Sunday’s game in doubt? - high winds

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

zablade

Reaction score
Mate of mine’s kid is one of the flag wavers on Sunday and he’s told me that they have been given early notice that the game could be in doubt as dangerous weather is predicted.

Doesn’t seem to be any snow or owt in the long term forecast I can see.

Mate of mine’s kid is one of the flag wavers on Sunday and he’s told me that they have been given early notice that the game could be in doubt as dangerous weather is predicted.

50mph winds by the looks.

The forecast for Sunday is

Heavy rain all day and gale force winds up to 50 mph.
The good news is at least it won’t be too cold.......predicted to be about 11 degrees when the match is played.

In contrast the previous day on Saturday looks fine, totally dry, sunny/ warmish but a bit windy.

The forecast for Sunday is

Heavy rain all day and gale force winds up to 50 mph.
The good news is at least it won’t be too cold.......predicted to be about 11 degrees when the match is played.

In contrast the previous day on Saturday looks fine, totally dry, sunny/ warmish but a bit windy.

SAG will be getting twitchy with 50mph wind forecast There were issues at the Brentford game I seem to remember last season that some exits had to closed.

Why are we playing on Sunday ? is it on TV ? do Bournemouth have a Euro game on Thursday 🙃

Who is going to the match in a 😷 all the rage fashion accessory these days.

In doubt? Thought it was in sheffield.

It would be a very snowflake modern thin to do to call a game off because it`s going to be a bit windy.
I would recommend a big coat, or some sort of wooly hat to combat said deadly threat.

It would be a very snowflake modern thin to do to call a game off because it`s going to be a bit windy.
I would recommend a big coat, or some sort of wooly hat to combat said deadly threat.

The only issue is last season at the Brentford game thay had to close certain exits due to the high winds, I would assume that a certain amount of exits have to be available and in use for a 30k crowd. If that can’t be guaranteed then the game could be in doubt.

I cant see that unless it is sustained gale force winds.

Why are we playing on Sunday ? is it on TV ? do Bournemouth have a Euro game on Thursday 🙃

i was confused at the start. but seemingly because all 10 PL winter break fixtures are televised all the usual rules go out of the window. so that's why BT are allowed a game on Sunday when it should only be sat lunchtime

It has been a bit bloody blustery in Sheffield since Friday night. I walked past the cranes in town with some trepidation this morning.

The good news is that the wind will be coming from the SW on Sunday rather than the NW as it is today as it was biting cold this morning,.

It has been a bit bloody blustery in Sheffield since Friday night. I walked past the cranes in town with some trepidation this morning.

The good news is that the wind will be coming from the SW on Sunday rather than the NW as it is today as it was biting cold this morning,.

Glad it's not going to be a North Westerly, there's nothing worse than being downwind from Hillsborough

Unless someone read the Express.

Back
Top Bottom