Surely The Board Can Fund Brewsters Deal £18m Over a Period - Or is Examiner Live **** Stirring

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bucksblade

Reaction score
Reading the Examiner live article on Liverpool growing frustrated with Blades even though alleged £18m
could be over a period favourable to united makes me wonder if the board is so strapped for dosh or if the Leeds based
Examiner press have a biased motive to create unwelcome pressure.

Yorkshire and Examiner Live have mostly been favourable to united over first Prem season but with Leeds in ascendency
i smell some agenda creeping in. Based on the money involved and how good Brewster is supposed to be surely
it is a no brainer to buy him so why the delays and uncertainty.

I wouldn’t be totally convinced as to how could Brewster is.

I’ve nothing to suggest he wouldn’t be a good investment by the way but he still fits firmly into the unproven category for me. His career has only just started and Wilder will have a valuation based on potential versus risk.

The only way to definitively answer that question is if we were privy to Uniteds finances, which obviously none of us are.

Usually with Wilder, it’s not about how much we can afford but how much we think the player is worth and whether what we are getting is value for money. The interesting thing with the Brewster transfer is, Wilder appears to be growing increasingly frustrated by the lack of movement to get a striker in. This to me would suggest there’s a snag somewhere in terms of funds being released in order to complete the transfer or the goalposts are being moved in terms of what Liverpool/the player/the agent wants.

I think what might be telling is that the transfer is clearly doable still as normally Wilder will have moved on to other targets by this point. Which is probably where the frustration is coming from.

I think today's comments from wilder says it all

I notice from there article there's NOTHING mentioned regarding the buy back clause they're been insisting on.

What if the buy back is something daft like 20-25m!

I think today's comments from wilder says it all
I agree he sounds really down beat and frustrated which is not like him saying he has done all he can it is now down to those upstairs as if he is really pissed off .Liverpool seem to be getting pissed off with the saga to.Time for Villa to step in i think.Liverpool have really tried to get the deal done according to Yorkshire live by telling the Blades they are willing to defer payments to suit the Blades yet they have not heard back from them.

The board/princey need to pull there finger out signing a striker which we have needed all summer and known all last year a striker would be NO1 Target in the transfer window

Now it is far more important as moose is injured and we are staring down a relegation battle if we dont get quality up front

If CW wants to sign brewster as NO1 you give him the extra £3/4/5 Million to buy him

I dont buy all this were skint were skint we got what £130 million in TV rights last year it just screams trying to do it on the cheap

If the prince wants to buy Mccabe out do that out of your own pocket otherwise you shouldn't be really owning a football club

We have been the least effected by the loss of fans in the league so we should be in a relatively good position compared to similar clubs

Benn5712 is that the numbers of threads about him mate
Dunno bypass. Probably in the other threads. Feeling a bit cabin feverish with the bollox going on. Looking forwards to Sunday. We'll beat L**ds.
On BT so I'm watching and kicking every ball, cushion, ornament. Air will be blue, hair torn out. Like tha' does.

Dunno bypass. Probably in the other threads. Feeling a bit cabin feverish with the bollox going on. Looking forwards to Sunday. We'll beat L**ds.
On BT so I'm watching and kicking every ball, cushion, ornament. Air will be blue, hair torn out. Like tha' does.

That I can relate to mate not got BT but I'll watch on hesgoal we've got to win Sunday, no not the points it's who we're playing.

That I can relate to mate not got BT but I'll watch on hesgoal we've got to win Sunday, no not the points it's who we're playing.
Points on the board for me. Scalp secondary. Then finding out which creature great or small is shitting in my spud bed, and it int no moggie.

This is s thread about the Board , not really about Brewster.
The OP is rightly questioning the strength of the Board's desire to help CW avoid relegation.

I agree, you can see Wilder getting more and more pissed off everytime he gets asked about Brewster. Abdullah has a lot to thank Wilder for after last season (and the season before that), give him what he needs to ensure we don't end up battling relegation.

spending big money for anyone is going to be tricky when your not getting any income in. im surprised at how much teams have spent in this window considering they had no income for over 6 months

& there always the chance that PL could ask/tell all 20 teams to contribute (plucking number out of the air) £10m to a fund for EFL & non league so teams dont go bust. but that topic for another thread. i know football is a bubble but lets forget the pandemic still exists in footbskk

spending big money for anyone is going to be tricky when your not getting any income in. im surprised at how much teams have spent in this window considering they had no income for over 6 months

& there always the chance that PL could ask/tell all 20 teams to contribute (plucking number out of the air) £10m to a fund for EFL & non league so teams dont go bust. but that topic for another thread. i know football is a bubble but lets forget the pandemic still exists in footbskk

No income in? The EPL is the richest league in the world through TV/sponsership income.

We have been the least effected by the loss of fans in the league so we should be in a relatively good position compared to similar clubs
What a daft statement.
What percentage of our total revenue comes from matchday/attending fans and then compare that against the others?
The other sides, pretty much to a man, have larger revenue streams outside of gate receipts than we do be that marketing, merch, sponsorship, TV money and winnings. Hence why even though their matchday losses may be a higher number, as a percentage of those clubs total revenue, it’s not as large an impact as we’re facing.

This is s thread about the Board , not really about Brewster.
The OP is rightly questioning the strength of the Board's desire to help CW avoid relegation.

Come on, there's a thread in the rumour mill. This very topic is being discussed on the Rhian Brewster thread.

Neeeer mind the 300 pager. Can we get more brewster threads than Ched threads?

Back
Top Bottom