward

yep idiots the pair of them, now is your chance mr evans, time to make yourself undroppable

when was our last sending off before today?? did we have any last season??

It's a great shame though because up to that point Clarke was outstanding.

Still 1-0.

It's been very similiar to most matches last season, we are dominating possession with some beautiful 1 touch passing. Just seems only a matter of time before we score. Blackman hasn't had 1 save to make because Barnsley have looked really really poor. I think the inclusion of Duffy has been key and we look a class above Barnsley.

The only negative is that it's only 1-0 and we should really be killing the game off but the final pass or cross just lacks pin point quality.

Still 1-0.

It's been very similiar to most matches last season, we are dominating possession with some beautiful 1 touch passing. Just seems only a matter of time before we score. Blackman hasn't had 1 save to make because Barnsley have looked really really poor. I think the inclusion of Duffy has been key and we look a class above Barnsley.

The only negative is that it's only 1-0 and we should really be killing the game off but the final pass or cross just lacks pin point quality.

How much of a difference has Wright made?

Back
Top Bottom